HexEnt does listen to the community - here's the evidence!

• Good...but... (and I am sorry there has to be a "but" but when I dont say it noone does ;) )

Personaly when I said on-demand constructed I meant standard. I gues I should have always said on-demand-standard-constructed.
      Why is that important?

Multiple reasons. First I understand that you want to push immortal. I am glad for that. I will profit personaly since I have a lot of older cards (e.g. 6 rune ear AAs). There is nothing to say against that goal in itself. I just wished there would have been another way.

My dream scenario would have been standard constructed gauntlet that also counts towards your cosmic rank and also grants you cosmic coins. I made a suggestion on how to in the past. I really think that such a system would be preferrable.

With the way you are doing it now you are splitting up incentives. That doesnt feel right. I want to qualify for CCS. I want to earn cosmic coins. I want to play for on-demand prices. Seems like I cant have all three.

The price structure is okay I gues. Packs are worth less now but now you have promos. So it might be the nearly the same payouts as the old CG.
      Again..the incentive splitting is problematic. You might also call it the bucket problem. There was a way to at least lessen that problem.

Last but not least: It will be interesting to see how much people will enjoy playing the format itself. Until now it wasnt played enough for the masses to have a judgment on that and there wasnt a real meta. I have my reservations regarding immortal. But I gues its just wait and see.
    • I actually meant to post in the other thread.

There I added the line:

That all being said: Thanks for finally listening. The details are problematic (again) but after waiting so long I gues I should just be happy its finally here.

Does that make it better ? :D

I am sorry...I want to feel just good about this but my brain keeps telling me "there was a much better way to do this with no additional drawbacks".
    • damnit...I think I have to do the same conversation twice now cause I posted in the wrong thread initialy. Well...I dont mind.

I know already that people will say that I should just stop complaining.

I wish I could just be happy.

But I keep thinking that there was a way to this better without additional drawbacks. I cant help it.

The whole reason CG was removed was because of the bucket problem. And now after all the time and adding extra incentives for one single bucket they come back to "lets just add another bucket and completely split the incentives". Again...personaly I will profit from rising immortal card prices. I just wished they would have found a better solution for the original problem. Maybe they had reservations against my suggestion or against all the other ones people made. Maybe they didnt really consider those alternatives. How should I know? It is not like they are actually talking to us.
      I am glad they finally brought back on-demand constructed but after all those years I expected a better solution. Thats it.
      Feel free to hate me for thinking this. I just cant help it.

For additional reference:
      Immortal Gauntlets

I was one of the people who screamed the loudest about bringing back CG. But with this implementation I dont even know wether I should play immortal gauntlet or play for the ladder/CCS and coins. The cosmic system being skewed towards play-more so much doesnt help (but thats another very old pet topic of me).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Metronomy ().

• Vroengard wrote:

Plotynus wrote:

Lol metro, come on.
      I don't like it being the case, but he's right. Constructed Gauntlet WAS STANDARD. They scrapped it. We would've liked it back. They brought back Immortal Constructed Gauntlet. Which is something else people asked for, mind you. But not what people who wanted Constructed Gauntlet wanted.
      Constructed Gauntlet was standard when there was no immortal at all... and actually, Immortal Gauntlet was something that a part of the community (me included) asked, since standard is pretty well covered and immortal it's not. IG it's a sweet spot for those who wants the gauntlet format to grind and to provide support for a format which didn't have any until now. So, what's the issue? That you have to choose? Well, that's life. In a game with 500k players, standard can have gauntlet + ladder with cosmic coins. In this scenario, no.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Metronomy wrote:

Good...but... (and I am sorry there has to be a "but" but when I dont say it noone does ;) )

Personaly when I said on-demand constructed I meant standard. I gues I should have always said on-demand-standard-constructed.
      Why is that important?

Multiple reasons. First I understand that you want to push immortal. I am glad for that. I will profit personaly since I have a lot of older cards (e.g. 6 rune ear AAs). There is nothing to say against that goal in itself. I just wished there would have been another way.

My dream scenario would have been standard constructed gauntlet that also counts towards your cosmic rank and also grants you cosmic coins. I made a suggestion on how to in the past. I really think that such a system would be preferrable.

With the way you are doing it now you are splitting up incentives. That doesnt feel right. I want to qualify for CCS. I want to earn cosmic coins. I want to play for on-demand prices. Seems like I cant have all three.

The price structure is okay I gues. Packs are worth less now but now you have promos. So it might be the nearly the same payouts as the old CG.
      Again..the incentive splitting is problematic. You might also call it the bucket problem. There was a way to at least lessen that problem.

Last but not least: It will be interesting to see how much people will enjoy playing the format itself. Until now it wasnt played enough for the masses to have a judgment on that and there wasnt a real meta. I have my reservations regarding immortal. But I gues its just wait and see.
      Your not going to have constructed gauthlet.

People complained about nothing to do with ladder, so they added coins

Are you ever happy? I mean they could add gauthlet and you would add well its good and all but..

IM very happy with all the latest change. Immotal gauthlet will make the old cards more desirable and will make people want to play.

Great addition guys..really happy with how things are going..really
    • I made enough suggestions and always try to explain what my issues are.

For example all the merry melee modes should be available for everyone at all time to challenge whoever they want for free.
      It is not that hard actually.

@Plotynus: I think there is a misunderstanding. Exactly because the playerbase isnt big the bucket problem actualy is a problem. Exactly because of that problem CG was removed in the first place. And exactly because of that I would have preferred a solution that doesnt split incentices/buckets.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Metronomy ().

• Metronomy wrote:

I made enough suggestions and always try to explain what my issues are.

For example all the merry melee modes should be available for everyone at all time to challenge whoever they want for free.
      It is not that hard actually.

@Plotynus: I think there is a misunderstanding. Exactly because the playerbase isnt big the bucket problem actualy is a problem. Exactly because of that problem CG was removed in the first place. And exactly because of that I would have preferred a solution that doesnt split incentices/buckets.
      Well, following your logic, to apply CG to standard, Hex will have to choose between it and the ladder. And ladder might have all the problems we can say, but it's a more friendly experience (and free!) for the average user, so that's not gonna happen.

I actually think that if IG for some reason it's inactive, they could "fix" it with multi-queue. Allow us to queue for standard + immortal, whatever comes first, you play. This will encourage people to play both modes if the bucket theory proves right (to be clear: multi-queue doesn't eliminate the chance to only seek game in the mode you want).
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • I made several suggestions on how to circumvent the bucket problem. Go read the thread I linked. Ohters have made suggestions as well. Hack..you just made one yourself (a good one imo). So why not explore those ideas instead of just adding a complete seperate bucket. I mean...those suggestions are years old.

The problem you describe can be solved by better matchmaking imo. But sure...its a valid concern. But here it shows again that it would be so much better when HXE would talk to us more. Lets have at least a discussion.
    • @Metronomy you realize cosmic coins are essentially just packs but just fractionalized. So asking for cosmic coins in constructed gauntlet is essentially just asking for more rewards to a mode that’s already very friendly EV wise, so much so that people were wondering whether HxE shut it down because it was too generous. I guess you could have altered the prize structure and removed some actual packs and added a chance at a pack (cosmic coins), but that just doesn’t make sense outside of a Family Guy episode. As for CCS entry, why in the world would you earn the right to qualify for Standard tournament by playing Immortal? Do you realize how ridiculous that is? There’s already the Immortal version of CCS which is the ICS (not as good as CCS reward wise but it’s something) you get to qualify for so that angle is covered. Gauntlets are quite bucket-intensive (many different records and needing to match people based on that) so asking for a Standard one at this time when they have ladder + weekly cash tournaments instead of an Immortal one doesn't seem like the right allocation.
    • I am not suggesting that IG should count toward CCS. I am suggesting that it should be standard and that that gauntlet should count towards everything.

The advantage is not having split incentives/buckets (which actually is an issue with a small player base).
      The disadvantage is that you dont have extra incentives for immortal.

Something that was discussed in the past (see link above).
      Imo the preferred route would have been CG (standard) with one single bucket (see link on how to or search the forum for other suggestions on how to).
      The main issue right now is the low player base. Thats why the bucket problem is a problem in the first place. If that changes I am sure that finding good enough incentives for immortal wont be an issue.

There are other alternatives. You could try to combine the queues in some way (like Plotynus suggested). I gues when you do that you should actualy make IG award coins and count towards CCS. Besides that not being thematic (qualifying with immortal format for a standard tournament..something you already have in the sense that you can qualify by just playing limited)..are there other concerns that speak against this in theory?

Btw...I am a huge family guy fan. CCs are a bonus incentive. It doesnt matter if its extra set packs or mystery boxes (except you cant buy the board except with CCs..which can be relevant enough for some). Its a bonus you have in one mode but not in the other. Also...HXE didnt shut down CG because it was too generous but because of the bucket problem. They said so. Changing the price structure would have been trivial. Cory spoke about the bucket problem himself quite a few times.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Metronomy ().

• Metro, for many of us on the PvE bandwagon, we have long-ago accepted, you can't have everything you want.

The simple answer is that at a certain point you just need to commit time and energy to where you want to make it.
      In order for them to equally incentivize game modes, they can't stack it all in one.
      It's really that simple.

From an EV+ perspective, I should just be playing constructed, because the only input is time, with now continual tradeable outputs, but I just don't like it enough to care about that EV+ associated.

It's just disappointing that many modes that are truly fun in HEX are locked behind $.
      It would seem part of the EV+ is the fun you get out of the mode, and HEX apparently puts $ amounts to dissuade pure enjoyment at no cost to the player.