Mercenary Guide

• Mercenary Guide

Hello, I thought it would be fun to build a brief little guide on the "general theme" of each Mercenary I currently have, and will try to help players pick and choose which Mercenaries fit their playstyle. I will update this as I get more Mercenaries. I'll try to avoid specific card picks, because making your own deck is half the fun! Plus there's a billion and one variables to look at, and I'm too lazy to analyze everyone's decks. Also, if I do happen to get any duplicate Mercenaries, I'll post in this thread and see if anyone wants to trade.

For reference, when I say decks can only have "one Blood, two Diamonds" for example, that's on a per card basis. So in the previous example, I could have one Chupacabra, one Cryptspitter and two Reversions, but I couldn't have two Chupacabras. When you see +1A/+2D, the "A" stands for "Attack" and the "D" is for "Defense" (Or health of the individual troop).

Also, due to the length, I've had to split this in to multiple posts. Apologies for the poor aesthetics.

Campaign and Player Level Mercenaries

These are cards that everyone who plays singleplayer will end up with eventually. As a result, I've put them first, as they require no investment from players.

Augustine

A pretty basic Mercenary, and typically one of the first Mercenaries you'll get. His only real restraint is that you cannot select Underworld cards. In general, almost any particular card will be useful to him, though cards with 2, 4 and 6 Attack will be the most useful. His ability can be used to "scare" the AI away from attacking you, or to ensure your card won't be killed by defenders if attack. Once a card gets to 4 Attack, if it will survive attacking, always attack, as the Steadfast ability will keep them safe. Inspire, Valor and Rage cards all work very well within his deck, but be aware that cards with Diligence will almost certainly be wasted. His considerable starting Health means you can afford to tank a few hits while you build your army if need be as well.

Katsuhiro

The other "Early Mercenary" you'll get. To use him: Flood the board! Anyone with experience using Shin'Hare troops will slot in perfectly to using this strategy. As you can tell, having three or more troops, and having them attack, means you'll add a vulnerable counter to the enemy and gain three health. The former can be massively threatening (Especially when you have a lot of weak troops attacking at once) and the latter can keep you fighting for a surprising amount of time. Perfectly mirroring Augustine, he cannot include Ardent troops in his deck, though unlike Augustine, he can take only a single copy of Diamond, Ruby and Sapphire troops. This shouldn't matter though, because you should be trying to fill him up with Shin'Hare and Shroomkin troops, which will allow you to build an army of cheap, disposable troops. While effects like Rage, Diligence and Lethal can be helpful, priority number one should be getting as many troops out as posssible!

Mayor Galway

The first "oddball" Mercenary you'll likely earn (To earn him, you have to kill the Hag Queen without killing him as a troop), he's all about spamming them Humans. His default ability will summon two Townsfolk. By default, they're just terrible. However, with careful planning, they can be made slightly less terrible. With Inspire, or "Per troop" cards, they can be spammed to provide bonus stats, or Health. And when hit with Inspire, they can be used as either sacrificial defenders, or as exhaustible sources for the Dark Water to use. Which brings us to the real star of the show: The Dark Water. Using this bugger can basically render opponents impotent by denying their troops.

Sister of the Herd

Sincerely one of my favourite Mercenaries to use. To get her, you need to complete the Hall of Kukutan. Before upgrading, she's an OK Mercenary, capable of putting a Buffalo called Tama down, or giving all Beasts in play +2A/+2D for a turn if that Buffalo is already present. When upgraded, every turn, your Beasts in play will receive a random Boon (Lethal, Swiftstrike, Steadfast, Lifedrain, Flight or +1A/+1D). So the solution here is obvious: Flood the board with Beasts and wait. Her ability means you can get to a point where your Beasts will be utterly unassailable. While I try not to give specific card choices, Buffalord plays in to this deck extremely well. Her ability to gain thresholds means you can put out whatever colour of Buffalos you want. She's basically impossible to use incorrectly though, so toss some Beasts in to a deck, and let her rip.

Sin'glar

You'll unlock this ugly bugger by leveling up your account to Level 9. He's one of the trickier ones to build a deck around, because you're only one of each card (Except for resources, of course), and he tends to have a weird lull in between having one card on the board and four. The most obvious solution to using him is to pick a strong troop with either Lifedrain, or Steadfast AND Swiftstrike. The former will basically allow you to ignore damage, the latter will usually intimidate the AI in to not attacking you. A common pick with him that everyone has, is Adaptatron. Put one on the board by round two, and then you can spend the rest of the match just upgrading its abilities. He's one of the few Mercenaries where Spells and Constants will have a much greater impact on your game than Troops. His ability typically isn't worth much on its own, but can be hilariously effective against opponents like Wiktor (Draw a new card, then throw out the negative card Wiktor gave you).
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SaintVicarious ().

• Chest and Kismet Mercenaries
      These are cards that are either earned from random drops in Campaign and Frost Ring Arena, or by random drops when shopping at the Kismet specials. While some can be found in the Auction House for reasonable amounts, typically they're extremely expensive to buy that way. Unfortunately, it's about the only consistent method of getting them. As a result, I've kept this section separate from the guaranteed Mercenaries, given the considerable investment they require.

Naal-Noorfoh the Just

He's pretty obvious at first blush: Aim for Spirits, and aim for Constants. That said, there's a bit of finesse to both. Spirits with potent Deathcries, Deploys or effects that occur upon entering play can be very powerful, because of the ability to put them right back in to his deck after death (Note, they have to DIE for it to work, being buried or discarded doesn't count). As for the constants, while it can be tempting to go for some of the more powerful cards, try to keep a number of cheap constants in your deck (Diamond constants in particular are handy for this), because his ability means you'll need to replay them to gain power. Speaking of his ability, it's one of the few abilities in the game that can be a straight up negative if you aren't careful - you are returning cards to your hand after all. Never-the-less, it should be used when appropriate, and after the first "round" of doing it, you'll usually be able to use it every turn and put your constants right back out. This can be very handy for constants with useful deploy effects, allowing you to spam them multiple times. Be wary of selecting Ardent or Underworld troops, as you'll be forced to keep the number of Ardent and Underworld troops equal when deckbuilding. You also cannot select any Ruby, Sapphire or Wild cards.

G24A-19

Took me a while, because as far as I can see, he's the only Mercenary in the game where the focus in on the Mercenary himself, not Troops, Spells or Constants. To use him, you'll want to do two things primarily: Boost his charges, and boost his armor. Both should be done as often as possible. Anything regarding Health gain or Lifedrain can be ignored - he can never gain Health. So you should be completely focused on negating any damage to him, ideally through the use of armor, but sacrificing troops on defense can and will be necessary thanks to the lowest Health total in the game - just 8. Don't worry about having your troops attack the enemy, G24A-19 should be doing all the work himself for that. When upgraded, he starts with 1 Armor. While that might not sound like much, it means he can be at 2 Armor by your first round of play, which means basically no opponent will be able to hurt him early on, plus you'll start doing considerable damage earlier. He can't have any Quick Cards in his deck, but besides that, is basically an open book, so just pick whatever will allow you to build Armor and Charges as fast as you can!

Sekki

One of the cutest Mercenaries in the game, and one of the hardest to use well. Sekki is all about super cheap troops, with a side bonus of being able to build Blood and Sapphire thresholds extremely quickly. This really benefits Oni troops, as they cost between 0 and 1 Resource to play, but require between 3 and 5 Threshold to use. Other useful cards are those that will allow you to return cards from your Crypt, because while Oni troops are powerful, they're delicate as glass (As befits a Ninja). While you can't use Diamond, Ruby or Wild cards, you wouldn't want to anyways. So long as you aim to keep mostly cheap cards, your deckbuilding options are fairly open.

Tealwing

Feels like a birdy version of Naal-Noorfoh the Just, but there's more to them than that. Unlike Naal, Tealwing is not prevented from using any shard type (Though Ruby and Wild are limited to just two common cards and one uncommon), and doesn't need to sacrifice its Constants, so you can use big powerful effects if you want to. With Constants being 1 Resource cheaper than normal, spam the ever-loving hell out of them. Troops should either be Birds, to take advantage of the 1 Resource price reduction, or catered around taking advantage of your Constants. Speaking of the latter, their Ability is both expensive and very beholden to RNG, which means you'll often have to adjust your strategy on the fly, but can give you some POWERFUL Constants. Tealwing can't use Beasts (Which is ironic, given that Birds are basically just flying Beasts) but that's basically irrelevant within the confines of the deck.

Zurxathil

There's essentially two different ways to play him, so I'll cover them both. The first way is to get out one Underworld troop from each race, and preferably ones that take advantage of the Dreadlings (Vennen take advantage of the Spider Trait, Shin'Hare take advantage of the Shroomkin Trait and the dying, Dwarves take advantage of the Robot trait). Doing so will result in an extremely noticeable shift in power once you have all four on the board. This effect occurs on a per-troop basis, so the more troops you have out, the more Dreadlings will be created each round, so keep your troops as cheap as you can get away with (Underworld Recruiter helps out dramatically here). The second way to play them is as a Conscript-focused Mercenary. Their ability will allow you to add "Conscript two troops that cost less than this troop" to a random troop in your hand, so unlike the first strategy, expensive troops can be a boon here. Plus, focusing on cards that play up bonuses to Conscript can turn this from "maybe helpful" to "almost certainly helpful". While this still can end up giving you all four races required to spawn Dreadlings, that becomes more of a "bonus effect" with this strategy. Regardless of which way you plan, Zurxathil will allow you to two Diamond and Ruby cards, three Wild cards, and four Blood and Sapphire cards. The only deckbuilding stipulation is that you need to have at least two differently named troops from each Underworld race - but you were going to do that anyways, right?

Hawkor

Hawkor probably plays close to how you were already playing, just better. He's all about cards that you have equipment on. His played troops get +1A/+1D when you play an equipped card, and his ability reduces the resource cost by 1 for your equipped cards regardless of where they are. When upgraded, you can also pick a card in your deck to make three copies of (Please note, this means if you have only one copy of that card and it's in your hand, you can't pick that card) which can tie in to some obscene combos. While he doesn't allow for any Beasts in his deck (Seems to be a common theme), but allows for up to three of any card. Remember how I said Hawkor plays like your default? Pick whatever strategy you like, and simply build your equipment slots around the cards (Try to spread your equipment picks to as many cards as possible), and then just play as normal. With 22 Health and 1 Armor, he's absurdly durable, and he only gets better as he goes along. Cards that go back in to your deck upon death can be extremely helpful for him, allowing you to replay equipped cards over and over again.

Kikaku

Murder your own troops! OK, it's not quite that simple, but Kikaku thrives on Crypt control. Cards that benefit from others dying, such as Shin'Hare (Duh) and Gnolls are extremely useful to him, and you can end up with a field of exceedingly powerful cards in no time. It's also possible to use Undead, Vampires and Blightbark troops to take advantage of both Deathcries and Shards. To make sure you don't deck yourself out, ensure you have a method of getting troops back in to your deck or hand from your crypt. Deckbuilding for him can be a nightmare, so I'd recommend you hold off until you know what you're doing. He will require ten troops with Deathcry (Which is a LOT), plus he can't take any Diamond or Sapphire cards (Both of which would be good sources of Crypt control).
    • Chest and Kismet Mercenaries (Continued)

Baxoth of Korru
      This guy plays exactly how you should be playing Vennen, and happens to be my favourite Mercenary in the entire game. His Ability provides a consistent source of Spiders for your Vennen effects to activate, and his base trait allows you to absolutely punish Ardent decks. His deck options are fairly open, with only Diamond and Ardent cards being banned, while he can take four Blood and Sapphire cards, and three Ruby and Wild cards. While this technically means you can build up a decent Shin'Hare or Dwarf deck to take advantage of the Shroomkin, you should really be playing Vennen here, as they take advantage of both the Spiderling and mill effects. In general, the only non-Vennen cards that should be here is Underworld cards that specifically help with producing Spiderlings (or milling the opponents deck), and Chaostouched to mill the opponent's deck out faster (Thus getting us more Spiderlings when we use the ability, and quicker Spider hatches).

Dallad
      If Baxorth is the default Vennen, Dallad is the default Necrotic. His ability might not look overly impressive - Revert a troop you control and give it a one-turn +2A/+2D bonus in exchange for a whopping FOUR charges. However, it really comes in to its own when it comes to troops with Rebirth and Shift, the two of which synergize extremely well with the Necrotics. He also gets to Fateweave once at the beginning of the game, which can account for a slight bump in the right direction for your opening hand, but shouldn't be completely relied upon to deal with a bad hand. In general, load this guy up with troops that take advantage of being reverted. While he can technically take one Ruby and two Blood and Sapphire troops, he's clearly angled towards Diamond troops. That's fine, most of the ones we want are Diamond anyways, but better still: He can take four Prismatic (Cards that take at least two different shards to play), which means cards like Iddi aren't capped to two, but four. He's a fairly weak Mercenary overall, but can fill in a niche if needed (Or if you want to see what Necrotic play like).

Corinth the Iconoclast
      Special thanks to @Fred for giving me to her! Let's start with the easy part: Deckbuilding. Do you have 20 resources? Congratulations, you have a deck for Corinth! In gameplay, she plays nothing like any other Mercenary in the game. At the end of each round she swaps her hand for a new hand of four cards, and can only gain offensive cards through her ability that costs one charge, which will put up three completely random cards that you have the thresholds required to play - but not necessarily the resource count to. While this makes her ludicrously RNG dependent, in the selection, cards with Deploy, Deathcry and Create effects are all very helpful: The former two can be spammed mercilessly, because her Crypt goes back in to her deck each round, and the latter can help overcome a lack of useful troops from her ability. Speaking of her Crypt being returned to her deck each turn, she becomes basically impossible to mill out, so enjoy Chaostouched battles. As an aside, she is just about the worst Mercenary to have in your party if you aren't going to use her, because her party passive will randomly throw out a card from your hand each round.

Clatterclank
      Again, thanks Fred! Are you one of those players (Like myself) who always wishes they could justify picking a larger deck? Have I got the Mercenary for you! Requiring a whopping 150 minimum cards in deckbuilding, less than half of which can be resources, Clatterclank is basically a Mill decks worst nightmare. I actually found myself struggling to keep a theme with him, because the deck requirement is so large it's hard to fill. He will allow four of any kind of card, though his passive benefits from having at least one Artifact, Constant and Non-Artifact Troop in play at the same time, so I went with a Dwarf & Robot deck. A big part of this deck is ensuring you have sufficient card draw to keep pouring out useful cards. His charge power can be immensely powerful (If you draw an expensive card) or a little insulting (If you draw a cheap one), but should always be used, as it's only ever a positive.

Brosi-Buk
      Big thanks to @SlayerStronghold for this lad! In a manner of speaking, Brosi-Buk feels very similar to Corinth. His ability does the same thing as hers, he thrives with multiple shards in play, and he causes tons of RNG for himself, and his effect on the party is typically negative. Unlike Corinth, he will require you to actually build a deck to use him. This can be challenging, because every time you play a non-resource card, one of the cards in your hand gets transformed. As a result, you need to plan around both the card being useful if played and the card being useful if transformed. Prismatic cards typically excel at the role (Thanks to SlayerStronghold and CoSVII for the tip), and cards that take advantage of transforming can rapidly spiral in to absolute powerhouses. In general, try to plan out your path as best you can with playing, but don't be beholden to any expensive cards, because chances are they won't be what you thought they were by the time you get to play them.

Mother Beatrice
      I had a lot of fun with this one, because she's fairly focused, but also fairly niche. She's about two things: Illuminate, and Clerics. If you have a troop that fulfills both those roles, they become an absolute force of nature. She's primarily set up for Diamond and Ruby cards, though she'll allow you to run four Clerics of any shard. In general though, the game gives you a pretty healthy smattering of Diamond Clerics in Campaign. The other useful cards I've found with her are cards that refer to "Share a Class with you", because chances are basically every troop she'll be playing will share a class with her. Her ability can basically be looked at as a win condition, as having an entire field of Invincible troops attacking will board wipe the opposing troops more often than not. Further compounding that, in addition to the one Candlekin you start the game with, by round 4 when you can use the ability, you'll likely have three Candlekin at 3A/3D ready to roar. Her power gets significantly better as the game goes on, so don't worry if you take a little while to get rolling.

Scabtongue
      Thanks to Fred for this ugly bugger! Scabtongue is a bit of a tough nut to crack. He's clearly angled to using Artifacts, yet Dwarves - the best troops to pair with Artifacts - cannot be used, nor can plans. And even with Gnolls, he cannot use Blood cards, limiting the selection of Gnolls rather significantly. Never-the-less, most of the Gnolls that we want are Ruby or Wild anyways: Ruby Gnolls tend to pair up with Artifacts, and Wild Gnolls tend to react to troops dying. The former can be used with the litany of Artifacts you'll be playing, and the latter can benefit from his Ability. Speaking of that ability, it allows you to smush two 5-cost-or-less Artifacts together to make a new Artifact of the combined cost. While this is somewhat random, it can be "pushed" in certain directions by factoring in what Artifacts cost certain amounts. When upgraded, he can also destroy every opposing artifact and summon Scrapyard Dynamos for each one. In general, load him up useful Artifacts (Ones that tie in to other Artifacts being present or dying, such a Pterobot or Junk Wall, can be awesome), and off you go.

Xarhrax
      Thanks to Fred for this lass! I was never huge on Prismatic decks until I played her, and holy hell, what a great Mercenary. Her theme is blatantly obvious at first blush: Rush to get all five shards in to play ASAP (Takes two turns at minimum), then sit back and enjoy your victory. OK, so there's slightly more to her than that, but honestly, not by much: Her deckbuilding requires at least four cards of every shard, however Prismatic cards do count for both if there's something you truly don't want to run, prismatic cards will still fulfill that minimum for you. Her ability can turn monstrously difficult encounters against themselves, as you steal their best cards to use yourself (Not to mention it lets you see your opponents cards). Her two base traits make your troops significantly more dangerous by giving them +2A/+2D, and your constants all become one resource cheaper. When upgraded, she becomes even more powerful, as it will also steal a card from the opponent's deck every round, so long as you have two of each shard.

Lillyth
      Thanks to Fred for this nekkid lady. Have you ever played an Elf ramp deck? You're completely prepared to play Lillyth. Every time you play a resource, you make a 6-resource card whose thresholds you currently have. On top of that, every time you use her ability, you play a resource from somewhere in your deck. For deckbuilding, obviously cards that help you ramp up as fast as possible are beneficial. But her biggest change in deckbuilding is the difference in the resource to card ratio. Whereas I typically aim for about 35% resources, with her you can absolutely justify going up as high as 60% resources, because those resources will give her more troops to play anyways. Her party passive is unreliable, but powerful when it activates.

The post was edited 5 times, last by SaintVicarious: Added four more Mercenaries. ().

• Incomplete Mercenaries
      The "work in progress" section.

Boingo (Owned)
      This guy's trait means that every turn, a random troop of yours becomes flying, gains one attack and loses one defense. This on its own means that cards with one health (More on that later), Rage, Diligence, Shift, Conscript, changing stats and Boons become extremely unreliable. Troops without 1 health cannot be added in to the deck during deckbuilding, but that doesn't prevent the game from spawning one-health troops by summoning (Shin'Hare, Spiderlings, Spiders) or Conscripting, and those troops will instantly die if the trait hits them. His Ability can be fairly helpful, but typically requires a lot of finesse to be useful. In general, I'll keep trying new things, but as far as Mercenaries go, you can get far better for far less.

Aethynia (Not Owned)
      Kickstarter reward.

Ashahsa (Owned)
      She is very niche. She can establish complete and total aerial dominance. But if your opponent isn't playing an aerial deck, she seems sub-par at best. Will keep tinkering around with her and figure something out.

B.E.B.O. (Not Owned)
      Haven't seen available.

Burgamot Ebonrock (Not Owned)
      Kickstarter reward.

Cardboard Tube Samurai (Not Owned)
      Kickstarter reward.

Charmane the Molten (Owned)
      I lack enough elementals/illuminate cards for her.

Corporal Hadrian (Owned)
      Will try later.

Damioar Lathe (Owned)
      Will try later.

Elder Mistsong (Owned)
      Will try later.

Feste (Owned)
      Could be a really cool Mercenary to have. Sadly, I've only seen her once on the Auction House, and they were asking six-digit Gold sums for her.

Finis Pith (Not Owned)
      Never seen it on the Auction House.

Gax, the Sly Roller (Not Owned)
      This was only available at an event over four years old, so it's doubtful I'll ever find him.

Glorfenblort (Not Owned)
      Kickstarter reward.

Gordon Boomcussion (Owned)
      So far I have a rough Skarn/Action based Ruby deck, but it'll need refinement before I write up an entry for him.

Hoo'vis O'Shearskin (Owned)
      No idea how to even play him yet, so I'll hold off on giving advice until I do.

Ho'ten To'ta (Owned)
      Will try later.

Jusicus Elderberry (Not Owned)
      Unfortunately, I missed him when he was in the Kismet lootbox. We'll see if a cheap one pops up later.

Khafra (Owned)
      I'm saving the best for last with this one.

Khodh'Krih (Owned)
      Just need to swallow my pride and build a dedicated mill-deck.

Mathilda in White (Owned)
      Still not as refined as I'd like.

Mephistophelius (Not Owned)
      Kickstarter reward.

Monkey of the Nine Tails (Not Owned)
      Kickstarter reward.

Mooof (Not Owned)
      Kickstarter reward.

Mother Beatrice (Owned)
      Will retry later.

Mother Dawnbreeze (Not Owned)
      If any of you are looking for an early Christmas present idea for me...

Muckwallower Nix (Not sure if owned)
      Ugly bugger, and impossible to find in Auction House.

Nettlemoss (Owned)
      Not enough Conscript cards yet.

Portensio of Avon (Not Owned)
      Like the previous two, came from an old event, so you won't be getting one with investing considerable (real) money.

Quarkix (Owned)
      Will try later.

Puck, the Dreambringer (Not Owned)
      Almost never see them in the Auction House, and they're expensive when they do.

Rakshani the Spiteblade (Owned)
      Will try later.

Rifkun Bonespike (Owned)
      Will try later.

Salty Sam, the Swashbuckler (Not owned)
      Gaze upon the single most expensive Mercenary in the game. Was a reward for a tournement. If you manage to buy one of these, you probably look down on Ferraris as "too common".

Scion of Uruunaz (Not owned)
      Kickstarter reward.

Shamrock (Owned)
      Will try later.

Shayulsia (Owned)
      Will try later.

Sir Thorngage (Owned)
      Mostly done, just need more plants and undead.

Sugarpuss (Not owned)
      Looks like a cool fat cat, but I haven't seen any for cheap.

Sylviana (Owned)
      Will try later.

The Dingler King (Owned)
      Jesus, how do you even build a deck for this guy? I spent twenty minutes last night looking at him, at his themes, and at my cards, and none of it made any sense. This will probably be an "over-the-weekend" kind of deal.

Thonia the Raving (Owned)
      Will try later.

Tobias Belch (Owned)
      Will try later.

Vlastislav the Deathless (Not owned)
      I've had no luck with Kismet packs.

Wyler Wylde (Owned)
      Will try later.

Xorak, the Flamehand (Not owned)
      Never seen them online.

Zannut (Not owned)
      I saw one of these a while back. When I looked at it, I believe it was the single most expensive anything I'd ever seen on the Gold Auction House.

Zoltog (Not owned)
      Kickstarter reward.

The post was edited 8 times, last by SaintVicarious: Removed Count Davian from the list. ().

• One tip from a free-to-play player: convert some of your gold to plat, most conveniately through Bankerbot. Many of the mercs you mentioned are available for very reasonable platinum prices. Upgrading them is still expensive though, I only do that for the ones I really like.
    • Maliander wrote:

One tip from a free-to-play player: convert some of your gold to plat, most conveniately through Bankerbot. Many of the mercs you mentioned are available for very reasonable platinum prices. Upgrading them is still expensive though, I only do that for the ones I really like.
      I'm also a free player, and totally didn't even know this was a thing.

Derp. :huh:
    • Tip for free to play Sister of the Herd: The Dream Turtle and the Chupacabra are obtainable in the campaign, and are very valuable beasts. With equipment, especially, Chupacabra is extremely dangerous under upgraded Sister of the Herd. This makes a Diamond/Blood deck very efficient.

EDIT: I noticed you missed something.

Naal-Noorfoh is -the- Verdict master, which you forgot to mention. With charge generation or charge power reduction, he can engine Verdicts. Not to mention his spirit synergies help, as all but three units under the Twilight Host are spirits. (The other three are, largely, negligible) Additionally, when upgraded, he can produce additional constants through the passing of Verdicts.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Firellius ().

• Karot wrote:

sweetie, Rebirth is a staple of Blightbark, not necrotics, you might want to correct that part of your Dallad guide. I love your work, so I'll be lovingly ripping IT apart piece by piece if I ever notice something wrong with it <3

Seriously though, hope I can help.
      D'aww... :(

It is a Blightbark trait, you're right. Though I find it synergizes really well with the Necrotic (Especially given that the majority of the cards with it are Blood or Diamond cards), so that's why I tossed it in there. Sorry for the confusion!

Anyways, I sincerely appreciate the ripping it apart, because I am by no means an expert player or deckbuilder, so keep the comments coming!

Firellius wrote:

Tip for free to play Sister of the Herd: The Dream Turtle and the Chupacabra are obtainable in the campaign, and are very valuable beasts. With equipment, especially, Chupacabra is extremely dangerous under upgraded Sister of the Herd. This makes a Diamond/Blood deck very efficient.

EDIT: I noticed you missed something.

Naal-Noorfoh is -the- Verdict master, which you forgot to mention. With charge generation or charge power reduction, he can engine Verdicts. Not to mention his spirit synergies help, as all but three units under the Twilight Host are spirits. (The other three are, largely, negligible) Additionally, when upgraded, he can produce additional constants through the passing of Verdicts.
      Yep, I personally run all five shards on my Sister, because her second ability makes it extremely easy to "make up" any missing shards needed to play another Beast, but I didn't want to steer players in a particular direction. There's some pretty good options for Ruby (Skarns getting Lethal, Crush or Rage are basically an auto-win), Wild (See: Basically everything) and even Sapphire (The Jellyfish you get from the second adventure zone can basically prevent your opponent from harming you).

I do realize he is absolutely awesome at Verdicts, however, Verdict cards are pretty hard to come by in singleplayer, so I tried to keep it fairly "open" in that sense. Definitely agree on the Spirits though, they're the only Troops I run in that deck! :)
    • Holy hell Fred, you've given me enough work to last weeks updating this list! SlayerStronghold, I'll try and work on Brosi-Buk when I can, but I don't have any real cards for the transformation theme to utilize. I'll start perusing the Auction House this weekend and then I'll get started.

I've added in Corinth the Iconoclast and Clatterclank to the guides, as they were the only two last night that I felt I had done legitimately well-enough to say "anyone can follow these ideals".

On a different note, I ended up getting a Boingo last night on a chest spin. If anyone wants him, just say so here! Please don't be a jerk though: If you're going to sell it, leave it for someone who legitimately wants it.
    • Brosi is really easy to build - all infusion devices and curios and daarmak, mind games, the other 5 shard card and some ruby sapphire prismatic cards (best draw) - you have a good chances to combo out on turn 3-4 going infinite with one daarmak.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri