Pinned [Siege] Pappy Jasper's Prize Patrol & Puzzle Badges

• Norwind wrote:

Have you considered uploading interesting replays to youtube?
      I'd really like to if I can figure out a way to do it that isn't impractical; the big limiting factor currently is that, in the interests of keeping the keep online as much as I can, I try to flip it back after confirming replays so that someone else can take a shot. If the old replays are still lurking on the hard drive somewhere and I get a means that I can go back to play them later, that would be potentially doable--but right now it's tough to accommodate unless if I'm OK with the siege staying offline once it's defeated each day until I can take the time to edit a clip for upload.
    • Depending on keep activity, there can be upwards of 10 - 12 replays between postings typically, more if someone's trying to tackle multiple puzzle badges and making attacks -> going back to the collection editor to tweak -> returning again. It's one of the reasons that I ask for folks to send me mail when they're after challenges, because at a certain point I just don't have the time to go over every replay if it's ordinary play.

When I introduce new decks to the rotation, I've typically done 10 - 20 practice games against it myself with a few different popular decks + a rock deck; then once it's live I'll watch all of the initial attempt replays to see how other players are managing against it and make little tweaks here and there for playability / trying to keep a balance where the AI puts up a hopefully interesting challenge without being oppressive (the goal is for them to be beatable if you're just trying to reach Pappy's challenge, but more challenging once you're trying to fulfill Puzzle Badges.)

I would love to see more robust replay interaction for Hex, but that's got to be pretty far down the to-do list at the moment.
    • Question for you Blackwood... do we have to beat all 3 defenses with a deck that's designed to get a Badge. Wolzarg pointed out I may have been incorrect in that assumption during our chats.

If that's not the case, and my replay is still active, despite losing to the spirits, I did complete Cloak & Dagger last night.
    • pjvedder wrote:

Question for you Blackwood... do we have to beat all 3 defenses with a deck that's designed to get a Badge. Wolzarg pointed out I may have been incorrect in that assumption during our chats.

If that's not the case, and my replay is still active, despite losing to the spirits, I did complete Cloak & Dagger last night.
      You do not, just the deck with the challenge. I'll clarify that in the Q&A, and see if I can dig up your replay before I repost since @Knightmare just completed the challenge! A Whisker of Azathoth was found meowling in the present and has been sent forward, probably because it's a creepy kitty; in the meantime a bounty of 1x Boingo mercenary, 4x EA Spectral Acorn, 1x Rare Doombringer Chest, 1x Uncommon Doombringer Chest and 3100 gold has been sent!

Edit: I've found and am watching your replay now. Reginald Lancashire snuck past your defenses very early on, that had to be pretty spooky! Let's see if you managed to end up with Reginald Imprisoned.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blackwood ().

• Alright @Norwind and @pjvedder I went for a double whammy here and not only confirmed the Cloak & Dagger Defense System challenge completion--but I even made a video of it to test uploading for Youtube. So here you go--a recording of this daring undertaking as I dip my toe into Youtube for the first time. Note: there's no commentary or the like, but it's hopefully at a high enough resolution that you can follow along with what's going on for this.

pjvedder Cloak & Dagger Defense System Challenge

Is there a way to embed Youtube videos on the forum otherwise?
    • Blackwood wrote:

Alright @Norwind and @pjvedder I went for a double whammy here and not only confirmed the Cloak & Dagger Defense System challenge completion--but I even made a video of it to test uploading for Youtube. So here you go--a recording of this daring undertaking as I dip my toe into Youtube for the first time. Note: there's no commentary or the like, but it's hopefully at a high enough resolution that you can follow along with what's going on for this.

pjvedder Cloak & Dagger Defense System Challenge

Is there a way to embed Youtube videos on the forum otherwise?
      Much obliged, more content is always good :)
    • Congratulations to @xbete for tackling the Pappy's Prize challenge--and managing to liberate the flying furball with an inventive furball of their own! A bounty was seized of Heart of Embers along with 1x Boingo mercenary, 1x Uncommon Doombringer Chest, 4x EA Spectral Acorn, 3100 gold and 1x Doombringer Booster Pack. Kudos!

I am working on some additional deck workshopping for new puzzle badges at the moment--though the goal is to try to continue to push for creative thematic variety and more unique challenges ahead. Doing so around the AI is always tricky! Still, there will be another deck shuffle coming up soon--so if you haven't had your fill of puzzle badge prizes on [DEFENSIVE] Rogue's Gallery and [DEFENSIVE] Spirit Seance yet, now's the time to siege the day!
    • Congratulations to @Bansheiri for completing the Pappy's Prize challenge, taking home a Justicar of Aryndel along with 1x Nal-Noorfoh the Just mercenary, 1x Uncommon Doombringer Chest, 4x EA Spectral Acorn, 3100 gold and 1x Doombringer Booster Pack. Thanks for playing!

With this, I'm performing another front-deck rotation to debut [DEFENSIVE] Merry Berry Brunch - Join Rupert Rhubarb in this sticky jam and seek the fruits of your labors! For your convenient reference, here are the puzzle badge challenges available for this fruity new deck:

• Blackwood wrote:

Hmm, that's a good question; I'm inclined to say no, simply because I don't want it to just be a repeat of the Portalbello Special badge for Portalmania, but I'm open to suggestions.
      I think its ultimately up to you but that if shroompin are allowed than all berry cards should be allowed as well and now the challenge is so open that you can basically just play a rowdy deck.