A Roadmap Outline/Proposition

    • A Roadmap Outline/Proposition

      1. Make Merry Melee free-to-play / no rewards (This will be a casual catcher)
        • Release supportive add-ons in the store - like pay 1000plat for a Merry Melee battlepass, and earn Merry Melee levels while you play that unlock rewards for when you win and level-up
        • Paid for casual ladder
      2. Fix incentives for Siege (incremental bonuses for beating encounters / more siege sacks / remove gambling ante element, it's dumb)
        • Add cosmetic buffs to Siege (Battleboards perks / Merc Squads with passives / Sleeve perks for defenders.
        • Add full PvE equipment / Mercs / and All cards to attackers
        • Remove the Spectral Acorn ban
      3. Introduce Crafting/Dusting to allow players to progress to whatever they want
        • Remove RNG based reward systems for collection sinks (Kismet Reserve Packs/etc. can go away)
        • Make Crafted items untradeable
      4. "Some" Campaign "Promises" completed
        • Add last 2 classes to the Campaign (don't worry about the campaign "content" advancing)
        • Add last 15 levels, and skill trees to 30 for all 6 classes to the campaign (again, don't worry about the campaign "content" advancing, just give us our RPG character progression)
      5. Make trade smoother for everyone by allowing API overlay data to be toggle-able third party supporting software while utilizing AH.
        • Historical Data overlays.
        • Bid/Ask
      6. Consider ladder branching to a Casual, and Immortal ladder as well, to support additional modes.
      7. Tweak VIP so people care about it / Consider other aggressive store models, like discounted plat or weekly/monthly event tickets at a discount / Battlepasses for faster leveling / Consumables for faster leveling / extension on leveling max (easy stuff that reward players, but also support you) Charge $ instead than plat for a lot of this, as you are giving Plat away now too.
      The above is most important for the framework already established in the game.
      Keep making sets of course, and your budget competitive ladder decks. (honestly a good thing for the game)
      Then hopefully there is time for stuff like Raids/Guilds/Chat/More Campaign Content/New Player PvE experience fixes.
    • New campaign content is the most important issue for me. Be it pocedurally generated or be it volunteer made FRA-like dungeons. The current sandbox is way too small. Sure, crafting would be cool, as well as improvements to the AH, but those get me items i have little use for as of now.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

      Introduce Crafting/Dusting to allow players to progress to whatever they want
      [*]Remove RNG based reward systems for collection sinks (Kismet Reserve Packs/etc. can go away)
      [*]Make Crafted items untradeable
      [/list]
      Agree with you but why untradable ? Make life simple for eveybody and everything: craft and trade everything playable (reserve scarcity for collectible and vanity stuff). And to make trading simple: bid/ask system and direct trading UI.

      Simple. Frictionless. Predictable. Open communication.

      Hex is burried under far too much layers of unnecessary complexity, randomness and mutism.
    • I Like it, especially crafting untradeable cards. This will likely increase the value of all cards that can potentially be disenchanted to craft the wanted items. Should give value to the people that want to preserve value in collection, but at the same time the possibility to craft individually cards and therefore reduce the high difference between the value of draft chaff and chase items.

      What I feel is missing, is more cosmetic stuff in the Store. I was very pleased with the AA coins and AA shards, but I also felt that such stuff should also be available in the store as it is a missed opportunity for additional monetization (which might even be needed with the move towards a more TCG/CCG mixture). IIRC, AA Champions and Shards were selling quite well in another game.
    • This whole thread is a joke, right? One of the biggest Hex criticizers posts a thread for a "Roadmap" and this is the result? All the abusive language towards Hex developers because they never implement everything perfectly the first time and this is what gets labeled as "I could have done this way better. What was Hex thinking?"

      Let's just go over some of the highlights of this masterpiece:
      1. Merry Melee

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Paid for casual ladder
      Do I need to even say anything here? Yes, paid for casual modes. You mean like paying 100p to play 3-7 games of a mode, with prizes for doing well and maybe even a sleeve if you win enough over the course of the event? Fabulous idea here, where'd you get it from?

      2. Fix incentives for Siege

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Remove the Spectral Acorn ban
      Found the Spectral Oak owner. There's only one way anyone could think this was healthy for the format, rewards or not. If you want to advocate for pull PvE decks with equip, fine. But Spectral Acorn? Get out.

      3. Crafting/Dusting

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Make Crafted items untradeable
      Another beautiful idea. Untradable items in a TCG, how brilliant. That's everything the veterans of the game want, to be able to extract 0 value from the chaff that's built up over the years. How out of touch do you have to be with the players to even suggest this?

      4. Campaign promises.

      NicoSharp wrote:

      don't worry about the campaign "content" advancing
      Yes, don't worry about that. Just pour tons of labor hours into this other content for the campaign. Character classes and levels are content, believe it or not, and it takes time to develop. And I can't wait for the "I'm a programmer and those things are trivial to add. I could do it in an afternoon!" This bullet highlights the community's ignorance of how much work it takes to bring a feature to market.

      5. Smoother trade.

      NicoSharp wrote:

      allowing API overlay data to be toggle-able third party supporting software while utilizing AH.
      Yes, that's exactly what the UI needs. All the harsh comments about Hex's UI means Hex should staple on a bunch of slap-dash shit over the AH UI. Brilliant.

      6. Ladders for everyone!

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Consider ladder branching to a Casual, and Immortal ladder as well, to support additional modes.
      Of course, the answer to the PvP side of the game is ladders. More ladders! How out of touch with the players are you? Do you even read the forums? In every thread players scream for the return of gauntlets, and you want more ladders? How loud to the PvP players need to get before you hear them?

      7. Tweak VIP.
      I was going to give praise for getting one out of seven. But, everyone shits on Hex for getting six out of seven, so you get nothing.

      I'm just going to cap it off with this:

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Keep making sets of course, and your budget competitive ladder decks. (honestly a good thing for the game)
      Then hopefully there is time for stuff like Raids/Guilds/Chat/More Campaign Content/New Player PvE experience fixes.
      And this just highlights the inability of the community to understand anything about resource management. In between set releases Hex has shown the ability to get one major patch in. But yes, Hex should just implement all of this, while making sets, AND hopefully have time for the other stuff. Classic.

      The day Hex implements changes to the game that are as poorly thought out as any of the items on this list, I won't even bother to sell my collection. Just log out and move on. Anyone who read and liked the original post should take their own advice to the developers and just uninstall Hex and ban themselves to these forums.

      To any Hex employees reading this:
      Thank you for your hard work. Thank you for actually thinking before implementing features into the game. And most importantly, thank you for not taking the advice of the community, it's clear now that there's no point.
    • Wow, that was harsh Storrow. I had no idea you felt that way about me. Let alone some ideas about the game.
      I did not go into detail about each bullet point and idea, but you have the wrong impression about a lot of what I was trying to suggest, based on what you wrote.

      But I guess I could just say a healthy FUCK YOU to you for that shit feedback and attitude. So, yes, thank you HEX for not implementing anything the community wants, because clearly no one will ever be happy playing HEX when there is such a stark contrast between what is fun, and what is forced, highly based on how much $ we spend, and when we spend it.
    • StorrowN wrote:

      This whole thread is a joke, right? One of the biggest Hex criticizers posts a thread for a "Roadmap" and this is the result? All the abusive language towards Hex developers because they never implement everything perfectly the first time and this is what gets labeled as "I could have done this way better. What was Hex thinking?"

      Let's just go over some of the highlights of this masterpiece:
      1. Merry Melee

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Paid for casual ladder
      Do I need to even say anything here? Yes, paid for casual modes. You mean like paying 100p to play 3-7 games of a mode, with prizes for doing well and maybe even a sleeve if you win enough over the course of the event? Fabulous idea here, where'd you get it from?
      2. Fix incentives for Siege

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Remove the Spectral Acorn ban
      Found the Spectral Oak owner. There's only one way anyone could think this was healthy for the format, rewards or not. If you want to advocate for pull PvE decks with equip, fine. But Spectral Acorn? Get out.
      3. Crafting/Dusting

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Make Crafted items untradeable
      Another beautiful idea. Untradable items in a TCG, how brilliant. That's everything the veterans of the game want, to be able to extract 0 value from the chaff that's built up over the years. How out of touch do you have to be with the players to even suggest this?
      4. Campaign promises.

      NicoSharp wrote:

      don't worry about the campaign "content" advancing
      Yes, don't worry about that. Just pour tons of labor hours into this other content for the campaign. Character classes and levels are content, believe it or not, and it takes time to develop. And I can't wait for the "I'm a programmer and those things are trivial to add. I could do it in an afternoon!" This bullet highlights the community's ignorance of how much work it takes to bring a feature to market.
      5. Smoother trade.

      NicoSharp wrote:

      allowing API overlay data to be toggle-able third party supporting software while utilizing AH.
      Yes, that's exactly what the UI needs. All the harsh comments about Hex's UI means Hex should staple on a bunch of slap-dash shit over the AH UI. Brilliant.
      6. Ladders for everyone!

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Consider ladder branching to a Casual, and Immortal ladder as well, to support additional modes.
      Of course, the answer to the PvP side of the game is ladders. More ladders! How out of touch with the players are you? Do you even read the forums? In every thread players scream for the return of gauntlets, and you want more ladders? How loud to the PvP players need to get before you hear them?
      7. Tweak VIP.
      I was going to give praise for getting one out of seven. But, everyone shits on Hex for getting six out of seven, so you get nothing.

      I'm just going to cap it off with this:

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Keep making sets of course, and your budget competitive ladder decks. (honestly a good thing for the game)
      Then hopefully there is time for stuff like Raids/Guilds/Chat/More Campaign Content/New Player PvE experience fixes.
      And this just highlights the inability of the community to understand anything about resource management. In between set releases Hex has shown the ability to get one major patch in. But yes, Hex should just implement all of this, while making sets, AND hopefully have time for the other stuff. Classic.
      The day Hex implements changes to the game that are as poorly thought out as any of the items on this list, I won't even bother to sell my collection. Just log out and move on. Anyone who read and liked the original post should take their own advice to the developers and just uninstall Hex and ban themselves to these forums.

      To any Hex employees reading this:
      Thank you for your hard work. Thank you for actually thinking before implementing features into the game. And most importantly, thank you for not taking the advice of the community, it's clear now that there's no point.
      1. How many CvC did you do? I am pretty sure I NEVER saw your name, so you didn't participate or just got your crappy sleeve.
      2. If it is used for both attackers and defenders the supply will dwindle quite quickly.
      3. So how much do you trade and buy in HEX on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis? Transitioning to a CCG type mode is the better way to monetize HEX.
      4. How out of touch are you? He said get the classes and get to level 30. Doesn't matter about doing a whole new AZ3.
      5. Makes it fair for all players. I'm pretty sure nearly every MMO has some sort of AH trader stuff. If they aren't going to get us a new one, allowing the players to make it better works too. (Example, when I played TSW the API's were fantastic for the AH)
      6. Actually, that is what a lot of us have said. We want CASUAL LADDERS. Not constructed or limited. I want to be able to use all my casual formats in a different ladder.

      To sum up, all you seem to care about is your collection value based on your final words. Cash out while you can.
    • Well, I've unfortunately had to have a conversation with my financial advisers, and we had to remove Storrow from my HEX will. On the bright side though, I will further expand on his angst-filled teenager post, to help shed light on hidden meanings behind my oh so cryptic asks.

      StorrowN wrote:

      1. Merry Melee
      Do I need to even say anything here? Yes, paid for casual modes. You mean like paying 100p to play 3-7 games of a mode, with prizes for doing well and maybe even a sleeve if you win enough over the course of the event? Fabulous idea here, where'd you get it from?
      So, I'll take some blame here for formatting it in such a way. To expand here, "Paid for Casual Ladder" was basically saying that the "Battlepass" that people could opt to pay for, would give rewards on par with a ladder season reward.
      2. Fix incentives for Siege

      Found the Spectral Oak owner. There's only one way anyone could think this was healthy for the format, rewards or not. If you want to advocate for pull PvE decks with equip, fine. But Spectral Acorn? Get out.
      Yes, I believe once (and this was the first ask), gambling is removed from Siege, because it's stupid and the majority of the playerbase dislikes it, we can include fun things, like all access to pve cards, we can reward marginal progress, like beating 1 of the 3 siege defender decks. Acorns are FUN. They were designed to be played. Once you take away the butthurt feelings associated to gambling, we can have FUN again. I wouldn't expect you to understand or care, because I know you stole plenty of gold/etc. from Siege defenses.
      3. Crafting/Dusting

      Another beautiful idea. Untradable items in a TCG, how brilliant. That's everything the veterans of the game want, to be able to extract 0 value from the chaff that's built up over the years. How out of touch do you have to be with the players to even suggest this.
      I'm open to anything here really. This is not a fkn Koran. If everyone feels 100% tradeable craftable cards is cool, I'm cool with it too. I just want to progress to cards I want. I don't want to feel bear trapped into trade if I choose not to trade. If I want to invest time instead, I want to feel like I am progressing to what I want. Ultimately, I want to have a reason to come online and play HEX, even if I don't want to pay for it, or pay someone else for it. Keep me playing will eventually keep me paying. (This will ultimately be a great sink)
      4. Campaign promises.

      Yes, don't worry about that. Just pour tons of labor hours into this other content for the campaign. Character classes and levels are content, believe it or not, and it takes time to develop. And I can't wait for the "I'm a programmer and those things are trivial to add. I could do it in an afternoon!" This bullet highlights the community's ignorance of how much work it takes to bring a feature to market.
      I never said anything about the effort here. It's a big effort, I was trying to marginalize my opinion of the reward if one aspect was focused on something over another. IMO, I rather have the RPG elements finished for the characters, than more playable content. Knowing quite well what the Level of Effort is of time/effort/engineering behind it. With Sieges - Content could be player-created at some point.
      5. Smoother trade.

      Yes, that's exactly what the UI needs. All the harsh comments about Hex's UI means Hex should staple on a bunch of slap-dash shit over the AH UI. Brilliant.
      The long standing idea here, from my perspective has been arm all players with the tools they need to have a clear picture of the value of a card, on the buying and selling end, so its a lot harder for mistakes or scalping opportunities. Sure, it may be a heavy load. That's not the point.
      6. Ladders for everyone!

      Of course, the answer to the PvP side of the game is ladders. More ladders! How out of touch with the players are you? Do you even read the forums? In every thread players scream for the return of gauntlets, and you want more ladders? How loud to the PvP players need to get before you hear them?
      For a long time people have asked for a way to make Immortal relevant. If HEX gave Immortal the same weight as Standard and Limited, it would get played more. Our old cards should still be valued. They simply are not with very little focus on PvE and Immortal.

      Regarding a Casual ladder, I think it could be a fun way to incentivize 1 casual format each season. Like EDH one season, and Corinth v Corinth another. People enjoy these modes, and allowing them to feel some sense of progression there, outside of increasing the overall buckets could be good for the game and influencing a growing playerbase, overall.
      And this just highlights the inability of the community to understand anything about resource management. In between set releases Hex has shown the ability to get one major patch in. But yes, Hex should just implement all of this, while making sets, AND hopefully have time for the other stuff. Classic.
      The day Hex implements changes to the game that are as poorly thought out as any of the items on this list, I won't even bother to sell my collection. Just log out and move on. Anyone who read and liked the original post should take their own advice to the developers and just uninstall Hex and ban themselves to these forums.

      To any Hex employees reading this:
      Thank you for your hard work. Thank you for actually thinking before implementing features into the game. And most importantly, thank you for not taking the advice of the community, it's clear now that there's no point.
      Your words here are just self-fulfilling. Like for some reason you think your interpretation of someone elses words gives you the right to think you are better than they are and you see a clearer picture of things. Resource Management does not appear to be a HxE, or even CZE skill. So, I'd hate to point this out to you, or them in how we all determine what resource management looks like, and pretend we know how well or unwell they manage their ability to move the puck. The last few months have been great for overall progress in the game of HEX, but I don't think I am the only one to feel like many efforts were squandered due to poor planning and failed implementation. I don't work for HEX, but I am glad you were able to poke as many holes in my 15 minute post, to allow me to spend 20 more to write back to you to expand on it.
    • Dammit. I had this response all lined up, was just putting the last bit of research into it, then you blew it all to hell:

      StorrowN wrote:

      Weird. Two responses to my comment that was about the same level of "constructive criticism" that this community gives to Hex as feedback. And all I got was two negative, emotion-based responses, shocking.



      And since Hex as a company can't respond like that, instead we get radio silence. Sound familiar?

      All I did was take an idea that had thought and effort put into it in an attempt to improve the game, and shit all over it because of a couple bullet points that were poorly thought through in my opinion. What's wrong with that? Oh wait, everything's wrong with it. It accomplishes nothing, as has been showcased here. Why didn't Nicosharp just respond with a bunch of article-like posts outlining their thought process? After all, that's what this community wants Hex to do after every feature is met with nothing but a shit storm on these forums.
      Now I have to ban myself from the forums. But hey, some things were accomplished here:

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Like for some reason you think your interpretation of someone elses words gives you the right to think you are better than they are and you see a clearer picture of things.
      Congratulations, you have summed up what's wrong with these forums lately, and the whole point behind my post. The very vocal, overly dramatic, and disrespectful part of the player base does nothing to make the game better. How about we all just admit that our ideas for the vision of the game aren't any better than anyone else's? Is it really that hard to have a bit of self-awareness in life? There's a huge gap between "Hey, did you think of this?" or "Did you try this before implementing it that way?" and what these forums have become:

      Example 1 - Example 2 - Example 3 - Example 4 - I could go on, but there's really no point.

      Well, it's been a good run. 65 whole entire posts before I couldn't stand to be in this room anymore.
    • Morwath wrote:

      Swigmonkey wrote:

      Lyrgoiph wrote:

      I would still rather not have acorns in Sieges, but i really would apprechiate all the other stuff!
      It would be for both attackers and defenders. It actually would increase the price for acorns because the supply would dwindle in a short time I imagine.
      If I would be forced to buy acorns to post my defences, I wouldn't do that anymore.
      Okay, let's cut to the root of the idea around Acorns back in Siege. The Idea was to not put any arbitrary limits on the cards people have accessible to play with. 0 bans.

      Now, how could it be implemented to make things a little more "fair"?
      No more than 4 copies for any single card across all 3 Siege Defense decks. (nightmare for defenders in some scenarios but doable / good for other reasons based on what people are sharing / CoachFliperon and Havoc's recent Siege Defenses repeating for max efficiency).
      Acorn Warning toggle box before attacking a Siege (if it's really that hated)
      Likely many other great ideas.

      I have 2,500 Acorns in my collection doing nothing good. I'd like to use them, and give them away constantly. Give them away, Not trying to profit off them.

      Again, this was all to promote Siege as a fun mode that breathes life back into the interest to play HEX for its sandbox, and would not be attributed to Gambling. If the mode released with that player-focused mantra in mind, we wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place.
    • First off, @StorrowN I agree with you that people have been way too quick to bash devs on these forums lately calling them incompetent, stupid etc. The reality is those people probably don't have an idea of the extreme conditions those people are working in. It's a very small team, working on a very complex game, trying to actually innovate, and many people are wearing multiple hats that I really don't blame because they had to rush it out (due to playerbase wanting MORE AND MORE AND MORE, right or wrong because of the KS promises) and OF COURSE there's going to be imperfections. Move fast and break things is exactly the development style they should be adopting right now with not nearly possessing the luxury of being able to take their sweet ass time given the circumstances. But to be fair, unless you have some personal history with Nicosharp, your delivery seems kinda harsh and took away from your message.

      NicoSharp wrote:

      1. Make Merry Melee free-to-play / no rewards (This will be a casual catcher)
        • Release supportive add-ons in the store - like pay 1000plat for a Merry Melee battlepass, and earn Merry Melee levels while you play that unlock rewards for when you win and level-up
        • Paid for casual ladder
      2. Fix incentives for Siege (incremental bonuses for beating encounters / more siege sacks / remove gambling ante element, it's dumb)
        • Add cosmetic buffs to Siege (Battleboards perks / Merc Squads with passives / Sleeve perks for defenders.
        • Add full PvE equipment / Mercs / and All cards to attackers
        • Remove the Spectral Acorn ban
      3. Introduce Crafting/Dusting to allow players to progress to whatever they want
        • Remove RNG based reward systems for collection sinks (Kismet Reserve Packs/etc. can go away)
        • Make Crafted items untradeable
      4. "Some" Campaign "Promises" completed
        • Add last 2 classes to the Campaign (don't worry about the campaign "content" advancing)
        • Add last 15 levels, and skill trees to 30 for all 6 classes to the campaign (again, don't worry about the campaign "content" advancing, just give us our RPG character progression)
      5. Make trade smoother for everyone by allowing API overlay data to be toggle-able third party supporting software while utilizing AH.
        • Historical Data overlays.
        • Bid/Ask
      6. Consider ladder branching to a Casual, and Immortal ladder as well, to support additional modes.
      7. Tweak VIP so people care about it / Consider other aggressive store models, like discounted plat or weekly/monthly event tickets at a discount / Battlepasses for faster leveling / Consumables for faster leveling / extension on leveling max (easy stuff that reward players, but also support you) Charge $ instead than plat for a lot of this, as you are giving Plat away now too.
      The above is most important for the framework already established in the game.
      Keep making sets of course, and your budget competitive ladder decks. (honestly a good thing for the game)
      Then hopefully there is time for stuff like Raids/Guilds/Chat/More Campaign Content/New Player PvE experience fixes.
      Back to the OP:

      1 - Merry Melee)

      Sounds good

      2 - Siege)

      a) Yes everyone has been asking for full PvE access for attackers.
      b) Allow PS4 players to buy PvE items on AH and/or put them in chests for PS4 players so we no longer have to build stuff around this "PS4 players don't have equips/PvE cards/mercs". They said PvE was coming to PS4 eventually anyways so this is necessary.
      c) Which ever one is more feasible: either create a ton of mercenaries and have their party passives apply to your 2 other Sieges (is this what you meant by Merc squad cuz it sounds great), or create a new equip slot where you can slot in a new type of item from hundreds of different passives (taken textbox of existing cards initially to save time). You can make the passives as strong as needed to balance out against fully decked out attackers. No Acorns because this creates a 'Acorn/vs No Acorn' situation that is impossible to balance.
      d) Leaderboards are needed and this is what the competitive folks should be battling over. There should be no Siege attack fee or creation limit. They should be asynchronous, no time limit and attackable by as many people that wishes to do so. People on competitive side should just worry about their defense win rate, attack win rate, streak bonus, quantity of matches etc. There's a leaderboard that takes all these different factors and you move up or down it in similar fashion to a ladder. There's one leaderboard for attackers, one for defenders. Great prizes await at the top (maybe just a shitton of Siege sacks to use existing system) + some exclusive, yes exclusive cosmetic you can't buy (sorry). No direct monetization needed as just like standard ladder people will buy stuff to do better. Heck, just call it a and shape it like a ladder if you want since all that tech is in already.
      e) Create a new casual/fun Siege mode (new tab beside Competitive). Here there will also be leaderboard but for siege creators only. After every siege there's a rating (or multiple). Basically voting how fun it is (and perhaps can add another category like thematic/innovative etc) and you get rewards for creating getting good reviews and creating cool content. Hopefully a more advanced Siege creator suite is provided over time. Not sure how to monetize this yet, but starting to think that purchased battlepass/leveling thing as attacker works here too and you can have seasons.

      3 - CCGification)

      Immediate transition to a full blown CCG will piss off too many of the % of the playerbase, and leave a tainted mark they cant recover from. A hybrid model is key similar to PTCGO where subsidized/free handouts are account-bound. Give out a ton of account bound stuff to new players when they start an account. Also feed them a lot of account bound packs at start as well. Give them a free 3 month VIP pass where you get a free pack every week with account bound contents. Make the initial account leveling rewards super heavy as well with account bound stuff. If they want to stick to this F2P route they can with account-bound T2 store deck they can acquire at a discount to normal . Introduce some dusting system where you can take any 4 rare or 1 legendary account-bound card you have from the same set which you have more than 4 of, and you can fuse it to create an account bound pack of that same set (btw the account bound packs could be adaptive/smart so you never get account bound cards you already have 4 of). This is already a huge start to provide a CCG model without breaking anything too hard on TCG side. Adjustements can be made as we observe what happens.

      4 - Campaign)

      Not going to pretend to know how much development team points needs to get this done but really doesn't seem trivial. Would rather they just introduce some kind of end-game inifinite dungeon/roguelite as some kind of end-game and allow people to play with the PvE character there for long periods.

      5 - AH)

      Sure, there must be something they can hack together to make things easier without a costly complete overhaul which seems to resource intensive ATM. At the very least, remove listing durations and floors for commons/uncommons/equip (if they want to keep inflating junk rares and stuff).

      6 - More Ladders)

      Not a strong opinion, but initial gut says no to casual ladder. Not only are ladders too bucket intensive (need a lot of active players to function well) but competing in casual modes and 'ranks' seems to go against the spirit of 'casual'. I like applying what you did for Merry Melee here with battlepass as well. No comment about Immortal.

      7 - VIP) No strong feelings about this except I think the idea of giving trickled out account bound packs for cheap is a great way to lock-in players and having them coming back. Like 3 month package for $5 or something (so you get 12 account bound packs at .40c a pack).

      I'll add an 8th point because I think it's important:

      8 - Limited)

      Create a fun weekly/bi-weekly/or monthly truly asynchronous phantom limited mode that rotates and incorporates fun ideas similar in fashion to Merry Melee. So stuff like Primal, Wild West, Set 1 flashback, Cube, legendary troops only etc.. There's a lot of advantages to something like this and directly monetizable.

      Those are some quick thoughts, not perfectly thought out so happy to retract if someone points out loopholes. Overall I really like this battlepass concept Nico proposes as it monetizes stuff in a more friendly fashion.
    • Great stream of ideas bootlace, as always.

      1) I knew I was missing something with the Siege ask... The PS4 debacle.... It's important to continually stay mindful of that, because it likely has a lot to do with 'why not?' right now.
      For Mercenaries - I was thinking our defense squads could use mercenaries instead than champions, and the decks get the mercenary passives too. Ultimately, if Sieges are going to open up attackers to full pve cards/equip/banned cards, the AI is going to have significant challenges coming it's way as a defender. I'd say this should be an option for defenders, but not a necessity. They could use pvp champions as well. Most Mercenaries will already impose deckbuilding limits that would hinder aggressive acorn use. (Unlocking passives for any champion - or that you can set, could be cool too - like as rewards, or purchases)

      3) I see where you are coming from, and I'm fine with discarding the idea if something is done to make trading easier and more accessible. It's just not, and its hard, as someone that really dislikes to have to resort to trade myself, to find ways to progress to what I want, without playing a game within the game I really dislike playing.

      6) Sure - Merry Melee could be the rotation based casual ladder. Also, I'd anticipate you would say more about Immortal since you do currently support it. Do you feel it is successful as is? (and no comment is fine too :P )

      Again, I don't usually feel the need to preface a post with ideas subject to change, and these are just streams of thought from me, but really, whenever I post about something, I am not demanding it happens, because how well has that worked for me or anyone else on the forums. I just want to facilitate discussion, and hope someone that works for the company that makes the game we all want to become big, reads it, and takes some of it into their thoughts when they continue to think up ideas and implement the next thing that will undoubtfully be met with equal forms of hostility and praise.
    • i think you guys missed the most important point:

      0) Teaching new players how to play the game:
      i see tons of players playing odd numbers of cards in draft and constructed. i bet they also dont know how many shards to put in and how to draft BREAD or build a proper gauntlet deck... how could they know if they are new?
      this is just bad...

      first thing to adress: new player experience - well, but they now this for 5 years ;(