Set 6 Limited - Idea Sharing for those new to the format

• Set 6 Limited - Idea Sharing for those new to the format

I'm done farming my llamas - to help everyone else:

2 Color Limited Combos to look for:
      B/D = Socket tech (see below) -
      B/R = Scrounge matters - removal and dreadling control -
      B/S = Dreadling Underworld tech - Look for Jorgens Workshop, Tech-tician, underworld oppression, underworld troops, anything with dreadlings. Therroz champion.
      B/W = Dreadlings or Conscript -

D/R = Ardent Diligence/Mobilize big hitters -
      D/S = Diligence/Mobilize/Flight Shenanigans - Look for Phoenix Guard Lancer, Mystic Naturalist, cloud bounder, cerulean sage, and white removal.
      D/W = Conscript or Ardent - Look for Blessed Stance, Blessed Scout

R/S = Charges Matter, Aggro Tempo - very strong! - Look for Sweep Away, Arena Regular, Rift Spasms
      R/W = Ardent Aggro Mobilize/Crush, or Conscript - Look for Surging Wildfire, Arena Regular, Blitz

S/W = Conscript, or Dreadling all-in - Look for Arcane Soil

Draft Sockets: (Often ignored cards, become quite powerful)
      Notable reserve tech: 1x tomb swap, 2x withering gaze, 2x 0/5 defense bots, 2x Cheap Shots
      If you see an early Weeping Banshee or Spiritbound Vicar, consider building this brew. I lost to D/S flight in the final round, but this worked surprisingly well.
      Used all 16 potential minor gem combinations, and 1 ardent major for trial of totems

Evolution Gauntlet conscript dream:
      The value added with Tomb Swap and Eager Lackey is commendable. If you ever see a pool like this, don't blink twice. Grab it by the horns and win win win. 5-0 was easy.

Lucky Locket 2x copies Evo tech - Locket is amazing if you open it, and have a fair amount of 2x.

Is this helpful? Any additions?

The post was edited 2 times, last by NicoSharp ().

• Great Idea Nicosharp. I appreciate the post.

I had some successful evos this weekend and figured I could add some "look for"s for some other archetypes that worked for me.

D/S = Diligence/mobilize/flight. In all set 6 this was extremely powerful (got 5 wins on 3 out of 4 with this archetype). Look for Phoenix Guard Lancer, Mystic Naturalist, cloud bounder, cerulean sage, and white removal.

B/S = Underworld allegiance dreadlings. Look for Jorgens Workshop, Tech-tician, underworld oppression, underworld troops, anything with dreadlings. Therroz champion.

Personally (that probably does not mean very much) I think diamond is very strong due to all its removal/combat tricks at common and uncommon but it needs to be paired with a color that has some win conditions (wild heavy hitters, sapphire evasion, ruby aggro).
    • I am no pro, I EVO a fair amount and only went 5-x twice, but made it 4-3 often. Diamond Sapphire was great (mind you this was 6-6 instead of 6-5) but Vigilant Duskwing was often an MVP, as was the Sacred banner (champ) with tricks like Flashpaw trickster Webborn apostate to get your banner in play faster and webscribe to help slow things down a little.
      Message me here! (Or in game)
    • I've had pretty bad luck so far... but I think ruby/sapphire aggro is extremely strong with a combination of Conceal and the Ruby Tale card in set 6. I think with some of the set 5 aggro cards we'll start seeing, this could become crazy in the right hands. Sapphire has all the control tools you need to stop them from interfering with your aggro(Conceal, Sweep Away, Verdict, Shackling Strands, Dingle), while Ruby has the damage to push through while you keep them from actually getting anything meaningful going.

I think set 6's strongest shard is sapphire, honestly. It just has so many incredibly control tools for evo.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Damn I wish I could get pools like that Yasi, that looks NASTY haha

(even after all my evos, I still only have two mystic naturalists total - why do the birdies hate me? :()
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

R/S = Charges Matter, Aggro Tempo - very strong! - Look for Sweep Away, Arena Regular, Rift Spasms

This one seemed quite powerful on EVO 6-6 (so I guess it should be draftable on 6-6-5).

Plus, several of the troops giving charges are Underworld, so they blend greatly with the new Underworld champs (Therrox gets extra charges when playing U, and Ivan spawns dreadlings based on how many U troops you control).