What deck you using for FRA

• Transience wrote:

The only one I've really struggled against is Botanist, since replica's are apparently artifacts.

I've not had any success with Parades at all. They seemed to be mediocre without the combo and winmore with the combo. Runebind seems like a decent replacement for Transmo, I'll try that.

I'm not sure how you win consistently on turn 4 or 5. Can you elaborate on that?
      +2/+2 to all troops is huge when you are talking about 7 2/2 flyers as well as Outrider which is actually a +4 to attack and in conjunction with Runebind and Thk'tatcha removing a blocker means that games end that much quicker (I assume, I have never run the deck without Parade). I don't get turn 4 kills that often but it does happen and turn 5 is reasonably commonplace. I might replace Parade with Pod Of Shoggoth as I have a play-set and equip but never found a solid deck to run it in and it would add more control to an already very control-y deck but losing the life gain from SOR would smart a bit....so many options :)
    • But you'd have to consistently draw all the combo cards for that.

Turn 2: Runner + Gambit
      Turn 3: Soothing Breeze
      Turn 4: Parade + Attack

That's 4 cards you need to have in your first 11 or 12 cards (counting the +1 from Gambit) to enable a turn 4 win. If you do manage that you really don't need to Parade because a turn 4 win with parade will probably be a turn 5 win without it 99% of the time.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Transience wrote:

But you'd have to consistently draw all the combo cards for that.

Turn 2: Runner + Gambit
      Turn 3: Soothing Breeze
      Turn 4: Parade + Attack

That's 4 cards you need to have in your first 11 or 12 cards (counting the +1 from Gambit) to enable a turn 4 win. If you do manage that you really don't need to Parade because a turn 4 win with parade will probably be a turn 5 win without it 99% of the time.
      Have to agree parade seems very winmore and really bad in the wrong situation.
    • I usually just run whatever I feel like in the FRA at the moment. Think of a fun combo, try it out in an Arena run... My latest perfect was a Kagulichu deck featuing the infinite combo of equipped Giant Centipede, Rotpaw Gang and Mad Progenitist. Discard Gang to Centipede, sac a troop to bring it to hand, Mad Pro makes up to 4 Dreadlings, repeat.
    • Showsni wrote:

I usually just run whatever I feel like in the FRA at the moment. Think of a fun combo, try it out in an Arena run... My latest perfect was a Kagulichu deck featuing the infinite combo of equipped Giant Centipede, Rotpaw Gang and Mad Progenitist. Discard Gang to Centipede, sac a troop to bring it to hand, Mad Pro makes up to 4 Dreadlings, repeat.
      Clever i like it.
    • HAVOC wrote:

Parade allows you to potentially win early even without the gambit combo :)
      This is exactly my point, there is so much synergy with Parade and the other troops in the deck..the cute combo is just the icing on the cake. In some games every turn counts and Parade can end the game before a board wipe occurs which can be game over as this deck (the way I play it anyway) relies on spewing out as many troops as possible quickly removing any problematic cards and/or blockers...perhaps I should be playing it as a more control type deck? I have 2/2 perfect runs under my belt since my last post and are more than happy how the deck performs :)
    • I recently realized that Moment of Glory in its modified form is far less shitty if you use it on blocked troops that have crush. Therefore, I've been having a lot of fun with a heavily modified D/W momentum (all crush troops) deck. Getting +6/+6 (or more!) and lifedrain for free on a momentum-buffed crush troop can end the game pretty quickly. I've had lots of turn 3 and turn 4 wins. As with all momentum decks, it's idiotically overpowered since you can ramp, aggro, and defend all at the same time. ;)
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

I find turn two fangstorm or ozawa with speed to be pretty good. Of course you need forgotten tri. IMO fangstorm is one of the most underrated pve cards.
      Sounds intriguing, care to share a deck list? :)
      Your typical good stuff reanimator. Ovo as champion use hereafter and gift as your reanimator spells. Forgotten Triolith, Succumb, jackhat, guidance. Your fattys are fangstorm, ozawa and Aegilus.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Pandaemonium ().

• New

Here's my most recent creation. This one is actually decent enough to share. It uses a lot of the same cards as Havoc's Infinoytle deck seen above (and is probably worse), but it plays out differently and is generally just a blast.

Most of the cards in the deck function as removal, card draw, and/or general card advantage:
      • Removal - Morphology, Noble Outrider, Pod of Shoggoth, Engulfing Cataclyst
      • Card draw - Morphology, Scallath, Spectral Acorn (though I don't really count this one)
      • Card advantage - Llama Herder, Daughter of the Poet, most of the cards listed above
      Neat interactions:
      • Llama Herder - can exhaust Pod of Shoggoth the turn you play it to quickly get a batch of new troops. Also, in half of my games, I seem to play two Herders in the same turn, allowing them to exhaust each other for speedy llamas.
      • Pod of Shoggoth - with the chest equipment, it can sacrifice any of your troops (even itself) at any time. This is useful for dodging void effects and actions like Herofall. Also, once you have five diamond thresholds, you can sacrifice a pod to itself to bring back at end of turn with Daughter of the Poet.
      Possible modifications:
      • Cloud Runner - is a solid but unspectacular troop. Could be subbed out for something else, but it is as good as you can get for one resource and uses the foot slot for equipment to decent effect.
      • Daughter of the Poet and Engulfing Cataclyst - both are solid and have their moments but could easily be cut based on your preferences or budget.
      • Pod of Shoggoth - these are the most expensive part of the deck, but they do so much work that I don't feel you can easily remove them. If you do, I'd recommend building one of the other decks posted around here.

Well, there ya go, guys and shin'hares. Hope you like it, and I'll try to come up with some Arena decks that are a bit cheaper next time.
      Images
      • Void-deck.JPG

92.08 kB, 827×393, viewed 21 times
      • Void-equipment.jpg

278.77 kB, 1,856×518, viewed 11 times
    • New

Man it bums me out how expensive cards like Pod of Shoggoth, Triolith, Optimatron, Succumb to Madness, etc. all are. :(

I still don't have any of any of those cards, and it kills me not to be able to mess around with them.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • New

Ossuary wrote:

Man it bums me out how expensive cards like Pod of Shoggoth, Triolith, Optimatron, Succumb to Madness, etc. all are. :(

I still don't have any of any of those cards, and it kills me not to be able to mess around with them.
      Both PvP and PvE cards suffer from this. I can't seem to find people to sell for reasonable prices. Whales / merchants still trying to milk everyone as if this game was played by more than a few hundreds.