What deck you using for FRA

• What deck you using for FRA

I was pretty sad when I tried to take my terror mill deck into FRA after the nerfs. Today I threw a plant deck together. Went all the way through 2x in 2 tries today. Totally unexpected. Maybe I just got lucky. My deck has no removal, no heal, no instants (combat tricks). I just try to out tempo the opponent. Seems ok. Odd that such a dumb deck works better than my old terrormill deck.

Curious what you folks are running?
    • I modified my terrormill deck to abuse Silent Auctioneer instead. Just going by my bad memory, the deck looked something like:

Dream Eagle
      Dream Spider
      Silent Auctioneer
      Chaotic mill-thing
      Chronic Madness
      Howling Madness
      Spectral Acorn
      Arcane Focus
      Call the Grave
      Phenteo's Gift
      some lands (Root of Cunning, Well of Cunning, both ices, some basics)

The idea being that you stick an auctioneer or two, discard dream eagles to find more dream eagles or spiders, then Call the Grave them back to hand (equip grabs all troops with same name!) and do it again. With Ices and Howling Madness, it's pretty consistent. It still has some hard matchups against mill-resistant decks, but with even nerfed Phenteo's Gift, you can sometimes stomp through those too. Just make sure your mana base is good. I run a mix of ices in both colors, Cunning Root, and Well of Cunning and it works ok.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • I built a fateweave deck that can actually clear it most of the time. I'm pretty sure it can't perfect, and it's REALLY slow, but sometimes it's fun to do something that isn't the FotM OP crap. lol
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • I built a new Succumb to Madness deck that dumps Robogoyles (lubed up with Robo-oil) into the crypt, tosses them back into the deck with Replicator's Gambit, and fetches them all back with another Succumb.

Definitely not the fastest (probably is medium in speed), but it's consistent and fun.
    • Griffinheart wrote:

I built a new Succumb to Madness deck that dumps Robogoyles (lubed up with Robo-oil) into the crypt, tosses them back into the deck with Replicator's Gambit, and fetches them all back with another Succumb.

Definitely not the fastest (probably is medium in speed), but it's consistent and fun.
      Nice one! Robogoyle Madness! Sounds fun. Definetely gonna give it a try! Currently I am tweaking something with Succumb, Mordrom's Gift with damage=equal to attack on deploy ruby gem and Heart of Carnage.
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • AxelDWater wrote:

Griffinheart wrote:

I built a new Succumb to Madness deck that dumps Robogoyles (lubed up with Robo-oil) into the crypt, tosses them back into the deck with Replicator's Gambit, and fetches them all back with another Succumb.

Nice one! Robogoyle Madness! Sounds fun. Definetely gonna give it a try! Currently I am tweaking something with Succumb, Mordrom's Gift with damage=equal to attack on deploy ruby gem and Heart of Carnage.
      I forgot one of the best parts of the deck: Voracious and Relentless Zombies! Relentless Zombies don't mind being in the crypt, and a common turn three play is to discard one of them to Blue Sparrow and play another (or a Voracious Zombie) to get the discarded one back.

For yours, you might be able to fit in the double damage inspire guy if there's space in the deck.
      Images
      • Robozombies.jpg

438.66 kB, 1,584×920, viewed 152 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Griffinheart ().

• I made a new one the other day and streamed it. You can view the twitch upload here: )

I also recommend watching the last fight from that arena run as it was quite the game. (can view it by clicking here)

Here is a picture:

For some reason when saving my deck one of the Cloud Runners literally did a Runner... so there should be 4 in the above shot :P

The main combo is to replicator's gambit the cloud runner and then use soothing breeze. The equipment for breeze let's you grab any 1 cost coyotle from your deck and put it into play. By doing this with cloud runner it turns soothing breeze into a massive combat trick that grants you 7 health and puts seven 2/2 fliers with swiftstrike into play.

I'm using the gloves with Morphology for a draw engine and Annihilix (chest piece), Noble Outrider (weapon) and Assimilate (head) as removal. Iljun's Parade is used to buff all troops by putting in the +1+1 to all other troops gem.

Whee!

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon

The post was edited 2 times, last by HAVOC ().

• HAVOC wrote:

I made a new one the other day and streamed it. You can view the twitch upload here: )

I also recommend watching the last fight from that arena run as it was quite the game. (can view it by clicking here)

Here is a picture:

For some reason when saving my deck one of the Cloud Runners literally did a Runner... so there should be 4 in the above shot :P

The main combo is to replicator's gambit the cloud runner and then use soothing breeze. The equipment for breeze let's you grab any 1 cost coyotle from your deck and put it into play. By doing this with cloud runner it turns soothing breeze into a massive combat trick that grants you 7 health and puts seven 2/2 fliers with swiftstrike into play.

I'm using the gloves with Morphology for a draw engine and Annihilix (chest piece), Noble Outrider (weapon) and Assimilate (head) as removal. Iljun's Parade is used to buff all troops by putting in the +1+1 to all other troops gem.

Whee!
      I swapped out the Seers for Transmogrifade and the Assimilates for Spirit Of Retribution and got a perfect first run. Cloud Runner + Gambit + Soothing works very well and Annihilix + Outrider really shine in this deck....thanks for posting it, you have given me a reason to play the game again :)
    • I tried to have some success in FRA. It's just out of reach for me. All decks proposed here costs too much (several thousands of platinum for most of them, and many rare or legendary cards are not even available in AH), and my simpler decks have not a chance.
      The first chapter is easy to me, except the boss that can be, a very few times, dangerous when it has a good start and I haven't
      The second chapter is challenging but usually ok, most of the time, I lose one of the encounter on a bad draw.
      The third chapter is already too hard. Some encounters can kill me at turn 4. If I lost the coin flip, it means I can play 1 or 2 cards, most of the time, it's just not fun. Some others are just too strong, while drawing 3 cards when I draw one, or the ability to void my cards as soon as I play them.
      The fourth chapter : what, there is a fourth chapter ? The one that means you'll lose, don't even try. I must admit that I was able to reach the final boss several times after the update. The FRA was bugged and many opponents were unable to use correctly their abilities. But now, it's just impossible with my PvE cards from the campaign and my very limited collection of PvP cards.
    • Kelvyn wrote:

I tried to have some success in FRA. It's just out of reach for me. All decks proposed here costs too much (several thousands of platinum for most of them, and many rare or legendary cards are not even available in AH), and my simpler deck have not a chance.
      The first chapter is easy to me, except the boss that can be, a very few times, dangerous when it has a good start and I haven't
      The second chapter is challenging but usually ok, most of the time, I lose one of the encounter on a bad draw.
      The third chapter is already too hard. Some encounters can kill me at turn 4. If I lost the coin flip, it means I can play 1 or 2 cards, most of the time, it's just not fun. Some others are just too strong, while drawing 3 cards when I draw one, or the ability to void my cards as soon as I play them.
      The fourth chapter : what, there is a fourth chapter ? The one that means you'll lose, don't even try. I must admit that I was able to reach the final boss several times after the update. The FRA was bugged and many opponents were unable to use correctly their abilities. But now, it's just impossible with my PvE cards from the campaign and my very limited collection of PvP cards.
      Welcome to FRA 2.0, an exercise in frustration for even the best of decks at times and what have the devs done to fix it? Yep, you guessed it...made it harder by adding even more retardedness than existed previously. I understand your frustration and it's a shame you weren't playing during FRA 1.0's rein as it was a lot more user friendly and allowed a much wider range of viable decks. Elite Hogarth is arguably harder now than before the recent changes and Elite Kha is just as bad if not worse for many archetypes.

I think with both FRA and Siege the idea is to try and funnel PVE players into PVP or another game entirely as their original idea didn't work.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheBlackCrypt ().