Adjust newly posted Siege Defenses Starting Sacks to 10

    • Well someone still has to beat it at some time ;)

      But I'd really like tying the increment rate to the number of open sieges of each win group.
      That plus showing the values correctly could help starting some more attacks on keeps with a lower sack number. There are many good keeps among them and a bit of starting help could raise their number really faster. Why should they stay untouched for half a day?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by omoreindakitchen ().

    • Transience wrote:

      So basically... If you manage to keep up a defense at all times and it never beats an attacker you'd still have enough sacks for that ridiculously sweet battleboard after 7 months.

      I'll take that. 8o
      Wrong. You HAVE to lose your Siege in order to get the sacks.

      Ya, I know it sounds stupid...
      So stupid that I'm sure it will be fixed at some point. How could the team miss it though?
    • Vroengard wrote:

      Transience wrote:

      So basically... If you manage to keep up a defense at all times and it never beats an attacker you'd still have enough sacks for that ridiculously sweet battleboard after 7 months.

      I'll take that. 8o
      Wrong. You HAVE to lose your Siege in order to get the sacks.
      Ya, I know it sounds stupid...
      So stupid that I'm sure it will be fixed at some point. How could the team miss it though?
      I think it's intentional. I honestly can't tell if it's good or bad.

      Successfull defenses already has it's own rewards (gold/plat). Siege sack increase until you lose is maybe there to prevent constant reposting, so you don't see extremely strong defenses constantly at 0-2 wins.
    • Yes this issue is 100% glaring already day 2 of the event. This design flaw could have immidiately been pointed out if we had a PTR for this........ Day 2 and sorting by wins there are a whopping 2 sieges above 1 win....... Fix this hexent. Nobody wants to attack sieges not worth any siege sacks.
    • I get that HXE wants the siege sack rewards to be a long-haul acquiring process, but nobody's going to be interested enough to make it tenable as it currently stands. It's a lot of time involved to chip away at what the prospective full monty of 'siege sacks needed to open up enough packs for the new stuff / save for the coin / battleboard.' Like, possibly longer-than-Hex-will-still-be-in-operation at the current engagement level.

      If you want to make this a mode that actually gets sustained, ongoing engagement from attackers and defenders alike--well, you should probably not have made it a losing EV gold burning apparatus in the first place, but with it is what it is, the AI's got to be better, the incentives need to be stacked up such that it's remotely reasonable for someone to spend a couple of hours messing with it and actually have fun things to show for it, and you've got to get it to a point where it is tenable to take the shackles off and let attackers play with PVE cards / equipment or immortal decks or whatever too.

      Right now, it's a big mess--and over time most defenses are going to gravitate towards decks that are braindead simple for the AI to play and grueling for attackers to engage with (such as Cyclone Shaper / Heroic Echo hello AI in an infinite troop-spawning loop, that's fun.)
    • Vroengard wrote:

      Transience wrote:

      So basically... If you manage to keep up a defense at all times and it never beats an attacker you'd still have enough sacks for that ridiculously sweet battleboard after 7 months.

      I'll take that. 8o
      Wrong. You HAVE to lose your Siege in order to get the sacks.
      Ya, I know it sounds stupid...
      So stupid that I'm sure it will be fixed at some point. How could the team miss it though?
      isn't that what he wrote? "It (the siege) never beats an attacker".

      Basically 0 sack sieges never get attacked. then after it got one sack it will get beaten and taken out, making you trade 800g for one sack. Not calculated are the time it takes to siege the siege deck, though, so with perfect reaction time more like 9 months.

      Anybody willing to do this should consider creating 60 shard decks...
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • Blackwood wrote:

      Right now, it's a big mess--and over time most defenses are going to gravitate towards decks that are braindead simple for the AI to play and grueling for attackers to engage with (such as Cyclone Shaper / Heroic Echo hello AI in an infinite troop-spawning loop, that's fun.)
      This is my main concern with the mode right now - It's so close to being good! But there is no incentive to use anything other than the most ruthlessly effective decks which ends up being the same 3 decks (I'm looking at you Minotaur Hyper Aggro / Shaper Control) which really destroys any motivation I have to try and play the mode. Sure, I might lucksack into a series win, but its not fun to do.

      There needs to be some reason to make siege decks that have some sort of variation. There could be daily bonus requirements that provide a bonus to starting siege sacks.

      For Example:
      - Create a siege defense where each deck contains 12 different sapphire troops - +10 starting siege sack total.
      - Create a siege defense where each deck contains only humans - +10 starting siege sack total.
      - Create a siege defense where each deck contains no more than 2 of each non-shard card. - +15 starting siege sack total.
      ETC

      This bonus could be optional so that people who can't/won't make the bonus requirement don't have to - but it will give a way for deckbuilders to jumpstart their sack starting total while simultaneously increasing the variety of siege decks available.
    • Totally agree any attack should start at 10 sacks. Right now, nobody wants to go first on a keep with no sacks, given the risks involved. I roll on defenses with Tier 1 decks, and still lose far more often than I win. Make the prize more worth the price of entry. (Better yet, get rid of the price of entry. Pay 2 play in this mode is a giant feelsbadman.)

      Brynhildr wrote:

      Blackwood wrote:

      Right now, it's a big mess--and over time most defenses are going to gravitate towards decks that are braindead simple for the AI to play and grueling for attackers to engage with (such as Cyclone Shaper / Heroic Echo hello AI in an infinite troop-spawning loop, that's fun.)
      This is my main concern with the mode right now - It's so close to being good! But there is no incentive to use anything other than the most ruthlessly effective decks which ends up being the same 3 decks (I'm looking at you Minotaur Hyper Aggro / Shaper Control) which really destroys any motivation I have to try and play the mode. Sure, I might lucksack into a series win, but its not fun to do.
      There needs to be some reason to make siege decks that have some sort of variation. There could be daily bonus requirements that provide a bonus to starting siege sacks.

      For Example:
      - Create a siege defense where each deck contains 12 different sapphire troops - +10 starting siege sack total.
      - Create a siege defense where each deck contains only humans - +10 starting siege sack total.
      - Create a siege defense where each deck contains no more than 2 of each non-shard card. - +15 starting siege sack total.
      ETC

      This bonus could be optional so that people who can't/won't make the bonus requirement don't have to - but it will give a way for deckbuilders to jumpstart their sack starting total while simultaneously increasing the variety of siege decks available.
      I love this. If it's easier to implement, they could start it as simple as "If you defense as one of this week's chosen champions, it starts at +10 sacks per champion." Then pick some really niche or underused champions to stimulate a little creativity.
      Watch Dungeon Masters of Entrath - The HEX Gameshow! Wednesday 8pm EST
      I am ThrawnOmega on Xbox Live, Twitter, Steam, and Twitch.
      Forum Avatar by @tfa_96 on Twitter.
    • Or introduce using mercenaries and build decks using their shard restrictions and have special bonus bounties if you take defend with particular mercenaries or manage to bag them on the attack, putting little banners or something to highlight sieges where the Dingler King can be found hiding with his ill-gotten 10 siege sacks.
    • Blackwood wrote:

      Or introduce using mercenaries and build decks using their shard restrictions and have special bonus bounties if you take defend with particular mercenaries or manage to bag them on the attack, putting little banners or something to highlight sieges where the Dingler King can be found hiding with his ill-gotten 10 siege sacks.
      It would have the second good effect, to have a way to use our mercenaries outside the two slots in the campaign.

      On the other hand, availability of all but the most common mercenaries is limited, so I don't know how could they implement this without a backlash from parts of the community. Maybe selling some out of print (not current set) common/uncommon PVE champions for plat?

      Another way to do it, is to have more than one mercenary available for the bonus at the same time, so players have a higher chance to own at least one of them.
    • Yesterday experience :

      - my siege defense sit completely unbothered for about 7 hours
      - then a player decided to attack it with a tier 3 standard deck, and quickly lost
      - I got a second attack a hour later
      - from that on my siege was constantly attacked... basically as soon as somebody lost, almost instantly a new challenger arrived. But for the last 4+ times it was the same player... he (she ?) was very stubborn.
    • Yeah, shows again that you have to reach that certain threshold before your keep becomes interesting.

      Stubbornly continuing the attack? Guess I'm guilty of that too. :D
      Sometimes I just got screwed and want to try again. And sometimes I want to see a more of the defenders deck. For keeps that started at 1k gold the investment is low anyway.