The new prebuild decks are ridiculous, half of my collection is worthless now

    • And some people on the street with you say that this is all a good thing. After all you got vaccinated and many people said that a vaccination needs to happen. They argue that this is good cause now old friends and strangers alike might approach you again now that you are vaccinated.

      You say that its kind of true but that that doesnt make it right. The doctor should have at least made an appointment with you (better still explain everything and try to make you feel good about the upcoming injection). You will not trust that doctor again and chances are you are not coming back to his practice.
    • cainhu wrote:

      Metronomy wrote:

      B) You didnt ask for a vaccination. The doctor sneaks up on you on the street and injects you with the syringe out of nowhere.
      The doctor also assumes you are happy and thankful, and silently disappears into the night without explaining anything.
      You guys, you are assuming too fast.

      In my opinion, those decks were not suppose to be patched in.

      There is an extra collector deck when we all know that one was just released not long ago.

      And one of the deck creator said that they are prepping articles, so it had no sense to make them out now.

      Stop crying each time Metro, its a pain. let them come out and explain first. Everyone makes mistakes and this patch was one for sure.
    • Metronomy wrote:

      Maybe it was a mistake indeed. I am not sure this really makes it better though..

      I am sorry if you feel like I cry each time. I would argue that they should try to give me less stuff to cry about. Also I 'am' a ranting baby yeti. :D
      lol Just saw that ranting baby yeti part.

      its ok, just let them the chance to come out and explain. They will for sure.
    • Portensio wrote:

      Metronomy wrote:

      Maybe it was a mistake indeed. I am not sure this really makes it better though..

      I am sorry if you feel like I cry each time. I would argue that they should try to give me less stuff to cry about. Also I 'am' a ranting baby yeti. :D
      lol Just saw that ranting baby yeti part.
      its ok, just let them the chance to come out and explain. They will for sure.
      I hope you at leat agree that this is something more severe than having a crashing client for a day or two or a single card bug.

      You cant really fix this easily. I dont think they will take away the cards again from people who buy those decks right now. And it doesnt take much time for prices to decay. If this really was a mistake then they need to remove them NOW. Tomorrow might already be too late.

      But okay...its middle of the day here but very early hours U.S. east cost. I understand. I gues we will find out soon. If they remove the decks within 2 to 3 hours I gues the damage will still be handable. Although...the devil is out of the box. We know the card lists and the prices. Prices will decay anyways. Again...they would have no matter what. But with a proper and layered commuication you could have softened the blow to people who invested into those cards immensly. Thats kind of impossible now (unless they decide to increase the prices somewhat..which tbh..they should).

      One way or another...even under those circumstances it doesnt help to increase trust. Thats not a little mistake. Thats a biggy (at least in terms of consquences).
    • Metronomy wrote:

      Portensio wrote:

      Metronomy wrote:

      Maybe it was a mistake indeed. I am not sure this really makes it better though..

      I am sorry if you feel like I cry each time. I would argue that they should try to give me less stuff to cry about. Also I 'am' a ranting baby yeti. :D
      lol Just saw that ranting baby yeti part.its ok, just let them the chance to come out and explain. They will for sure.
      I hope you at leat agree that this is something more severe than having a crashing client for a day or two or a single card bug.
      You cant really fix this easily. I dont think they will take away the cards again from people who buy those decks right now. And it doesnt take much time for prices to decay. If this really was a mistake then they need to remove them NOW. Tomorrow might already be too late.

      But okay...its middle of the day here but very early hours U.S. east cost. I understand. I gues we will find out soon. If they remove the decks within 2 to 3 hours I gues the damage will still be handable. Although...the devil is out of the box. We know the card lists and the prices. Prices will decay anyways. Again...they would have no matter what. But with a proper and layered commuication you could have softened the blow to people who invested into those cards immensly. Thats kind of impossible now (unless they decide to increase the prices somewhat..which tbh..they should).

      One way or another...even under those circumstances it doesnt help to increase trust. Thats not a little mistake. Thats a biggy (at least in terms of consquences).
      That they announce it before or just do it changes nothign to the card prices or effect on the market.

      Even if they bring those decks out of the market, they are going to come in at one time or another. and have a market effect.

      There are articles coming out for those. but again, changes nothing to value or anything.
    • And then the doctor said:
      "So why are you upset that I gave you the injection on the open street and out of nowhere? The injection needed to happen anyways. The consequences to your body would have been all the same no matter what."

      edit: I dont agree that it would have been the same impact. Mostly it would have been on a broader time scale (which gives people time to react and get used to it). Also...the community could have given feedback to the prices.

      Have to leave the house now. Just so you know. Will be interesting to read other people reactions (and the HXE statement on that) when I come back.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Metronomy ().

    • This seems like a good thing. These decks are actually playable. (Yay! Playable preconstructed decks, what a novelty!!!) Basically anyone can have a top deck for 25 bucks now. That's great.

      Who cares that it will devalue some cards. My Shamrock playset has been at 800p a card as well as 1500p a card over time. I couldn't care less as long as I get to play with them. If more people can play with them, great.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Portensio wrote:

      Metronomy wrote:

      And then the doctor said:
      "So why are you upset that I gave you the injection on the open street and out of nowhere? The injection needed to happen anyways. The consequences to your body would have been all the same no matter what."
      Exactly!
      I see it more like you where scheduled for an injection but got 2 for them .
      The injection is for hex not you, the game needs players and cards are stupidly priced. I am sure both of you are great players and got great rewards for playing competitive hex. If you want to keep doing that things like this need to hapen.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

      Portensio wrote:

      Metronomy wrote:

      And then the doctor said:
      "So why are you upset that I gave you the injection on the open street and out of nowhere? The injection needed to happen anyways. The consequences to your body would have been all the same no matter what."
      Exactly!I see it more like you where scheduled for an injection but got 2 for them .
      The injection is for hex not you, the game needs players and cards are stupidly priced. I am sure both of you are great players and got great rewards for playing competitive hex. If you want to keep doing that things like this need to hapen.
      Just FYI, I actually like the change and find it a good thing. Too bad that they made a mistake on the patch :(
    • These decks are amazing...

      ...And we received no advance warning. I spent $10 each on two Boltwing Phoenix less than a week ago. Would have waited for this deck, had I known. So I'm a bit salty about that. YOU could have had my money Hex, not a 3rd party!

      The day after I get on my Topdeck Radio soapbox about how Hex needs to completely revisit how they handle communication... they patch in precon decks that were never announced and aren't on the patch notes.

      You're only proving my point guys. I love you. These decks are a great idea. But for the love of god, COMMUNICATION. There's a million things with a project like Hex that I think would be hard as heck to do right. But communication is the EASIEST ONE.

      I don't even know who to be upset with. Are these releases Dino's domain? Does someone else handle outgoing announcements? Who is making the decisions on what goes out when? This doesn't look professional. Edit - also has potential to undermine community trust, in things like the AH. Why buy Bride of the Damned now, when for all I know, there's a new deck coming out with her tomorrow? (I exaggerate, but I can see people will operating on a beliefs like that)

      TL;DR
      Love the decks
      Love the concept behind why they're here.
      Hate the way this was "communicated."
      Watch Dungeon Masters of Entrath - The HEX Gameshow! Wednesday 8pm EST
      I am ThrawnOmega on Xbox Live, Twitter, Steam, and Twitch.
      Forum Avatar by @tfa_96 on Twitter.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Thrawn ().

    • Whereas I completely agree on what Thrawn says about communication (which is the only thing about HEX that is really sub-par, an opinion I've been maintaining for a long time now) I do think that it's relevant to point out that the price devaluation of some of these cards that is now coming would also have come if it was announced upfront. You bought two Phoenixes a week before these decks became available, which sucks, but you also could've bought them a week before an announcement of these decks becoming available and that would not have made a big difference.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • No matter what hex does everyone complains. Standard is too expensive, pre con decks are not good enough for new players, they just addressed both of those. More players need to be the number 1 goal. The deck needed to be shuffled, hopefully this is a step in the right direction.