The new prebuild decks are ridiculous, half of my collection is worthless now

• The new prebuild decks are ridiculous, half of my collection is worthless now

3 goldfather + 3 pathfinder or 3 boltwing phoenix + 4 blightbark reserve +4 replipopper 4000 for 2500p? Are devs mad or something?! I appreciate the effort to lower the threshold for new players but this is just ridiculously harsh for old players. Now i wonder anyone ever plays limited again...

Edit: I did forget to consider the fact that I already played with these cards for long and now it's a bit less painful. But there's no announcement at all and someone might just bought goldfather for 2000p yesterday (heck, someone just bought mine for 800p after the patch). I believe the release date of these prebuilt decks should accord to a schedule (like, 2 months from set release?) and full decklist should be announced at least 2 weeks before actual release.

Of course card prices are going to drop the moment announcement is made, but definitely not straight to its value now. Just refer to card prices 2 weeks before rotation.

The post was edited 2 times, last by hugeheadliang ().

• If those decks come with a delay after set release (2 months like those), you'll still get to sell stuff from limited.
      It's like selling cards high at set release to whomever wants to have the cards faster.
      Then the question remains when a new deck like this will ever be released again.
      We already had another bunch of 3 starter decks (though not that insane) in set 5, which were never repeated afterwards.
    • hugeheadliang wrote:

3 goldfather + 3 pathfinder or 3 boltwing phoenix + 4 blightbark reserve +4 replipopper 4000 for 2500p? Are devs mad or something?! I appreciate the effort to lower the threshold for new players but this is just ridiculously harsh for old players. Now i wonder anyone ever plays limited again...
      I agree they are very aggressive for their content . Just the bolt wing one is less then half the cost of individual cards

Would of listed them a bit higher ( 30-35)

But you know, if it helps more people play it’s just a good thing.
    • On the positive side, this will reduce the price discrepancy between Frostheart/Dead of Winter and Doombringer/onwards down (with the vastly superior amount of packs from the new Bash/Clash structure), while greatly improving standard access to most people.

On the negative side, the value of those cards will plummet (so much for collection value) and it really does feel like moving more to a CCG model.

All in all, I still think having more players is way better than having my collection being worth a few hundred $ more...but I think this might be a tad (Understatement in ademic hand-language) too much value.

If this is done to rapidly decrease standard's price tag until standard (once Frostheart/DoW rotate) has the amount of pack circulation we now have with Bash/Clash packs, great. I'd be concerned if this kept going on after that, but we'll have to wait and see.

Also, why wasn't this (and Collector's deck) announced beforehand or, at the very least, included in the patch notes?
      But my words, like silent raindrops fell, and echoed in the wells of silence.
    • Khendral wrote:

On the positive side, this will reduce the price discrepancy between Frostheart/Dead of Winter and Doombringer/onwards down (with the vastly superior amount of packs from the new Bash/Clash structure), while greatly improving standard access to most people.

On the negative side, the value of those cards will plummet (so much for collection value) and it really does feel like moving more to a CCG model.

All in all, I still think having more players is way better than having my collection being worth a few hundred $ more...but I think this might be a tad (Understatement in ademic hand-language) too much value.

Also, why wasn't this (and Collector's deck) announced beforehand or, at the very least, included in the patch notes?
      Because I’m sure it was not suppose to be in especially the collector deck as one just came out

I’ll definitely buy one of them
    • Was that preannounced ?

Jeez....this is aggressive. Not a fan of the prize.
      I gues thats the reaction of people crying over too high card prices. I never understood that to begin with since prices seemed to be on par with past set prices and on the seconday market (buying from other players) prices were on an all-time low (75p for the newest booster packs).

3 goldfather
      3 pathfinder
      2 merry carravan
      3 pippit pal
      4 leprechaun artist
      4 waxshot
      = 2500 plat

Thats the most extreme deck but the others are also ridiculous compared to past AH prices.

I mean...thats an overreaction imo.
      And maybe I missed it but it wasnt even announced, was it?
      In that case its also a breach of trust.
    • Well...this is the result of people complaining about how expensive decks are in Hex.

On a positive note: Ive heard in several channels "This and cosmic coins will make me able to bring my friends back to Hex!"

It will definitely decrease the barrier of entry for new players and people looking to try out Hex.
    • Largashbur wrote:

Well...this is the result of people complaining about how expensive decks are in Hex.

On a positive note: Ive heard in several channels "This and cosmic coins will make me able to bring my friends back to Hex!"
      I am 100% behind having competitive deck available on the store. BUT at a reasonnable price.

25$ is like less than 50% of the cards worth

3 goldfather: 1500 x 3 = 4500
      3 pathfinder: 600 x 3 = 1800
      2 merry carravan: 200 x 2 = 400
      3 pippit pal: 100 x 3 = 300

Thats 7000 plat... now for 2500 plat! Could of easily sell this one for 3500 plat in the store and still be a bargain.

Edit: I just have the feeling that all the right choices are made, but with bad implementation. Lets see where this brings us further down.
    • Portensio wrote:

Largashbur wrote:

Well...this is the result of people complaining about how expensive decks are in Hex.

I am 100% behind having competitive deck available on the store. BUT at a reasonnable price.
      25$ is like less than 50% of the cards worth

3 goldfather: 1500 x 3 = 4500
      3 pathfinder: 600 x 3 = 1800
      2 merry carravan: 200 x 2 = 400
      3 pippit pal: 100 x 3 = 300

Thats 7000 plat... now for 2500 plat! Could of easily sell this one for 3500 plat in the store and still be a bargain.

Edit: I just have the feeling that all the right choices are made, but with bad implementation. Lets see where this brings us further down.
      i think the major problem is, that this wasn't announced beforehand, so those who care about collection value, or wanted to sell/buy cards could not be ready for the change. I think this will make some of the big spenders/collectors angry.

They absolutely should not set deck prices to the unreliable and sometimes unrealistic AH prices, especially if they want to lower the entry cost.

It's about 6 hours from now when I can check the changes and aditions myself. So far, it sounds mostly positive.
    • Here is another way to do this:

2 months prior you announce that you will bring standard pre-constructed decks that will contain meta cards
      1 month prior you announce deck lists
      3 weeks prior you announce prices

You also constantly read feedback and especialy after the price announcement (note: you also have one week where the playerbase speculates on how the price should be for deck x) you can still change prices.

At the end both scenarios result in a massive loss of investments (price decay).
      But the difference is massive. When you pre-announce this you give people time to at least try and sell their cards. You also give them time to get used to the idea. You also give them time to tell their friends that they might want to come back soon since they will be able to buy the deck they wanted much cheaper.

Sure...some peolpe who went because they didnt want to buy into at those prices might come back. But the people who did invest and are playing right now will feel cheated (and rightly so).
      And this would be so much better with prior communication.
      The difference is between a tsunami that came out of nowhere and a tsunami people had days to prepare for.
      Sure...the floods are all the same but the difference in damage (in hex case: hurt feelings, loss of trust) is enormous.

I just dont get it. But then again they just decided to drop the beta-tag over night and other things also came with little to no prior announcement.
      Maybe this was not planned as well to come with this patch (wouldnt surprise me honestly...but in that case QA and the entire HXE team should feel very ashamed).
    • Metronomy wrote:

Sure...some peolpe who went because they didnt want to buy into at those prices might come back. But the people who did invest and are playing right now will feel cheated (and rightly so).
      And this would be so much better with prior communication.
      I wasn't negatively impacted, and I still agree with this. They should have respected they players more, especially when collection value is one of the major buzzwords for HEX.

Metronomy wrote:

Maybe this was not planned as well to come with this patch (wouldnt surprise me honestly...but in that case QA and the entire HXE team should feel very ashamed).
      The QA team should be eternally ashamed anyway, looking at their prior "achievements".
    • I must admit, I didn't expect such a fast attempt to inflate regular's collections :'D

so, now you get for 2500 plat:

Snake's Refuel Rampage:
      3х Boltwing Phoenix
      4x Blightbark Reserve
      4x Replipopper 4000
      1x Fatalfuel Alpha
      3x Promiscuous Succubus
      4x Zomboyz

NeroJinous' Momentum Mastery:
      3x Shamrock, The Goldfather
      3x Frostlock
      4x Righteous Waxshot
      3x Exalted Pathfinder
      2x Merry Caravan
      3x Pippit Pal
      4x Leprechaun Artist

so now you can simply hold on some shitty budget tier 3 deck for the first 2 months of the new set and just wait till big brother hexent release new fotm decks in the store, woohoo
    • Shinshire wrote:

I must admit, I didn't expect such a fast attempt to inflate regular's collections :'D

so, now you get for 2500 plat:

Snake's Refuel Rampage:
      3х Boltwing Phoenix
      4x Blightbark Reserve
      4x Replipopper 4000
      1x Fatalfuel Alpha
      3x Promiscuous Succubus
      4x Zomboyz

NeroJinous' Momentum Mastery:
      3x Shamrock, The Goldfather
      3x Frostlock
      4x Righteous Waxshot
      3x Exalted Pathfinder
      2x Merry Caravan
      3x Pippit Pal
      4x Leprechaun Artist

so now you can simply hold on some shitty budget tier 3 deck for the first 2 months of the new set and just wait till big brother hexent release new fotm decks in the store, woohoo
      I'm having very very very very mixed feelings but I'm starting to go towards the good in this one

Good:
      - Very good precon decks that will get more players on the ladder faster
      - This + Cosmic coins + ajustement to ladder dropping is a very very good way to stimulate the players. More players = more games = more hex is popular = better it is.
      - The cards are from prior to the doombringer set, so they don't affect the current set card value (no impact on drafts)
      - This might just be a 1x of thing like previous decks.no need to panic.
      - Having new players buying this, then wanting to play other decks might just make the other cards gain value
      - Direct plat sink for hex

Bad:
      - Those cashing out, or selling those cards have lost some value at one point. BUT, if there are more players coming in demanding other cards then those, then the rest of your cards could gain value overtime as more people play and want to jump in the game.
    • Who cares about the regular's collections anyways. Not HXE apparently.

This might be an last attempt to bring back players or maybe they need some influx of income right now. Maybe things are more bleak than even I thought.

One way or another. The no-communication is just ridiculous. Its like they didnt even try to not hurt current players who invested.

To draw a picture:
      A doctor needs to vaccine you by giving you an injection with a syringe.

A) You make an appointment and he explains you that you should get the vaccine and makes a new appointment.
      Then he says something like "please lie down...this might hurt a little but its for your own good and its necessary".

B) You didnt ask for a vaccination. The doctor sneaks up on you on the street and injects you with the syringe out of nowhere.

I mean...seriously...is it so hard to talk to us? You are not even trying HXE.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Metronomy ().