Currency Update - Patch Notes 1.1.0.057

• Portensio wrote:

I defend them for one simple reason

I have worked with Big firms for thousands of emplyees where we had all the ressources available, and I worked for companies where we were 6 employees.

Unfortunaly, as much as we did our best, the small team always finished by having less quality control, and mistakes used to happen more often. Its just harder in general.
      Well, if it was an error where is the announcement about it?

After any patch with any developer the first thing to do is to check if everything is all right, and if it seems so, then check user feedback. They surely know the decks are in. I haven't seen even a single forum comment from anybody at HexEnt abut the patch.

So you assuming it was just a bad patch is wishful thinking at this point.

I'm working at a small development team, and after any bad patch (which of course happen with anyone, we agree on this) we recognize we ASAP communicate with the customer, and we already say how we are planning to solve the issue, and what is the expected ETA.

Since at this point we see no error announcement from HexEnt, I assume everything working as intended.

Portensio wrote:

I don't care if there was an article or not, I defend them because I know that what they do was done with the right intention and that they are really a good team and trying their best to please us and get this game going.
      I agree about the intention. I could argue about everything else.
    • ReluxTheRelux wrote:

cainhu wrote:

HXE offices open in 2 and half hours.
      Oh, and who did the update then? The cleaner or the security guard?

For a patch like this somebody responsible should be at the ready.

We also regularly make updates in out of office hours. That doesn't mean that we leave the customers without support for hours. That would be terrible.
    • cainhu wrote:

ReluxTheRelux wrote:

cainhu wrote:

HXE offices open in 2 and half hours.
      Oh, and who did the update then? The cleaner or the security guard?
      For a patch like this somebody responsible should be at the ready.
      Well... it should... but...

(The updates are probably done automatically using the downtime where there is no one at the offices, as I doubt anyone stays ther until 4AM, and the never answered right after a patch)
      HEX forums resident liker.
    • cainhu wrote:

Portensio wrote:

I defend them for one simple reason

I have worked with Big firms for thousands of emplyees where we had all the ressources available, and I worked for companies where we were 6 employees.

Unfortunaly, as much as we did our best, the small team always finished by having less quality control, and mistakes used to happen more often. Its just harder in general.
      After any patch with any developer the first thing to do is to check if everything is all right, and if it seems so, then check user feedback. They surely know the decks are in. I haven't seen even a single forum comment from anybody at HexEnt abut the patch.

So you assuming it was just a bad patch is wishful thinking at this point.

I'm working at a small development team, and after any bad patch (which of course happen with anyone, we agree on this) we recognize we ASAP communicate with the customer, and we already say how we are planning to solve the issue, and what is the expected ETA.

Since at this point we see no error announcement from HexEnt, I assume everything working as intended.

Portensio wrote:

I don't care if there was an article or not, I defend them because I know that what they do was done with the right intention and that they are really a good team and trying their best to please us and get this game going.
      I agree about the intention. I could argue about everything else.
      THey put up an article at 7h30 am their time... normally they go at 1 pm.. if thats not a mistake I wonder what is !
    • ReluxTheRelux wrote:

(The updates are probably done automatically using the downtime where there is no one at the offices, as I doubt anyone stays ther until 4AM, and the never answered right after a patch)
      I assume that you are right. But if that's true, it's entirely unprofessional.

@Portensio - uhm... I'm very critical with HexEnt, which you surely recognized already... but even I don't bash them for how they timing their articles.

Also:
      hextcg.com/signature-decks-return/
    • cainhu wrote:

ReluxTheRelux wrote:

I assume that you are right. But if that's true, it's entirely unprofessional.
      @Portensio - uhm... I'm very critical with HexEnt, which you surely recognized already... but even I don't bash them for how they timing their articles.

Also:
      hextcg.com/signature-decks-return/
      I am not talking about the mistake of their article,

what I meant is that if the signatures deck were not a mistake, we would of have a normal article at 1pm normal time

Since they released the decks by mistake, they had to push their article faster than normal to remove that feeling of no communication
    • Portensio wrote:

I am not talking about the mistake of their article,

what I meant is that if the signatures deck were not a mistake, we would of have a normal article at 1pm normal time

Since they released the decks by mistake, they had to push their article faster than normal to remove that feeling of no communication
      Oh, sorry. Yes, that is entirely possible.
    • I'll just say it right here and now, with the removal of unranked constructed queue, there's no way for PS4 players to play constructed with their friends other than entering the Immortal queue, which is a ton more populated than unranked constructed was, and pray.

So, maybe, HXE should fix this atrocity right about yesterday?
    • Vroengard wrote:

I'll just say it right here and now, with the removal of unranked constructed queue, there's no way for PS4 players to play constructed with their friends other than entering the Immortal queue, which is a ton more populated than unranked constructed was, and pray.

So, maybe, HXE should fix this atrocity right about yesterday?
      I'm pretty sure they want to channel those players to ranked. So except if there is a huge backlash from PS4 players, they won't change it back. (maybe not even then)