PS4 HEX game questions

• PS4 HEX game questions

Heloo, I have some questions about the game in the PS4 version.

1.- About the resources cards with a tree...for example the card Roots of Salvagism....whenever i played it (using the X botton) i only receive a charge, but no shard as the card says, i saw others players that they put those tree cards at the center of the board and they choose....I played several times those cards but I never choose anything, I received always a charge and no shard....please someone explain me how those cards work.-

2.- About the siege mode...I can only play as an attacker, how can I play as a defender?

3.- Remember that at ps4 version we dont have the campaing mode so we dont understang anything about the lore and lot of things...which are the prismatic troops and the non-prismatic troops?

4.- About the ranks...we have 2 ranks, the preconstructed rank where Im at the silver league, trying not to fall again at the bronze league; and there is a "limited rank".....but never this last rank moved, how can I climb at that rank?

Thanks for answering.-

PD Please HEX Entertainment....put the campaing mode at PS4 version please!!
    • [PSN]hernan1975 wrote:

1.- About the resources cards with a tree...for example the card Roots of Salvagism....whenever i played it (using the X botton) i only receive a charge, but no shard as the card says, i saw others players that they put those tree cards at the center of the board and they choose....I played several times those cards but I never choose anything, I received always a charge and no shard....please someone explain me how those cards work.-

2.- About the siege mode...I can only play as an attacker, how can I play as a defender?

3.- Remember that at ps4 version we dont have the campaing mode so we dont understang anything about the lore and lot of things...which are the prismatic troops and the non-prismatic troops?

4.- About the ranks...we have 2 ranks, the preconstructed rank where Im at the silver league, trying not to fall again at the bronze league; and there is a "limited rank".....but never this last rank moved, how can I climb at that rank?

Thanks for answering.-

HI there

I'll try to answer the best i can, please don't hesitate if its not clear enough

1- The trees have 2 options. Either you play them for 1 charge and nothing else, or for 1 ressource you cycle it and get a choice of 2 shards. So you must be choosing just to play it instead of paying its cost to cycle and get 1 of 2 shards

2- PS4 players don't have access to the PVE side of the game and since defender uses PVE cards and equipment, you cannot put one up.

3- Prismatic troop are 2 shards or more, while non prismatic are single colours ones.

4- You have to play limited events. limited events are Draft, sealed and Evo sealed. They don't require any decks but require either more platinum or packs . Whatever you open there is added to your collection.

Hope this helps
    • [PSN]hernan1975 wrote:

You only gain one of the respective charge if you activate the ability of the root by paying 1 resource and discard it, otherwise the root acts as a shardless resource.

[PSN]hernan1975 wrote:

Because PS4 doesn't have PVE(and thusly don't have access to PvE cards or card equipments) you can't play as a defender on PS4 only on PC. Just Like the Campaign and the Frost Ring Arena.

[PSN]hernan1975 wrote:

prismatic has nothing (or not much) to do with lore, prismatic only means the card has more than one type of threshold (like Diamond AND Wild in the same card).

[PSN]hernan1975 wrote:

You need to play the Limited game modes like Draft, Sealead or Evolving Sealed to gain ranks there.
      HEX forums resident liker.
    • Thanks for the answers.

So in the siege mode the defenders players at the list are PC players.....the PVP players we find can be also PC players??

About the trees....perhaps its a bug or something, to play them I must press "X" and are played without the option the card and you are saying...its a mistery for me, dont know.
    • Welcome to the game!

For the tree shards, I'm not sure how it is on the PS4 version, but on the PC version, when you click on a card in your hand to "Activate" if it has multiple choice to use, it'll zoom in and show you the choices.

Perhaps zooming in on the card will show you both options?

Also, the discard effect is a quick event, meaning you can activate it at any time on your turn or opponent's turn. If you already played a shard on your turn, you can use the tree to discard it and get a shard on your opponent's turn. That way it'll never accidentally activate. 99% of the time, you can only play a shard on your turn.
      There was a signature here. It's gone now.
    • [PSN]hernan1975 wrote:

Thanks for the answers.

So in the siege mode the defenders players at the list are PC players.....the PVP players we find can be also PC players??

About the trees....perhaps its a bug or something, to play them I must press "X" and are played without the option the card and you are saying...its a mistery for me, dont know.
      Yes, the PvP players are PC players unless they have acontroller next to their Name. The game is fully crossplay.

About the roots try zooming into the cards it shoudl show the options of activated abilities.
      HEX forums resident liker.
    • [PSN]hernan1975 wrote:

Thanks for answering.-

I know I'm late and you may of already figured this out, but to further clarify what others said about zooming in on the tree resources, you zoom in on the card in your hand by pressing square button. You will then see the ability in a little blue box to the right of the card next to it at the top. Press up or right on the d-pad, don't remember which, and it will highlight that little blue box. Then you just press X to use the ability.
    • [PSN]h0tNstilettos wrote:

[PSN]hernan1975 wrote:

Thanks for answering.-

I know I'm late and you may of already figured this out, but to further clarify what others said about zooming in on the tree resources, you zoom in on the card in your hand by pressing square button. You will then see the ability in a little blue box to the right of the card next to it at the top. Press up or right on the d-pad, don't remember which, and it will highlight that little blue box. Then you just press X to use the ability.
      I see PS4 controls are more wicked than Wicked Wilda.
    • Morwath wrote:

[PSN]h0tNstilettos wrote:

[PSN]hernan1975 wrote:

Thanks for answering.-

I see PS4 controls are more wicked than Wicked Wilda.
      Lol, what makes that post even more humorous is that Wicked Wilda happens to be my favorite champion ever since I created the Deploy Trix deck I brought to standard ladder like a month or longer ago. Now I'm seeing the deck everywhere, including rock versions that popped up the past so and so weeks. But yes, manuevering around PS4 version is wickedly clunky and annoying. XD