Terms of Service PSA

• I want to be clear... I have ZERO tolerance for this, any outside group trying to exploit our players and damage our game will be stopped, any players taking advantage of our generous systems will be BANNED. Cheating in our game not only damages the game it damages the collections of your fellow player, this is intolerable.
    • I know guys that its really tempting to trust a guy named ***, and that him being a regular participant and active member in chat might make him seem like a friendly and trusty guy, but I've heard stories about him being involved in some unsavory business....and I'm not talking about selling gold/plat against ToS rules....I'm talking about cat juggling. He is a known cat juggler.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Okirke: Edit | Casus | Please do not report in game player's name and use the support instead. Edit Okirke: lol, I'm pretty sure random letters on the keyboard consisting of the letters a d f s and g don't count as a name. He don't know talking good like me and you. ().

• Are there any plans to update the ToS to actually say this? Unless I'm missing something, there is no distinction in the ToS between selling items and selling currency. C6(b), for example, forbids "gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the HEX Game."
    • Mach wrote:

Are there any plans to update the ToS to actually say this? Unless I'm missing something, there is no distinction in the ToS between selling items and selling currency. C6(b), for example, forbids "gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the HEX Game."
      As an extension, can we get wording in the TOS that explicitly states that items, resources, and codes that produce digital items are fair game for resale?

I mean, that's the primary way for new customers to acquire older stuff.

Edit: Also boy do I agree with this, actual currency should not be sold by third parties.
    • Happy to see an official statement, I guess many players were not fully aware of this.

There were quite a few sale bots active in chat lately aswell. While I am happy to see that HEX is growing to a point where they start becoming lucrative, is there any realistic way to get rid of them?
    • Insanctus wrote:

Happy to see an official statement, I guess many players were not fully aware of this.

There were quite a few sale bots active in chat lately aswell. While I am happy to see that HEX is growing to a point where they start becoming lucrative, is there any realistic way to get rid of them?
      there are plenty of ways ... but they need development time or $$ to stop frauds
    • schild wrote:

As an extension, can we get wording in the TOS that explicitly states that items, resources, and codes that produce digital items are fair game for resale?

I mean, that's the primary way for new customers to acquire older stuff.

Not exactly in the ToS, but the forum rules and guidelines post which is pinned in every sub-forum has Dinotropia saying:

Dinotropia wrote:

Trading center
      • You are allowed to sell anything on the account for in-game currency or real money - EXCEPT for the account itself and the Gold/Platinum that you have.
      • Trading Gold for Platinum or Platinum for Gold is ok.

That sounds official enough for me.
    • Insanctus wrote:

If Blizzard hasn't managed to in all of their years of trying, I dunno if there's much hope of Hex doing it heh
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

Insanctus wrote:

If Blizzard hasn't managed to in all of their years of trying, I dunno if there's much hope of Hex doing it heh
      Sadly the only really good way to do it is to force mute everyone until they complete task x and that is going to hurt new players who just want some tips and stuff so i don't think its a good solution but just might be a forced one if this spamming keeps up.
    • Well...prices for Europe users is now issue. For example my exchange rates for national currency is as follows: 1EUR = 7,41 HRK and 1USD = 7,00 HRK as you can see now I have to pay similar cost to get way less platinum. Ofcourse that 3rd party resellers are now very tempting.
    • iSimeon wrote:

Well...prices for Europe users is now issue. For example my exchange rates for national currency is as follows: 1EUR = 7,41 HRK and 1USD = 7,00 HRK as you can see now I have to pay similar cost to get way less platinum. Ofcourse that 3rd party resellers are now very tempting.
      Go for it nothing like a ban to get that mad value
    • Wolzarg wrote:

iSimeon wrote:

Well...prices for Europe users is now issue. For example my exchange rates for national currency is as follows: 1EUR = 7,41 HRK and 1USD = 7,00 HRK as you can see now I have to pay similar cost to get way less platinum. Ofcourse that 3rd party resellers are now very tempting.
      Go for it nothing like a ban to get that mad value
      I'm not going to buy from 3rd party sellers. I'm here with Hex for years. But that aside that I like Hex, reality is that I have to pay more than price of one real life work hour to play single draft game. Sadly it become overnight too expansive for me and my friends to sink money.
    • I find the ban on selling platinum for real money pointless.
      Anyone who have platinum and want to sell them for cash can just buy boosters and sell the boosters for cash - fully leagaly.
      Anyone who want to buy cheap platinum for cash - just buy boosters and sell then for platinum - fully leagaly.
      Doing this give platinum price of 175 platinum per $ - this price have been almost constain last 6 months.

It is not just cheaters who sell lots of platinum. People with big collections who want to quit and sell all there cards for a good price end up with tons of platinum. Why? Because 60% of all HEX PvP rares can only be sold for gold and most of rest of PvP rares can only be sold for platinum. So they sell cards for gold and platinum and a bit of cash, trade gold for platinum and use the platinum for boosters that they sell for real money...

Imo HEX should just buy back platinum.

There should be no tolerance on people who buy platinum with stolen credit cards...