Poll: Given the many recent new additions/changes to Hex in the last weeks (Merry Melee modes, Cosmic Coins/Siege Sacks, Ladder changes), is your future outlook on Hex positive?

• AH tax only translates to around 2.5k a month on avg, maybe enough for Dino. Even assuming a skeleton crew and Cory not paying himself, there is no way for the events and direct plat sales to cover 1 or even 2 more persons and the art and whatnot...
    "Winning with terrormill is not fun? Try losing with it"
  • HXE DOES NOT earn money from the following:
    - platinum entry fees
    - selling packs/decks/battleboards
    - AH/Siege tax

HXE DOES earn money from the following:
    - people buying platinum

Granted, we have 0 idea how much platinum people buy. However what we can use is playerbase numbers, activity and type of activity (since each activity requires a different amount of platinum usage). It's also impossible to know whether the activity participants have 0 or 999,999,999 platinum in their account (since having 0 means they need to always buy platinum to use and having 999,999,999 means they never have to buy platinum for any activity).

TL;DR: AH cut only means anything if people for some reason either (1) have 0 platinum in their accounts OR feel the need to replenish their account wallet after every purchase and (2) have 0 income from Gold farmed, Rewards earned and stuff sold in the AH.

TL;DR summary: AH tax does not translate to 2,500 USD/month
  • Cernz wrote:

I have to admit, that hexent did something right, the name of the set suits very well - it brought a lot of DOOM into the game :evil: :saint: :D 8|
    10 years later, people will be looking back and nominating this to be the most appropriate and "realistic" card expansion ever? The expansion is so darn powerful that it affects real life, no other card game expansion has done that as of now.
  • Goliathus wrote:

Some of the notable people in the community are d*ckheads(I am not a fan of some of them, just saying), but I don't think you can slam the every veteran in the society just because of a few notable veteran. I mean, people always say the forum/twitch community is just a tiny portion of the game's player base.
    I dunno if it's slamming every veteran to say that they're 'not any more friendly than any other online community'. It's just being realistic. There are good people and bad people in every community. Hex's community was never any better than any other community in that sense.
    Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
  • Eraia wrote:

Goliathus wrote:

Some of the notable people in the community are d*ckheads(I am not a fan of some of them, just saying), but I don't think you can slam the every veteran in the society just because of a few notable veteran. I mean, people always say the forum/twitch community is just a tiny portion of the game's player base.
    I dunno if it's slamming every veteran to say that they're 'not any more friendly than any other online community'. It's just being realistic. There are good people and bad people in every community. Hex's community was never any better than any other community in that sense.
    Agree with you thoroughly here. I've been in communities that were worse than this (Deus Ex, Total War and Forza Motorsport), but I've also been in communities far better than this one too (Defender's Quest, Age of Wonders and Section 8). HEX isn't malevolent, but there's no point pretending it's fostered particularly great relations - the fact that some objectively abusive people were endorsed by HXE themselves is telling.
    Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.