Poll: Given the many recent new additions/changes to Hex in the last weeks (Merry Melee modes, Cosmic Coins/Siege Sacks, Ladder changes), is your future outlook on Hex positive?

• I'm kind of a Hex break right now.

My primary Hex pleasure is playing tons of evos, and Doombringer as a set was really average from a evo player stand point.

I look at the cosmic coins and merry melee as a good thing. Siege in my opinion was and still is a big waste of time and resources but it's just my point of view.

I still intend to play my share of evos of every pvp set that comes out.

But really until multiplayer/EDH is in the game, or god forbid, another AZ, I won't be as positive as I once was.

Seeing most my favorite streamers abandon the game kinda raised a big red flag for me. I'm kind of in a dormant state regarding Hex, I still want to believe and be surprised and hopefully get back full force into the game, but I'm not actively believing anymore until I get a good reason to ( as stated, multiplayer/AZ).

It pains me a little each time I go to a streamer's channel that used to play Hex, and someone mentions it and it's kind of a sweet and sour meme now.

" member playing Hex ? LUL "
      " AZ3 in 2030, raids in 2050 LUL "

I Laugh at it because it rings true. And at the same time it makes me really sad.

I still hope for a second coming of Hex, a rebirth of some sort. So I stick around the forums and lurk. But I haven't played for a month or two now.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • As someone who wants to be a competitive player, everything Hex has done for a while now seems to be geared towards casual players. While it is possible for this to be better for Hex from a business standpoint, it does looks like it has resulted in a noticeable amount of players leaving the game or at least not playing it as much.
    • LADFanFourLife wrote:

As someone who wants to be a competitive player, everything Hex has done for a while now seems to be geared towards casual players. While it is possible for this to be better for Hex from a business standpoint, it does looks like it has resulted in a noticeable amount of players leaving the game or at least not playing it as much.
      More competitive players tend to stream or promote the game more hence to be more visible to the community than the regular one . Eventually it will give the spotlight to others that will replace them
    • This whole competetive vs. casuals (casual for the lack of a better term) nonsense has to stop.

It is not either/or.

Without the "casuals" there is no competetive scene. Streamers need viewers. Tournaments need people who are interested in watching. Without a certain size of a core player base there cant be a competetive scene. Or better said...none that makes sense. It seems like HXE decided to reduce the competetive aspect (change of hex bash and clash) because it didnt make sense financialy or participation wise. Not having big competetive tournaments doesnt make it better though. Idealy you have competetive tournaments and a strong "casual" tournament scene. Gues what: Constructed gauntlet served both purposes.

Without a competetive scene it is much harder to have a big core player base ("casuals"). Tournaments and big streamers and events are part of the appeal of a game like this. Where would MtG be when wizards never decided to support any competetive tournament series? It is part of the dream. And a tcg always also sells a dream. And while I am at it. It is also part of the fun for people who strive for those goals. Just because you play for money/rewards does not mean that you cant have fun. For people like me that is a huge part of the fun/excitement. When its gone I lack any kind of real goal.

Right now I dont know when or if I will play the game much going forward.
      Cosmic Coins certainly wont change my interest (which was discussed extensively in separate threads).
      Hex getting big and popular on twitch and then even having invitationals again would certainly refuel my interest (for fame and glory (and money)).
      I just dont see it getting there. And I dont want to spread doom and gloom. I agree that it is problematic (feedback loope, self-fulfilling prophecy). But god knows I tried to give constructive suggestions for a long long time. At some point you just got to accept and recognize that it is what it is.

Hope dies last though. And Hex still ist the best digital tcg on the market. That wont change and should always present a chance.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Metronomy ().

• Portensio wrote:

LADFanFourLife wrote:

As someone who wants to be a competitive player, everything Hex has done for a while now seems to be geared towards casual players. While it is possible for this to be better for Hex from a business standpoint, it does looks like it has resulted in a noticeable amount of players leaving the game or at least not playing it as much.
      More competitive players tend to stream or promote the game more hence to be more visible to the community than the regular one . Eventually it will give the spotlight to others that will replace them
      I don't agree with that about competitive players. Content producers are the ones that tend to stream and promote the game to be more visible to the community. And games get free promotion from content producers. Being competitive doesn't necessarily go with streaming or promoting the game.
    • There is a lot of euphoria over slashed prices for constructed players, but in my opinion the long term outlook is as bleak as it was before.
      The constructed game got cheaper but little else, the limited game not even that, AH is used less and less.
      The only good sign is devs activity, but small adjustments and increasing rewards cannot carry the game forever.
    • How can limited even get cheaper than it already is? If you play Evo you are almost guaranteed to make a profit if you bother using the Auction House, and draft have high profit potential for good players. The only limited flrmat slacking behind is Sealed Gauntlet, but the new Clash makes up for that by far giving you 5 boosters for only going 2-2, and have 4-0 net 10.000 plat.
    • Lunavi wrote:

How can limited even get cheaper than it already is? If you play Evo you are almost guaranteed to make a profit if you bother using the Auction House, and draft have high profit potential for good players. The only limited flrmat slacking behind is Sealed Gauntlet, but the new Clash makes up for that by far giving you 5 boosters for only going 2-2, and have 4-0 net 10.000 plat.
      If limited cannot get any cheaper, it is the more worrisome that it is so little played.
    • GryphonGardens wrote:

Lunavi wrote:

How can limited even get cheaper than it already is? If you play Evo you are almost guaranteed to make a profit if you bother using the Auction House, and draft have high profit potential for good players. The only limited flrmat slacking behind is Sealed Gauntlet, but the new Clash makes up for that by far giving you 5 boosters for only going 2-2, and have 4-0 net 10.000 plat.
      If limited cannot get any cheaper, it is the more worrisome that it is so little played.
      It does not need to get cheaper. It needs to reward even at the lowest wins .

I mentioned it already but having a bo1 with 7 games and rewarding wins 1 to 7 with either coins or some small plat and packs would already be good

Imagine someone going 1-6 gets 50 cosmic coins is already half way to getting a pack

The random rare is usually so bad that I don’t bother continue playing to win it and just quit in my bad drafts

Evo is a good example of what a good reward is by giving out a opened pack from the first win and you can play with it. It’s the best limited format for low key players

Having a month long league would also help out for the more casual to spend some $ into limited
    • New

Portensio wrote:

GryphonGardens wrote:

Lunavi wrote:

It does not need to get cheaper. It needs to reward even at the lowest wins .
      I mentioned it already but having a bo1 with 7 games and rewarding wins 1 to 7 with either coins or some small plat and packs would already be good

Imagine someone going 1-6 gets 50 cosmic coins is already half way to getting a pack

The random rare is usually so bad that I don’t bother continue playing to win it and just quit in my bad drafts

Evo is a good example of what a good reward is by giving out a opened pack from the first win and you can play with it. It’s the best limited format for low key players

Having a month long league would also help out for the more casual to spend some $ into limited
      This is important for hex to realize i get that they wanted the random rare to be a something nice for people who don't do so well. But it is a slap in the face to most people even new people once they realize what most of those rares go for if you can even sell them. Now that we have better alternatives its time to use them phase out the random rare and star adding in CC.
    • New

Metronomy wrote:

This whole competetive vs. casuals (casual for the lack of a better term) nonsense has to stop.

It is not either/or.

Without the "casuals" there is no competetive scene. Streamers need viewers. Tournaments need people who are interested in watching. Without a certain size of a core player base there cant be a competetive scene. Or better said...none that makes sense. It seems like HXE decided to reduce the competetive aspect (change of hex bash and clash) because it didnt make sense financialy or participation wise. Not having big competetive tournaments doesnt make it better though. Idealy you have competetive tournaments and a strong "casual" tournament scene. Gues what: Constructed gauntlet served both purposes.

Without a competetive scene it is much harder to have a big core player base ("casuals"). Tournaments and big streamers and events are part of the appeal of a game like this. Where would MtG be when wizards never decided to support any competetive tournament series? It is part of the dream. And a tcg always also sells a dream. And while I am at it. It is also part of the fun for people who strive for those goals. Just because you play for money/rewards does not mean that you cant have fun. For people like me that is a huge part of the fun/excitement. When its gone I lack any kind of real goal.

Right now I dont know when or if I will play the game much going forward.
      Cosmic Coins certainly wont change my interest (which was discussed extensively in separate threads).
      Hex getting big and popular on twitch and then even having invitationals again would certainly refuel my interest (for fame and glory (and money)).
      I just dont see it getting there. And I dont want to spread doom and gloom. I agree that it is problematic (feedback loope, self-fulfilling prophecy). But god knows I tried to give constructive suggestions for a long long time. At some point you just got to accept and recognize that it is what it is.

Hope dies last though. And Hex still ist the best digital tcg on the market. That wont change and should always present a chance.
      Well spoken sir and i agree 100% with this. I consider myself a casual with allot of traveltime. During my travels i always like to watch Hex Streams unfortunately there isnt always one on during my hours and thats something of a shame because i think that Hex is a great streaming game.
    • New

No Hex shot themselves in the heart when they made the game hardcore competitive. They tried to funnel f2p people into top heavy tournaments. News flash, this game failed as a hardcore competitive game back when the $100,000 tournament was launched and they kept repeating themselves with the same mistakes.