Poll: Given the many recent new additions/changes to Hex in the last weeks (Merry Melee modes, Cosmic Coins/Siege Sacks, Ladder changes), is your future outlook on Hex positive?

• Largashbur wrote:

What I see it like: The husband doesnt think the plumbing is important and prefers the plumber to install new lights in the bathroom. The wife thinks that plumbing is more important. So the actions of the plumber, no matter what he does, cannot ever make everyone happy at the same time.
      Actually, the husband isn't happy either, he just shrugs his shoulders at the constant flooding and then berates everyone else for being bothered by it.
    • If the wife always belittles the husband's opinion like that instead of accepting it as an alternate way of seeing things, this will only lead to friction in a relationship.

Just accept that some people do like these changes and not everybody sees everything as negatively as you do.
    • Largashbur wrote:

If the wife always belittles the husband's opinion like that instead of accepting it as an alternate way of seeing things, this will only lead to friction in a relationship.

Just accept that some people do like these changes and not everybody sees everything as negatively as you do.
      Why would I accept that? According to the poll, almost half of what little remains of HEX' playerbase is -not- okay with this. Why should HEX run this kind of risk when they're so close to falling off the map entirely?

And it's not to say that the people who are happy with these changes wouldn't -also- be happy with changes that the rest of the community can also get behind. AND then there's the matter of certain parts of the community being in worse positions and more in need of attention than others.

This poll is only gauging the opinion of the people that are still here. Of all the players HEX lost? The majority is probably not pleased with what HXE is doing right now. Hence why they left.

You can keep shrugging your shoulders and say "Eh, can't make everyone happy" because -you- keep getting what you want. No one else is.
    • Firellius wrote:

Malakhar wrote:

How would you prefer to see Siege designed?
      GoW's PvP works like this...
      Players set up a defense team. Then they get the choice of three opponents, arranged in terms of difficulty. Higher difficulty = greater rewards and faster ladder climbing. Battles are simply 1-shots, player versus the AI-controlled version of the defense team they chose to challenge. Since the player is smarter than the AI and always gets the first move, it's relatively easy to win, unless the defender genuinely has a much stronger team or gets lucky.

This causes attackers to win the majority of fights, making it easy to get the points you need for weekly PvP-rank climbing rewards, which include GoW's version of packs (only one card, though, uncommon rarity and up), glory (Used to buy more single-card packs, specific troops or the stuff needed to upgrade those troops) and gold.

So, HEX's siege would work like this...

Players choose a champion and build a deck for that without any PvE-only cards. This is their defense side.

Then, when they want to attack, they get three randomly selected defense teams to choose from, arranged by win%. Higher difficulty keeps net you more gold for defeating them. Every week, you can accumulate points which, when you pass certain thresholds, will net you additional gold and the packs that siege sacks can buy you.

Attacking does not cost gold, neither does defending. Attackers get to build a no-holds barred deck under a campaign champion, merc or regular champion. This skews the gamemode in favour of the actually playing side.

This would create a gamemode where players are free to make very wild and bizarre decks and still have a high chance to win. There's a reward for playing in this endless-content gamemode and there's additional rewards for submitting content to it. Players get to showcase card combos they thought of in their defense team and thereby get other players curious about those cards.

Additionally, to fatten the reward pool for Siege, cards from discontinued sets can be added to the possible rewards.

Boom, you have a PvE mode with infinite content and excellent rewards for long term play.
      I think this is, by far, the best way to solve Siege at this point. I would like to be able to create fun, themed sets of encounters that tell a story, but the above solution would be a relatively simple way to solve my problems with the mode.
    • hmmm usually i play a video game and when i get to the point that i have done all there is for me to do i give it a rest.
      ya know, go out side.
      hang with friends.

much healthier than calling devs names and saying its because we love your game and we want it to succeed.

i also keep seeing people leave and come back later to check it out asking whats new.

i also see people noticing that they are working on new things and slowly implementing them.

one of cory's last post said it will all be done sooner than later.

if my only interaction with the hex community was just these forums or i stopped by to check out the forums to look at the game before downloading, i wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole and that would not be because of the AH or cosmic coins.

in that poll you see is 83 people so far voting not happy.
      wich is completely different than "almost half of what little remains of hex" unless hex is around 180 players

also if i was one of the many trolls this game has, guess what button i'm clicking.
      you do not need hex installed to vote in the poll.

its fine to ask for something better and different even a hundred times in a row.
      but its hard to read and get behind someone acting like a manbaby.

at least for me.
    • Bansheiri wrote:

I would not believe this many pessimist, depressive and spoiled players can find each other and spam bulls**t all the time in a games forum. HEX is objectively in a state much better than ever before content wise. There are tons of different fun stuff to do. I am playing and planning to play HEX in the future more than ever before considering new contents are added so frequently.
      I believe the word you're looking for is 'subjectively', Bansheiri.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • @Azuchi

I do understand there are flaws. Especially some of them are around for years now and a thousand threads are made about them (like AH). I have parts I like and dislike about the game. I am not saying the game is perfect. I seriously hate AH. I am NOT saying if you do not like the game, leave it as you put out to be.

You are saying devs are not communicating. It is like you are expecting them to come to your home for dinner and explain to you the content of next expansion in person. However, almost all of the latest change is a result of community feedback.

People did not want a ban/watch list to be just like a 1 month notice. Now they are explaining why a card is on watchlist and not using it as a 1 month notice.
      -People asked for new game modes. While I honestly believe they could be implemented better, it is better than nothing.
      -A considerable number of constructed players told us that it is very expensive to keep up with meta and play constructed. A number of new methods to generate PvP cards (and plat) ingame is added/will be added since then.
      -People told that there is no incentive to play after reaching cosmic. Now they are adding that as cosmic coins to fix it.
      -People told that after reaching level 100, there were no incentive to continue. Now they are raising the cap to 200 and changing the rewards to keep them interesting
      -People told that siege mode lost its interestingness after a week because there was no actual value/rewards to be had. Now they will be added as siege sacks.
      -People told about the bug of a card that put shame to a number of tournaments. I know it was not fixed but atleast they tried to explain why they did not do it.

Yet here we are. You are calling "devs are not communicating". I call that a lie.

I for one feeling like they are finally listening to feedback and acting accordingly after all those years. They might not find the best method to solve problems, yes. I heard many better (and a lot sh*ttier) opinions to solving each of the problems above. But I can safely say they are listening.

I do not know why they are not fixing AH/GUI or other stuff and instead they are adding additional content/cards to the game. However I guess it is something.

How can you consider new content added to the game not positive at all?

I am not on the train for making HEX the greatest card game of all time anymore. Hex is not for everyone. I understand UI is slow. The game is not implemented on tablets. My friends could not stand playing it because it is hard, requires thinking and risky (high stakes, not as casual) at times. But still, I am optimistic for its future.

Lots (I mean lots) of games survive and keep going with low playerbase. I am very positive about the future of HEX. I am very happy about all these news.

Azuchi, man, to be honest, I do not understand why players are leaving as you are saying. Whenever I see the front page and see a good news, I come forums only to see people explaining how this upset them and why feature X should be developed instead of this. Any news are considered bad news here on forums because it is not as good as hearing a news about feature X. The air is always negative on forums whatever the news about. That is why I called people pessimistic and depressive.

I like card games but I do not understand. Where are people (you are describing) going to? What other card game offers this much content? Maybe I am just illiterate and do not know about some existing digital card games. Please tell me if so. Why are people actually leaving? Yes, AH is shit and have been shit for years now. Is this the reason for leaving? Are they going to a paradise card game that I do not know about? Why does everyone just talks as if there is a paradise game and HEX is not up to its standarts? That is why I called people spoiled.

Azuchi, Maybe you are correct and I am blindly typecasting you into being an antagonist. I just cannot grasp how half of us are not considering all those news as a sign of good path and will.

I believe some players are left (and maybe they will come back later) becouse they were professionals. Becouse playing hex does not generate the same about of watcher numbers on twitch and generate money. I understand them. I personally play to have fun. Not as a professional, not as a job.

I do not consider people leaving as a sign of death of a game or a warning. I will only consider "no updates from HEX" as a sign of death. People come and go. I have stopped playing, took a break and returned to the hex for like 3-4 times now.

Yes, I believe HEX is on good path and will not because every change they do is a perfect example of problem solving or an epitome of success. But becouse atleast they are listening and really trying to satisfy our needs in my eyes.

@Eraia
      I meant not as a whole of the game state. But the amount of content keeps increasing. HEX today includes much more content with respect to HEX two years ago. Lots of tournaments, siege mode, kismet packs, constant addition to fra lootpool and many other other recent additions. That is why I said HEX is objectively in a state much better than ever before content wise. Are there a reason why it should be "subjective"?. Did the game became shallow with respect to a HEX a year ago becouse of a reason unknown to me so that it is subjective?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bansheiri ().

• Firellius wrote:

Malakhar wrote:

How would you prefer to see Siege designed?
      GoW's PvP works like this...
      Players set up a defense team. Then they get the choice of three opponents, arranged in terms of difficulty. Higher difficulty = greater rewards and faster ladder climbing. Battles are simply 1-shots, player versus the AI-controlled version of the defense team they chose to challenge. Since the player is smarter than the AI and always gets the first move, it's relatively easy to win, unless the defender genuinely has a much stronger team or gets lucky.

This causes attackers to win the majority of fights, making it easy to get the points you need for weekly PvP-rank climbing rewards, which include GoW's version of packs (only one card, though, uncommon rarity and up), glory (Used to buy more single-card packs, specific troops or the stuff needed to upgrade those troops) and gold.

So, HEX's siege would work like this...

Players choose a champion and build a deck for that without any PvE-only cards. This is their defense side.

Then, when they want to attack, they get three randomly selected defense teams to choose from, arranged by win%. Higher difficulty keeps net you more gold for defeating them. Every week, you can accumulate points which, when you pass certain thresholds, will net you additional gold and the packs that siege sacks can buy you.

Attacking does not cost gold, neither does defending. Attackers get to build a no-holds barred deck under a campaign champion, merc or regular champion. This skews the gamemode in favour of the actually playing side.

This would create a gamemode where players are free to make very wild and bizarre decks and still have a high chance to win. There's a reward for playing in this endless-content gamemode and there's additional rewards for submitting content to it. Players get to showcase card combos they thought of in their defense team and thereby get other players curious about those cards.

Additionally, to fatten the reward pool for Siege, cards from discontinued sets can be added to the possible rewards.

Boom, you have a PvE mode with infinite content and excellent rewards for long term play.
      What's the motivation to defend though? Defense doesn't seem to get anything.
      And how do you prevent abuse? If you get rewards just for attacking then it's everyone's best interest to just flood defense with 60 shard decks that you can steamroll for rewards.
    • Utremeld wrote:

You're the type of guy who orders a cheeseburger, gets chicken nuggets, and then sits in the booth and eats it anyways because the imagined sense of being a better person by not asserting that something is wrong is more important to your ego than actually getting what you wanted. If your high horse gets any higher you're going to lose your wings Icarus.
      I did not kickstart this game. I did not come for a mmo tcg either. I came for a digital trading card game. That is all. And maybe that is why I like the game for what it is. I am not delisional about some promisedland. I came for a cheeseburger. I found the best cheeseburger. I am just saying this is the best cheeseburger I could find. But nice try with "you are the type of guy" crap.
    • Malakhar wrote:

What's the motivation to defend though? Defense doesn't seem to get anything.And how do you prevent abuse? If you get rewards just for attacking then it's everyone's best interest to just flood defense with 60 shard decks that you can steamroll for rewards.
      In GoW, defenders get a small amount of gold when challenged. If they succesfully defend, they get more, plus a chance for a common/uncommon card, glory or even their equivalent of Plat.

In HEX, defenders could get gold for being challenged, more gold for succesfully beating an attacker and a chance for perhaps a card or two.
    • Bansheiri wrote:

Utremeld wrote:

You're the type of guy who orders a cheeseburger, gets chicken nuggets, and then sits in the booth and eats it anyways because the imagined sense of being a better person by not asserting that something is wrong is more important to your ego than actually getting what you wanted. If your high horse gets any higher you're going to lose your wings Icarus.
      I did not kickstart this game. I did not come for a mmo tcg either. I came for a digital trading card game. That is all. And maybe that is why I like the game for what it is. I am not delisional about some promisedland. I came for a cheeseburger. I found the best cheeseburger. I am just saying this is the best cheeseburger I could find. But nice try with "you are the type of guy" crap.
      That explains a lot, actually.

However, I will not tell you that you are silly for being emotionaly distressed and that you need to take a break despite death being something that society has to cope with every day and life continues unhindered by it.

I mean, you can even adopt a dog or something if it helps you.

Hope you see the similarities here.
    • Utremeld wrote:

You're the kind of guy who simultaneously doesn't understand what the 'Like' button is for but also feel that you must throw your own, not very different, barely worth posting, opinions in on the matter because theres an opening and you're gonna take it. You're a secondary feeder, waiting on people to do the heavy lifting and then piggybacking off of it to come in with "Yeah, you guys need to leave the forums! This is for US!" as if being a social parasite entitles you to anyone's attention. You're going to get a hell of a lot more negativity than your absence of a spine can handle, so quit posting while you're ahead.
      Wow...

Leaving the the forums, for toxicities sake, was more a reminder to myself.
      The rest of your post was rude but needless.
    • Bansheiri wrote:

I did not kickstart this game. I did not come for a mmo tcg either. I came for a digital trading card game. That is all.
      Well, this completely explains the dissonance then. To be honest, I would be ecstatic with HEX if I were merely looking for a competitive digital TCG as well. It would have everything I would ever want. I believe you will be very happy with the future direction of the game.
    • Cheeseburger argument is a good one. Even the worst cheeseburger has a price, so they need to drop all the free modes, and double the price for everything. People get a sense of prestige when they spend a lot, and they only value content when they need to pay for it.

Raising prices will be a good confidence booster for a positive future outlook.
      "Winning with terrormill is not fun? Try losing with it"