Friday Update - Minty Fresh

• Elwinz wrote:

i am interested if lack of streak bonus also applies to limited ladder. Hope it does not. Limited isn't paired by rank anyway and its so much more random .. IN constructed you just pick good deck and you steamroll anything up to platinum, even as no constructed player i almost never lose in silver-gold ranks.. Limited different story its all random especially in evo
      Can we get an answer on this?
    • Removing win streak. Check
      Removing cosmic players at low tier. Check
      Bringing a new constructed queue back for the competitive players. Almost check ( soon)
      Making ladder bo1 to make games faster and remove the feel bad for playing 3 games and losing a star. ..................... ...... I hope I can say check when they announce the new gauthlet
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Can we have confirmation that the bonus star for 2-0 still remains it matters a lot since if it doesn't you just made the grind longer?
      Thanks for asking this. We noticed that there was a section of the ladder update article that was unclear. Here is some additional info clarifying the changes to ‘bonus stars’ on the ladder:

With the next patch, we will be removing the bonus star awarded for having a flawless match (winning both games, 2-0). This bonus encouraged players to use fast aggressive/combo decks that don’t rely on their reserves in the same way that more controlling decks might, so we’ve eliminated this unnecessary component of the system.

The bonus star earned for winning consecutive ladder matches will remain in place. This streak bonus helps good players with strong decks to ascend more quickly from the bottom ranks of the ladder, creating more balanced matches for everyone. Also, by lining this up with the bonus streak that awards Cosmic players additional Cosmic Coins for winning consecutive matches, it makes the entire system easier to understand.

I've reached out to Dino about making sure these details are clear in the original post as well. Thanks again for the questions!
    • Ok, lately we've had a nice streak of new stuff coming, some are welcome with open arms by the community, some are not so welcome, so community has provided feedback, which I suppose will be regarded as always by the Hex Team.

I know I am being an a** here...
      BUT!!!
      For starters, before bringing new stuff, FIX OLD BROKEN STUFF!

Every new update almost always brings new bugs and almost always only a small percentage gets fixed.
      The rest go the "Known Issues Bucket".

A friend who plays another card game was mocking me for playing a game that has so old unresolved bugs.
      Is that too much of a challenge?
      Is that too much to ask?
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • AxelDWater wrote:

Ok, lately we've had a nice streak of new stuff coming, some are welcome with open arms by the community, some are not so welcome, so community has provided feedback, which I suppose will be regarded as always by the Hex Team.

I know I am being an a** here...
      BUT!!!
      For starters, before bringing new stuff, FIX OLD BROKEN STUFF!

Every new update almost always brings new bugs and almost always only a small percentage gets fixed.
      The rest go the "Known Issues Bucket".

A friend who plays another card game was mocking me for playing a game that has so old unresolved bugs.
      Is that too much of a challenge?
      Is that too much to ask?
      You have to tell your friends that our bugs are ''features'' :)
    • " Basically, players reached the end destination too quickly, and this resulted not only in the rush I mentioned above, but also in players being paired against others who were well above their skill level or experience."

I never felt that the time investment was worth making cosmic and have - in fact - never reached cosmic. I heavily disagree with your definition of "too quickly".
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • SlayerStronghold wrote:

" Basically, players reached the end destination too quickly, and this resulted not only in the rush I mentioned above, but also in players being paired against others who were well above their skill level or experience."

I never felt that the time investment was worth making cosmic and have - in fact - never reached cosmic. I heavily disagree with your definition of "too quickly".
      You are not the target audience.
    • Sorry for the double post but this one is about something else.

I really love the 10 win gets you an Animated sleeve thing, and even better that it can keep track of your wins over time. But 10 wins is really not alot and I would really like to see something more like this (it would not cost more to make )

10 wins - AA card
      25 wins - AA sleeve
      50 wins - AAA card (same as AA but animated)
      100 wins - AAA sleeve

(# of wins is taken as an example, but I heard people making 10 wins withing 2-3 gauthlets)

Like this you would really take advantage of the tracking of the wins over multiple courses and altho Alternate formats are fun, it would just give an extra incentive to play more (as you can see, its all the same art and animation so cost would be 0)