Introducing Cosmic Coins and Siege Sacks

• nazersnab wrote:

not being able to collect sacks without our sieges being defeated is going to be an issue, some of us have to manual take down our sieges over time because they have not been defeated or touched in a long time, not rewarding players who are building undefeatable sieges is a bad decision. otherwise I love everything about this update!!
      I have to agree with this while i guess people will be more incentiviced to attack keeps that have big sack stores i still think there should be a time where you can take it down. Like if my keep is at 1000 sacks (max right?) for 24 hours i should be allowed to just take it down and collect all the sacks.
    • First about the positives :

- The Art team is great, they are and always was the best thing HEX has

HexRysu wrote:

This is Ryan Sutherland, aka HexRysu, and I’m here with you guys today with not one but two exciting new reward systems coming to HEX in our next patch.
      Sorry, but I see not even one exciting reward system here.

Cosmic Coins

- rewards only cosmic players, so not interested for any non-top players, including me. Has 0 effect on new players.
      - even more cosmetics, while I can't even find a way to use all of the sleeves we get
      - I doubt it will effect player retention, which it should
      + some of the cosmetics seems to be cool

Siege Sacks
      - rewards losing, so for a long succesfull siege you have to abandon your currency reward. If you are unbeatable, no sack for you...
      - non tradable stuff, which you may never use
      - I find the AA shards beautiful, but somewhat stupid. It's something your opponent won't see ever, it doesn't stay in play etc. But obviously some people like them. I won't be happy if I open them as random rewards instead of something "new".
      + semi-intelligent drop with no 4+ cards.

So, at least I can possibly slowly accumulate siege sacks as the pro players around easily destroy any siege defense I post. And I gain rewards by doing the lest interactive PVP activity ever: posting decks,so the AI may kill my own troops, don't play the cards etc. Somehow it doesn't feels right.
    • cainhu wrote:

- rewards losing, so for a long succesfull siege you have to abandon your currency reward. If you are unbeatable, no sack for you...
      from the article:

They get tucked into your Siege defense with the rest of your rewards. As your Siege repels attackers or otherwise lasts a long time, it will continue to accrue new rewards, which in turn should invite more players to attack you. So, the number of wins your defense racks up and the longer it stays undefeated both add toward your Siege Sack total.

So, withdrawing your siege will give you (and only you) all the rewards you have collected.

i am more interested in the "or otherwise lasts a long time" part. Will the reward increase with just time?
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • SlayerStronghold wrote:

So, withdrawing your siege will give you (and only you) all the rewards you have collected.
      From the article :

article wrote:

Keep in mind that as a Siege Defender, your only way of earning Siege Sacks is for your defense to be defeated. If you choose to withdraw your Siege Defense manually, you’ll end up forfeiting any Siege Sacks stored-up at that time.
      So you either get the currency reward by withdrawing, or sacks by being defeated. Never both.
    • cainhu wrote:

SlayerStronghold wrote:

From the article :

article wrote:

Keep in mind that as a Siege Defender, your only way of earning Siege Sacks is for your defense to be defeated. If you choose to withdraw your Siege Defense manually, you’ll end up forfeiting any Siege Sacks stored-up at that time.
      So you either get the currency reward by withdrawing, or sacks by being defeated. Never both.
      HXE, just sell the game if you're tired of working on it! Don't screw us over for it!
    • cainhu wrote:

SlayerStronghold wrote:

From the article :

article wrote:

ok, i must have overread that somehow.

Their intention is probably that they do not want the attacking players with standard decks to feel bad and lose all the time ...

Suddenly i lost all interest in going through the trouble of setting up my siege again. Because i will not make them worse, just so that they can be beaten by new players, which otherwise would have them unbeatable until one of the more experienced siegers could take them down.

Instead i will focus on defeating sieges, because players will make them worse for them to be beatable...

This reasoning makes me believe that there was a lack of attackers. Maybe this will change once there are just a handful of sieges getting besieged by a lot of attackers...
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
    • Firellius wrote:

SlayerStronghold wrote:

This reasoning makes me believe that there was a lack of attackers. Maybe this will change once there are just a handful of sieges getting besieged by a lot of attackers...
      Maybe there's a lack of attackers because making siege into a two-way Pay2Play gamemode was an idea from a game dev that crawled straight from the depths of Hades.
      Also, if you are not counting the Artifical Unintelligence actually running the defense, Siege is heavily slanted against the attackers. 1 equipmentless PVP standard deck, vs. 3 anything goes deck, and you have a single life.
    • Firellius wrote:

SlayerStronghold wrote:

Maybe there's a lack of attackers because making siege into a two-way Pay2Play gamemode was an idea from a game dev that crawled straight from the depths of Hades.

I see bankerbot selling a lot more gold in the near future.
    • cainhu wrote:

Firellius wrote:

SlayerStronghold wrote:

Also, if you are not counting the Artifical Unintelligence actually running the defense, Siege is heavily slanted against the attackers. 1 equipmentless PVP standard deck, vs. 3 anything goes deck, and you have a single life.
      It's really fun to watch replays when attacker has lethal on board, AI can play Extinction, but does nothing and dies.
    • So much needless salt in here. Be happy guys this is all cool stuff that has been requested for a long time.

Yes i think you should be allowed to pull back your defence at some point as it only rewarding sacs on defeat is bad in my opinion. But that is a easy thing to change so supplying feedback instead of just insulting them is a much better idea.
    • Great news!

As for Cosmic Coins:

Never been to cosmic due to my anxiety for PvP, not sure if Cosmic Coins are enough to engourage me to overcome it. Good to know that Cosmic Packs are atleast tradeable. I would prefer a way to buy most or some of the new stuff which comes with Cosmic Coins but nonetheless I'm happy that other people get to enjoy this.

Siege Sacks:

Haven't really touched Siege either. Strict Standard PvP card restricition for attacking is what puts me off from it but now I might set some Sieges up and see if I get any Siege Sacks with it. Bit sad that both Sack's and its inners are account bound as I'm sure that atleast some of the items in it hold no personal value for me and thus I just want to get rid of it. I'm already having an annoying problem with too many cards in my collection which I don't want to have in there, filling up the screen. Again would prefer stuff to be tradeable here as PvE stuff is something what I'm generally looking for (looking at you, brand new mercenaries!).

Eagerly waiting how this turns out once this hits live :)
    • Wolzarg wrote:

So much needless salt in here. Be happy guys this is all cool stuff that has been requested for a long time.

Yes i think you should be allowed to pull back your defence at some point as it only rewarding sacs on defeat is bad in my opinion. But that is a easy thing to change so supplying feedback instead of just insulting them is a much better idea.
      Many requested AH QoL changes are "easy things to change". Doing stuff in between queues was something doable, until they changed it. It is an "easy thing to change" back. Constructed Gauntlet was present in the game before they removed it. It's as easy as flicking a switch to change it.

Point is, don't take difficulty so much into account (they did make a PS4 port after all). It's about willingness and planning.