Introducing Cosmic Coins and Siege Sacks

• Bootlace wrote:

To compare the value grind to HS:

Every 300 cosmic coins gets you a pack. That's 30 wins without a winstreak of any kind. In HS you get 10 gold for 3 wins, meaning you also need 30 wins to buy a pack (100gold). The difference is:

Pros:
      -In Hex the packs are tradeable.
      -In Hex you can go on winstreaks to massively increase your earning rate.
      -Hex has no cap on earnable coins per day while HS limits you to 100g earnable like this per day.
      -You also get some AA rare/legendary which can be sold/traded.
      This is kind of wrong. Every 300 coins you might get a pack, but every 100 coins you get a pack with things with value (except the uncommon aa and the sleeve). Even more if you can just sell it (to be confirmed).

-You can only earn these coins whilst in Cosmic rank whilst HS allows you to earn anywhere.
      Also this. You get 7 packs just by climbing the ladder, it's not a lot, but if we take how many matches takes to climb to cosmic, we're in a good range.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Plotynus wrote:

Bootlace wrote:

Every 300 cosmic coins gets you a pack. That's 30 wins without a winstreak of any kind. In HS you get 10 gold for 3 wins, meaning you also need 30 wins to buy a pack (100gold). The difference is:

Pros:
      -Hex has no cap on earnable coins per day while HS limits you to 100g earnable like this per day.
      This is kind of wrong. Every 300 coins you might get a pack, but every 100 coins you get a pack with things with value (except the uncommon aa and the sleeve). Even more if you can just sell it (to be confirmed).
      Fourth bullet point?
    • Bootlace wrote:

Plotynus wrote:

Bootlace wrote:

Pros:
      Fourth bullet point?
      Yes and no, you're trying to give an equal situation for HS system and cosmic coins and I think it doesn't apply. Nothing serious, we can move on.
    • what are you going to do with siege after some people collect this stuff for two weeks and then go back to completely ignoring the mode because there's no discoverability and no desire to throw money and boring standard decks at hyperaggro pve decks?

when can attackers use immortal & pve items?
    • Seems like a cool idea for high-end players, the ability to grind packs and value off simply playing the game in cosmic is a good idea. Certain to help jumpstart queues and boost activity.

My main concern is that this still won't help me convince my friends to come back to the game; my friends with very limited collections who float around the silver to platinum range. I'd like to see some sort of system implemented to reward players who fight it out on lower ranks of the ladder as well. While the one-time rewards for ranking up in lower ranks is OK, there needs to be some sort of system to reward players for playing in lower ranks as well. Even if it was like:

Generic Ladder Pack (Earned for winning a non-cosmic ranked game)
      70% chance for Small amount of gold
      25% chance for a common/uncommon alternate art
      4% chance for a random set-legal rare
      1% chance for a pack.

In any case - cool stuff, I'm sure I'll try to reach cosmic with this new system.
    • I like this very much, gives players a reason to play Siege and Stadard Constructed past cosmic.

But please HEX, give us some Cosmic Coin value for playing Immortal/Rock. Make the immortal queue ranked and create a new ranked Rock queue using the same ladder as Standard Constructed, making all three major constructed format eligible for Cosmic Coins

Rock is a great gateway to the more expensive Standard Constructed, and a ranked ladder would be the perfect way for a new player to dip their toes into the constructed part of the game without having to invest in a expensive deck. I know that wouldn't bring much revenue in itself, but it would create a great way for players to get hooked on constructed.

A ranked Immortal queue would be a step in creating demand for Immortal. The format is great but needs a push for more players to try it out. Hey, I'm playing the weekly in a few minutes and it's 3AM over here, that's how much I enjoy Immortal.
    • As a cosmic player myself, i couldn't be more happy to hear these news, i am not that big of a fan of siege myself but i am glad that Hex is keeping both their players happy, now they just need to add a little bit more of pve countent and everyone should be happy :D, great work and keep it up Hex devs.
    • Ok after mentioning positives, some constructive criticism:

-Why are you requiring players to be in Cosmic to earn these. People climbing the ladder (newer players) should be the most incentivized people!
      -In fact, these coins should be earnable in Merry Melee as well.
      -Might consider giving 5 coins if you lost a match but won a game to remove the feel bad of a tightly contested hour long game which you narrowly lost 2-1. Would also help people from conceding when they go down 1-0.
      -Make a phantom limited mode (truly asynch one with fun rotating modes) and allow people to buy a ticket to it with these coins (besides other payment options).

New players should get coins early in their exposure to the game and go off either buying packs to build their collection or playing fun limited modes - this would establish a positive gameplay loop. Without this, I don't know how this system helps new player onboarding process at all. Perhaps I'm missing part of the puzzle as I remember hearing on Dev stream that there would be some things introduced to help player onboarding.
    • Spit-balling some ideas here because I am sure we will cover this on 2 Turns Ahead:

Give coins for winning from the bottom of the ladder to Cosmic, but give the win bonus coins only in Cosmic
      Allow a market tab where you can sell/buy Cosmic coins a la Battle.net currency
      Allow players to buy the individual cards in the packs for like 4-6x the amount of a pack?
      If coins are account bound, add tech that allows us to buy/sell the battleboard (Tons of players really love these things)
      AAA Champions please?

Is there a PVE Siege card with a duck on it?

I understand why the Siege currency is account bound (because of the ability to abuse it). Isn't there some way to oversight abuse of this system to allow these rewards to also be placed on the market?
    • Ducklett wrote:

Spit-balling some ideas here because I am sure we will cover this on 2 Turns Ahead:

Give coins for winning from the bottom of the ladder to Cosmic, but give the win bonus coins only in Cosmic
      Allow players to buy the individual cards in the packs for like 4-6x the amount of a pack?
      If coins are account bound, add tech that allows us to buy/sell the battleboard (Tons of players really love these things)
      AAA Champions please?

I understand why the Siege currency is account bound (because of the ability to abuse it). Isn't there some way to oversight abuse of this system to allow these rewards to also be placed on the market?
      I like the idea of "dusting" cosmic packs. It's a good way to make everything "tradeable" as we can buy cosmic packs in the third market (also, it gives them more value). Think about it @HEXCoryJones, @HEXRysu
    • Ducklett wrote:

Spit-balling some ideas here because I am sure we will cover this on 2 Turns Ahead:

AAA Champions please?

- Give coins : Agreed, they can remove the gold for coins instead
      - Buy - sell coins : If they are not tradable i think that they dont want to add that.
      - buying cards: beats the idea of trying to give incentive to play
      - buying board and stuff: same as above

duck..what duck
    • The rewards are amazing imo. I will not stop playing Siege till I get that Battleboard, full stop.

I also think you should make the Currencies somehow tradeable. If not, I had a simple solution that ignores all abusing threats behind this tradeable thing and still lets people get the possibility to avoid grinding the stuff if they dont want to:

Sell Coins in HEX store (1 coin = 1 plat)

WIN - WIN, nobody gets hurt, only some additional money for HEX.
    • Dinotropia wrote:

Blackwood wrote:

Are cosmic coins tradable?
      Cosmic Coins and Siege Sacks are not tradable.
      I skipped pages 2-3, so forgive me if it has already been answered but why the 180 here? We were told that Coins would be tradeable. Not that I mind too much, since the packs will be tradeable (I'm super interested to see the market's evaluation of those).

I'll say it right now, the "random" factor seems like an unfair for HXE to (in a lot of quotes) """force""" more games, which should not be an issue since you offer packs as well. I'm sure you could have upped the price from 100 for cosmic pack to 300 or so for a booster pack and find fairer prices for the rest of the stuff.

Overall, this is far far better than I expected. I really thought that packs would not have been thrown into the mix, same as @Pentachills