Corinth Continues

• We don't want rewards and we don't want to PAY to play the game we already bought into, make it free, axe the rewards, let us deckbuild with our own resources to incentivize people to buy different resources to experiment with, and then leave the queue up and stop touching it. Couldn't be anymore clear about this.

EDIT: Actually, I could be more clear
      1. Deckbuilding mode (turn on) for Resources ONLY and a 20 card deck limit
      2. Remove all reward structures and payments
      3. Leave it alone like it has leprosy
    • Eager Dingler Hoedown is being renamed Dingleton. OP has been updated to reflect those changes.

@Mach we will be notifying players both on our website and in game when the Corinth queue will end. The new Merry Melee modes will require a patch to implement, so there should be adequate warning for everyone.
    • Utremeld wrote:

We don't want rewards and we don't want to PAY to play the game we already bought into, make it free, axe the rewards, let us deckbuild with our own resources to incentivize people to buy different resources to experiment with, and then leave the queue up and stop touching it. Couldn't be anymore clear about this.

EDIT: Actually, I could be more clear
      1. Deckbuilding mode (turn on) for Resources ONLY and a 20 card deck limit
      2. Remove all reward structures and payments
      3. Leave it alone like it has leprosy

Utremeld/Crackling Vortex/Kony 2020
    • Please HEXent. Listen to the players on some stuff.

I am pleased you brought it back and will continue to play it, until the next format comes.

With that said,

I want to build my own deck. You get rid of a lot of feel bad moments in this format when you build your own deck of 20 cycle lands. Ayotochi Coins is amazing in this format. So are the other coins. Primal Essence, Etc all have a great place.

Start utilizing the assets you have instead of reinventing new ones. It goes a long way to get people into your game. Open up Mercenary uses as champions in their own queue. Hell make it a 2 month long seasonal ladder with rewards and a 500p entrance fee if you feel the need to make money by that. (Or just sell AA versions, new champions, etc.. with little packs)

Honestly I don't care at this point whether it is paid or challenge for custom deck CvC and mercenary vs mercenary, just make it happen.
    • I know what some of the staff (all of the staff?) and some of the players are thinking

"That Schild guy is an ass that will never be pleased"

Wrong. I'm easily pleased. Boneheaded, shortsighted decisions and an inability to listen make me angrier than hell though.
    • Great decision to bring it back... but @Dinotropia make sure they know how badly it will be received if you decide to suddenly end peoples' runs with only a day's warning. Give us at least a weekend's warning, if not a full week, before you end the game mode since people are paying money to enter.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Whoever mod removed my and Plotynus' exchange did a bad job. They should have removed his post that started insulting me and the three afterwards, NOT my, very reasonable, first post.

Thankfully I kept a screenshot of the whole thing and I can replicate it.

Interested to see if the second (even if it's only been a day and a half without) run of Iconoclash fares better than the second run of the Kismet draft (proportionately, of course, not in raw numbers). Everything loses its lustrous appeal the second time and Iconoclash only has 1 sleeve to collect, in contrast to Kismet's 6.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Whoever mod removed my and Plotynus' exchange did a bad job. They should have removed his post that started insulting me and the three afterwards, NOT my, very reasonable, first post.

Thankfully I kept a screenshot of the whole thing and I can replicate it.

Interested to see if the second (even if it's only been a day and a half without) run of Iconoclash fares better than the second run of the Kismet draft (proportionately, of course, not in raw numbers). Everything loses its lustrous appeal the second time and Iconoclash only has 1 sleeve to collect, in contrast to Kismet's 6.
      How can you assume that people only play for the sleeve? Sleeves are trash cosmetics IMO. The gameplay style is not comparable to a kismet draft. For the record I had the sleeve after my first 3 runs on each of my KS and non-KS account, the first day back in April. I still enjoy the format more so than limited and especially constructed which I'd rather not touch except maybe singleton, which is at a scheduled time I can't make.
    • What? I never claimed that "people only play for the sleeve." There is, undeniably, a part that did. Part, not everyone. If you think about it, the sleeve was the 'carrot' for people who wouldn't play the current iteration or the mode at all.

There is some small correlation that can be drawn between Kismet Draft and Iconoclash, in my opinion. Unfortunately, people have grown tired of regular Hex modes. Both Kimset Draft and Iconoclash revitalized activity during their respective run because they were good and fun formats.

My point is, and it's a very important one for HXE's planning moreso than out curiosity, how long can the "fun factor" hook the respective audience. Kismet Draft was, unanimously, awesome. Yet the second run flopped. Now Iconoclash is seen under the same light. Despite, or rather all the more sp because, the two having different target drmographics, it's good to know what each (demographic's) tendencies are.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vroengard ().