Another player leaving

• Another player leaving

I was never a big spender but I was a very active player and did pay for VIP a couple of years.

I had a long spiel about why I'm not going to be playing HEX any more but I've said most of it before: principally Cory just doesn't share my priorities and above all the AH is too bad.

I might come back for AZ3 and/or if AH gets fixed but most likely I will stop following HEX and never know.
      Still got a couple of tickets I might use at some point too.

Best wishes to all the cool people I've played with (and Pandemica).
    • Sorry to see you leave.

I’ve been playing off and on since August and I’m starting to wonder where this game is heading. The player base seems tiny, and I only got involved with this game because I heard it was supposed to have some fun PvE features and some “MMO” qualities.

I since discovered that none of that is true, and that development of those features doesn’t seem to be a priority.

There does seem to be a pretty devoted PvP crowd though, and I’m happy for it even though it’s not my thing.

I don’t plan on leaving anytime soon, but I routinely feel that while the core gameplay is fun, HEX really isn’t that enjoyable of a game to play. It has a lot of potential but I’m not sure where it is gonna end up.

What could Hex do to keep you around?
      Coyotle are the supreme furry race. Cannon fodder need not respond.
    • It feels weird "liking" a comment because you share its sentiments, when you don't favor the general premise. [ie, I want to show I appreciate your views toward Hex, but how do I do that without also seeming like I'm "liking" the fact that you're leaving, which is the opposite of what I want for Hex?]

Anyway, weird social media concepts aside-
      Hopefully, when you next look in on us, Hex'll have itself sorted out. Because really, this game is good enough that it's worth coming back to..
      ..assume the devs don't allow the earth to become too salted with missteps along the way.

Here's hoping that we'll see you running the game side-by-side with us when AZ3 releases. :)
    • I am teetering on the edge myself. My free draft ticket per week is even starting to sour my appetite to log-in.
      I just don't see any meaningful progress towards what I personally think needed to be addressed two years ago, and some of which was promised 5 years ago.
      Collecting has become a grind, investing has become a concern, and playing in-general has become flavorless.

I'll step away for a bit and see if my mentality improves before HEX does.

(HEX is making some awesome adjustments and additions now, but there are still some important elements being missed or disregarded in those additions. It's becoming a lot harder to foresee a healthy pathway inviting new blood to keep the lights on. Too little, too late, maybe? I'll be skeptical of my own opinion here.)
    • NicoSharp wrote:

I am teetering on the edge myself. My free draft ticket per week is even starting to sour my appetite to log-in.
      I just don't see any meaningful progress towards what I personally think needed to be addressed two years ago, and some of which was promised 5 years ago.
      Collecting has become a grind, investing has become a concern, and playing in-general has become flavorless.

(HEX is making some awesome adjustments and additions now, but there are still some important elements being missed or disregarded in those additions. It's becoming a lot harder to foresee a healthy pathway inviting new blood to keep the lights on. Too little, too late, maybe? I'll be skeptical of my own opinion here.)
      Yeah, I'm right there with you. I've noticed that each new set holds my interest for shorter and shorter periods of time before I lose interest and go do something else.

I have lots of problems with this game, but chief among them is that I'm not getting what I was promised years ago. If I had known where the game was going to be today, I would have passed on it way back when. I have spent an insane amount of money on the game, but I'm not getting what I thought I was investing in. I'm starting to think that I never will.
    • KozHex wrote:

NicoSharp wrote:

I am teetering on the edge myself. My free draft ticket per week is even starting to sour my appetite to log-in.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. I've noticed that each new set holds my interest for shorter and shorter periods of time before I lose interest and go do something else.
      I have lots of problems with this game, but chief among them is that I'm not getting what I was promised years ago. If I had known where the game was going to be today, I would have passed on it way back when. I have spent an insane amount of money on the game, but I'm not getting what I thought I was investing in. I'm starting to think that I never will.
      Yup. I just want to quote both of you to back these sentiments. I am in the same boat, and the boat is leaking. I consider us three among the last bastion of the old faithful crew, along a few others. All very familiar names here. If you guys both leave, I don't know if I would have the heart to stay either anymore.