Friday Update - Building Blocks

• Smradd wrote:

MrBlei wrote:

Hopefully this isn't taken as an insult, but...
      better do some overtime, if its money ur expecting to get....
      I mean 7 hours for a small chance to get 500$ vs safe 100$ + - for 7hours of work^^'
      gambling is a nice thing :P but there are better ways to waste ur time and money

I think of game as a way to unwind or relax and not to TURN A PROFIT AT ALL COSTS, just saying.

If someone is a professionl gambler/CCG/TCG player and feels himself attacked by this I apologize.

The 100$ + - is aproxymated from minimum wage.
      Umm, in my country I can work for 8 hours for an average sallary of 25$So putting in the weekend and winning even 125$ was a significant buff for my wallet.
      So, it's time to pack the bags until later for me and my friends.
      Now for 4 hours you might win between $50 and $60 (10000 plat, depending how you expend it) or even more by selling singles in the AH. And you still have 2 chances to play the bash in the weekend, so it's a similar amount of money.

Of course, that's not $500, but overall it should be positive if you perform well.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Vroengard wrote:

@Eraia Except, for Hex, it was advertised as a competitive game. And the best """marketing""" it got was from competitive people streaming. Cutting down competitiveness means cutting down exposure. And we all know how little there is anyway.
      A competitive player wrote some clever things here :
      blog.battleshopper.com/monday-morning-metagame-4-30/

Battleshoper wrote:

This is going to put more packs into circulation. If each Bash has about 64 players, 4 players will 4-0, 8 players will 3-1, and 16 players will 2-2. That’s 8*12 +16*5 = 96+80 = 176 additional packs per Bash (~352 per weekend). To compare, Limited Events put an average of 339 packs into the system per day this year (33.9 drafts per day, 10 packs per draft). Whether or not these packs are opened, put into limited, etc, that’s more packs in the system…and more cards in the system.

If you’re a competitive player, you can realistic grind enough platinum to “go infinite” and buy each new constructed set for plat when it comes out. It takes roughly 40k platinum to buy 4x of every card in a new set (roooughly). 3 sets are dropped a year, and there are 52 weeks in a year – so 34 Bashes per set. You need to win 4, so you need about a 59% match win percentage to 4-9 4 out of the 34 Bashes. That’s actually pretty reasonable. So expect to see competitive players effectively being +platinum if they’re willing to play the Bashes over the weekend.
    • With the addition of these weekly wacky rotating formats I’d like to make a suggestion.

JankLander is currently an implemented Deckbuilding restriction. Please make JankLander one of the weekly events.

In order to facilitate mass appeal please add an option that allows players to pay 25p extra (or whatever is appropriate) to add 4x copies of JankBot to their 156 Card deck.

Bonus points if people who “rent” the JankBot playset have the ability to win 1 copy of JankBot at the end of a 5-x run.

This would encourage secondary value (Quasi EDH) and also allow players who don’t have JankBot to earn them by playing the format!
    • Gregangel wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

@Eraia Except, for Hex, it was advertised as a competitive game. And the best """marketing""" it got was from competitive people streaming. Cutting down competitiveness means cutting down exposure. And we all know how little there is anyway.
      A competitive player wrote some clever things here :blog.battleshopper.com/monday-morning-metagame-4-30/

Battleshoper wrote:

This is going to put more packs into circulation. If each Bash has about 64 players, 4 players will 4-0, 8 players will 3-1, and 16 players will 2-2. That’s 8*12 +16*5 = 96+80 = 176 additional packs per Bash (~352 per weekend). To compare, Limited Events put an average of 339 packs into the system per day this year (33.9 drafts per day, 10 packs per draft). Whether or not these packs are opened, put into limited, etc, that’s more packs in the system…and more cards in the system.

If you’re a competitive player, you can realistic grind enough platinum to “go infinite” and buy each new constructed set for plat when it comes out. It takes roughly 40k platinum to buy 4x of every card in a new set (roooughly). 3 sets are dropped a year, and there are 52 weeks in a year – so 34 Bashes per set. You need to win 4, so you need about a 59% match win percentage to 4-9 4 out of the 34 Bashes. That’s actually pretty reasonable. So expect to see competitive players effectively being +platinum if they’re willing to play the Bashes over the weekend.

Eh, one can be infinite through constructed by participating enough tournaments on a weekly basis. It's been like this even without the Bash changes, it's just that some players don't find the smaller tournaments worth their time in the past.

I don't see this related to Vroengard's point though.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Am i the only one concerned that clash is adding more plat than it takes out of the system?
      simply said yes.
      It's a plat generation method, but not to the extent that a real inflation would occure any time soon with the current playerbase in mind^^'
      if u would rope together 16 players in clash (since plat is the concern here) u'd have 16*6=96 packs + 16*300p=4800p as entry and get 6*5+4*12=78 packs and 10000 p as reard hence converting 18 packs into 5200plat. (-3600p for the generate packs from the store, means 1600plat from nowhere for 16 players playing about 4h -.-)

now do the same math for bash 16*700p=11200 plat - 10000 essencially converting 1200 p into 78 packs. so the pack inflation is the real "concern" with this^^ so an inflation of goods -.- basically pack and card prices should plummet. worst case pack purchases from the store too -> RIP HEX

Q.E.D. CLASH is good and the BASH is EVIL^^

PS: leaving out the average 1.56 primals generated from those won packs
    • Gregangel wrote:

I am not very fond of "We have run into a potential issue with cash prize payouts on a global scale. " lack of transparency and honnesty.

Just explain why. Why this kind of secret that does not look good for the game reputation ?

Other than that, I am ok

At least, now we know what was the so called "potential issue on a global scale"...