Prize Split Button

• Prize Split Button

Splitting the prizes in a Draft Gauntlet is a common thing to happen, but it's really annoying, that you have to do it manually and one players needs to concede. It would be great to have the option, that the game would do it for you.
      So if you are in the finals you get a button, with which you can offer a split and the other person can decide whether to accept or not. If it's agreed the match ends and booth players move forward on the ladder by half the amount of what they would if they win, and booth players get their 4 packs as their tournament prize.
    • While I'm not necessarily against the idea there are some questions popping into my mind:
      - what about stuff you win by going 3-0 like during release celebration?
      - what about stuff you get every x wins like during kismet drafts?
      - what about ladder rating and xp?
      - how long into the game will you be able to do this? (to prevent people from always prompting while losing)
      - can you only do this during your phase? If not, what happens if the opponent currently is rapidly clicking or spacing through his turn? (must be prevented by a timer or something, could break concentration in other instances)
      - what happens to the clock? (could this be abused to time out opponents when time becomes an issue)
    • Bobbel wrote:

1)/2) I think going 2-0-1 is worth getting the rewards.
      This would literally double the rewards, and thus no longer reward going 3-0 but rather going 2-0 and splitting.

Also, the official stance is here: hextcg.com/tournament-integrity/

Players should be aware that nothing in-game supports facilitation of splits and that HEX Entertainment will not enforce, assist with, or reverse prize splitting in any way. We will however investigate accusations of misconduct under scamming rules in our Terms of Service.
      Splits are optional and at the discretion of both players. Harassment for refusing to split should be reported to HEX Entertainment for investigation under Terms of Service violations.

Gauntlets aren't meant to be split. They are when two players mutually agree to it. Splitting means *not* playing the game. HXE putting any kind of engineering effort towards implementing something so players can avoid playing the game would not be the best use of their time.
    • The reward part is optional. I think it's also fair not to give out rewards for a split, so if someone really wants it he can play it out rather than split. On the other hand I think that 2 additional packs are more reward than a promo.

Splits are gonna happen anyway and making it up to the "discretion of both players" is creating more problems, than simply engineer a solution.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bobbel ().

• Bobbel wrote:

The reward part is optional. I think it's also fair not to give out rewards for a split, so if someone really wants it he can play it out rather than split. On the other hand I think that 2 additional packs are more reward than a promo.

Splits are gonna happen anyway and making it up to the "discretion of both players" is creating more problems, than simply engineer a solution.
      No, because the difference is that then they'd be formally endorsing splitting, which is not what they want. They want people playing. If people choose to opt out of that game, that's their own discretion... and they don't have a policy against it. But there's no reason for them to use precious development resources working on a problem that is barely even an inconvenience for the playerbase.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • my stance on this is as follows...

If it isn't against the rules to split they should absolutely feature a split button. I understands them wanting to make people play the game but people wanting to split are going to split whether or not this button is implemented, this will just make it easier for those players. This button isn't magically going to make people split more often.

As for release celebration and special rewards, make the split button only split the packs rewarded and have the players play 1 single game for the special reward.

Add in the fact that ps4 players can't even split with the current way of splitting is more reason for this addition

Edited: 1 More point, with the current queue time for 2-0 to find an opponent i think its fair to say that the person wasted enough time not playing the game, that you shouldn't force them to play if they don't want to

The post was edited 1 time, last by AnomalyCobra ().

• Bobbel wrote:

I don't think the game should dictate people whether they should play or not. It should be up to the players to decide and even though it's not forbidden the game is currently making it really hard for people to split.
      "It should be up to the players to decide" is exactly how it is now. Hex does not SUPPORT splitting, they simply do not FORBID it.

Something being against the rules does not make it supported, nor should it.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Eraia wrote:

Bobbel wrote:

I don't think the game should dictate people whether they should play or not. It should be up to the players to decide and even though it's not forbidden the game is currently making it really hard for people to split.
      "It should be up to the players to decide" is exactly how it is now. Hex does not SUPPORT splitting, they simply do not FORBID it.
      Something being against the rules does not make it supported, nor should it.
      if its up to the players then hex should do something to protect players from making the decision to split. Its either ok and supported or not allowed and not supported. It can't be a combination of both
    • AnomalyCobra wrote:

if its up to the players then hex should do something to protect players from making the decision to split. Its either ok and supported or not allowed and not supported. It can't be a combination of both
      That's completely false. Life is FULL of things that are permitted but not supported. And so is Hex.

There are, in fact, three states:

1) Supported
      2) Permitted
      3) Forbidden

Supported are things Hex straight up endorses. Permitted are things Hex doesn't endorse, but has no rules against players doing. Forbidden are things you're not allowed to do.

You may not believe it, but 'permitted' is ACTUALLY the largest category of the three. Because it includes EVERYTHING not covered by categories 1 and 3.

• First of all, this should be in the Feedback and Suggestions section.

Second of all

AnomalyCobra wrote:

if its up to the players then hex should do something to protect players from making the decision to split
      Does your government also provide you with guards when it allows you to go for a walk in a forest where you might encounter bears (and there are warning signs around, of course)? You know there might be dangers (aka the other player tricking you) and the government has warned you about them (HXE rules leave it to "discretion of players"). Would you ask your government for more? No. Why would you ask HXE for more?
    • Vroengard wrote:

First of all, this should be in the Feedback and Suggestions section.

Second of all

AnomalyCobra wrote:

if its up to the players then hex should do something to protect players from making the decision to split
      Does your government also provide you with guards when it allows you to go for a walk in a forest where you might encounter bears (and there are warning signs around, of course)? You know there might be dangers (aka the other player tricking you) and the government has warned you about them (HXE rules leave it to "discretion of players"). Would you ask your government for more? No. Why would you ask HXE for more?
      how in the hell is asking for a split option in client asking for "more"?
    • Goliathus wrote:

AnomalyCobra wrote:

how in the hell is asking for a split option in client asking for "more"?
      For one, they would need time to code said option into the game. Time that could be used for other things like fixing bugs and what not.
      oh i don't think it needs to be prioritized in the slightest, there are definitely things that need to be focused on way before this. Im not entirely sure this is a long procedure to be implemented but i could be wrong
    • the funny thing is there doesn't need to be another person in gauntlet. you should be able to split by just quitting at 2-0

but if they let this happen, then nobody would ever find a 2-0 match because most people would leave rather than sit in the queue for 90 minutes.
    • Bobbel wrote:

To summarize: The consensus is mostly, that it would be a useful thing, but there are other things that need be prioritized programming, which I can totally understand. It would just be nice if this will be kept in mind as a thing to program in the future.
      You need to look up the meaning of 'consensus'.