Pinned Topdeck Radio - Viewer Mail and "Plays of the Week" submission thread

• Topdeck Radio - Viewer Mail and "Plays of the Week" submission thread

Manifesto and I are serious when we say we don't want Topdeck Radio to be all about us. We want to feature things from the community - but for that to work, the community has to actually SEND US STUFF. :thumbsup:
      So, I'm making this thread as another vector people can use to get information over to us.

What is Topdeck Radio? More info about that here

VIEWER MAIL

Have questions for me or Manifesto? Put "Viewer Mail" at the top of your post, and ask away! Questions can be serious or silly. We'll read what we can talk about on the official channel (so overly personal or inappropriate questions may not be used), and use as many as we can, depending on time.

Serious example
      Thrawn and Manifesto, what are your thoughts on this draft format, and any deck you really like to go for?

Silly example
      Dear Thrawn and Manifesto, I'm a Very Lonely DIngler. Pucid shot me with arrows SIX TIMES this year and I still haven't found The One. Can you say anything to give me hope?
      Signed,
      Very Lonely Dingler

PLAYS OF THE WEEK

Got a great video of an epic Hex moment? We could feature you on screen! Drop us a link to the video! Highlights / Clips are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED so I don't have to fish for your moment from a 2+ hour stream. The video can be from any platform, as long as I don't have to download anything to access it. If it's in a longer video on YouTube, please include a timestamp to the relevant bit.

Twitch / Mixer / YouTube / Plays.TV, etc. are all fine.
      Watch Dungeon Masters of Entrath - The HEX Gameshow! Wednesday 8pm EST
      I am ThrawnOmega on Xbox Live, Twitter, Steam, and Twitch.
      Forum Avatar by @tfa_96 on Twitter.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Thrawn: edit - got pinned, so request deleted. ().

• Thrawn wrote:

Got a great video of an epic Hex moment? We could feature you on screen! Drop us a link to the video! Highlights / Clips are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED so I don't have to fish for your moment from a 2+ hour stream. The video can be from any platform, as long as I don't have to download anything to access it. If it's in a longer video on YouTube, please include a timestamp to the relevant bit.
      What about sending matches ID(supposing you have access to the replay feature), although this would require you prepare/record the moments from the replay, but would it make much more acessible since most people don't record themselves playing. Or wouldn't that be viable?
      HEX forums resident liker.
    • ReluxTheRelux wrote:

Thrawn wrote:

What about sending matches ID(supposing you have access to the replay feature), although this would require you prepare/record the moments from the replay, but would it make much more acessible since most people don't record themselves playing. Or wouldn't that be viable?
      For someone that doesn't have the replay feature, how would I get access to my match ID in order to send it?
    • ReluxTheRelux wrote:

Thrawn wrote:

I'm getting a little better with it, but finding a specific game you want from the replay tool feels like finding a needle in a haystack. The haystack is in the middle of a barn. The barn is on fire and burning down around you.

It's not a pleasant user experience in its current state.

I don't know how people would find that info - but if someone is able to pretty exactly point me to it, I'm willing to give it a try.

The goal here is to give people a spotlight without massively increasing show pre-production time. ;)
    • Thrawn wrote:

I don't know how people would find that info - but if someone is able to pretty exactly point me to it, I'm willing to give it a try.

You can get the match ID from pvptools.

Mystery wrote:

For someone that doesn't have the replay feature, how would I get access to my match ID in order to send it?
      again PVPtools has the ID for every match.

Thrawn wrote:

I'm getting a little better with it, but finding a specific game you want from the replay tool feels like finding a needle in a haystack. The haystack is in the middle of a barn. The barn is on fire and burning down around you.
      even witht he specific match ID? (I am not familiar with the current replay search abilities)

The post was edited 1 time, last by ReluxTheRelux ().

• Can you screenshot what you're talking about? Definitely not seeing what you're pointing to for constucted ladder matches.

Any maybe my completed runs are too old and fallen off the server, but I don't think Run ID = Session ID, for limited gauntlets.

Session IDs are a long string of gibberish, like "T18446744073709462826M18446744073709462823" --- one I just pulled from the replay tool in-client, for the ladder.
    • Thrawn wrote:

Can you screenshot what you're talking about? Definitely not seeing what you're pointing to for constucted ladder matches.

Any maybe my completed runs are too old and fallen off the server, but I don't think Run ID = Session ID, for limited gauntlets.

Session IDs are a long string of gibberish, like "T18446744073709462826M18446744073709462823" --- one I just pulled from the replay tool in-client, for the ladder.
      I was wrong, I could have sworn I had seen there before but it onyl offers player IDs. Oh well never mind then I guess it won't be possible then.

EDIT: @Fred sorry for bothering is it possible to grab the match ID from the API or is it simply not shared?
    • The match ID I have on the site is in no way related to anything in Hex. It's just an auto-incrementing value I use to keep track of matches.

From some preliminary research, session IDs from the replay feature have a format of "T<big number A>M<big number B>", where <big number B> is actually just <big number A> minus 3.

I haven't figured out a way to map that ID to any data I receive from the API.
    • Fred wrote:

where <big number B> is actually just <big number A> minus 3
      What. Why?

No, really, it has bothered my not finding any possibility where such a construct was useful not even structure padding, because that doesn't apply to strings.

I mean, if it were some checksum construct they should use checksums. it's like -
      please insert launchcodes -
      please enter your email -
      please enter your email again to confirm.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • SlayerStronghold wrote:

Fred wrote:

where <big number B> is actually just <big number A> minus 3
      What. Why?

I have no clue. It's only what I observed. Take the example that Thrawn posted: T18446744073709462826M18446744073709462823

T - 18446744073709462826 - M - 18446744073709462823

Big number A = 18446744073709462826
      Big number B = 18446744073709462823

18446744073709462823 is (18446744073709462826 - 3)

SlayerStronghold wrote:

No, really, it has bothered my not finding any possibility where such a construct was useful not even structure padding, because that doesn't apply to strings.

I mean, if it were some checksum construct they should use checksums. it's like -
      It's not a checksum either, because it seems to be somewhat linearly incrementing from one match to the next.
    • Fred wrote:

Shinshire wrote:

18446744073709462826 = 0x19999999999976EA
      mmm, spaghetti

@Thrawn, i'll check my records and pm you something i find interesting
      You might be onto something. However, you missed the last digit, as 18446744073709462826 is actually 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEA52A (which is equally interesting, if not more).
      EA52A = (14 × 16⁴) + (10 × 16³) + (5 × 16²) + (2 × 16¹) + (10 × 16⁰) = 959786 - is that the total number of games played or is there more padding in there?
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • I have two for now.

1) What are your thoughts on Hex implementing a temporary trade system? So I could trade my Zakiir to someone for a set period of time, up to a max limit of probably 72 hours or so. That card cannot be traded, destroyed, sold, etc. and will automatically return to the original owner after the time has passed. If they are in a match when time is up, then it returns to player after match is over. While traded out the original player cannot use it but it still shows in their collection.
      2) I believe I remember you guys discussing VIP value a while back. As additional value to the VIP, what do you think of giving VIPs a free entry to w/e the current Merry Melee is? Maybe once every three days or a set number of free entry tokens per month.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Malakhar ().

• Do you think we need a way to filter siege?

Either a way to filter them by criteria, or a way to randomize the selection. Otherwise it seems like you only ever attack the very top or very bottom decks. And, frankly (at least for me) it can be hard to choose what to attack.
    • Thinking of signature decks.

Do you think they're a tool that Hex should use to deliberately lower the prices of powerful archetypes? Generally speaking stronger decks are more expensive since they use cards that work. This drives up prices and leads to some silly costs for decks just to edge into competitive for constructed formats.
      Using signature decks Hex could deliberately anchor at least decent decks to a base price of ~$25.

As a follow-up, do we want all decks to be accessible, or should some decks be only for those who can afford them? Do we worry about the overall real world value of Hex cards in this kind of scenario?
    • Looking at Pappy Jasper's Prize Patrol, which looks really fun, got me to thinking about the card pool for siege.
      I agree that the attacker pool should be larger, but I don't think it should be the entire pool the way it is for defender. Rather, how about creating a rotation for attackers? So introduce a siege rotation that is the current available sets + 1 or 2 previous random sets + card pool available from a specific Act. We only have 2 Acts for now but that should grow in time.
      This siege rotation then lasts for set amount of time. Right now I'm thinking maybe until the sets rotate out, then change the 2 previous sets (forbidding the previous sets of course) and the PvE act cards available.
      Would involve a few things of course, like the coding time, and having enough sets and acts.

But I think just giving the entire card pool to both sides will get rid of the asymmetrical nature of the challenge that makes it truly interesting.
    • Ok this might be a hard hitting question at hexent, but its something thats been bugging me for a while.

PvE communication/work on PvE. For discussion purposes, this will be strictly campaign focused.

There have been many things discussed before, a few examples.

hextcg.com/the-future-of-hex/

"Strongholds! Eight different strongholds (one for each race). Each building within the stronghold represents an aspect of the game like mercenaries or crafting. You can spend your gold to unlock huge upgrades for each of these buildings and enhance the features of HEX that are important to you." Was this turned into sieges or something else?

Friday Update! 5.26.17

"And finally a little bonus art... you have no idea how much lore I have built around this kid, its unreal... he was actually the focus of
      an entire dungeon we haven't done yet (but have finished... art and all)" (this is just above the journy into nightmare art... note he says the dungeon is finished)

Which i assume is related to:

Friday Update! 9.15.17

(there is a HUGE discussion about future az content... sort of implied they are nearly done it too)

Why have we not heard anything about these? Were these false promises to calm us down, or perhaps did they scrap it? There are plenty more examples of things like this out there in streams and all that, but those are very very hard to dig for. But the point still stands: there are things out there hexent has told us they done that we have not heard again of for a very long time. Especially the big blood dragon bit, there seems to be a fair amount of content ready in that post yet 2/3rds of a year later, we have not got a single peep about it.

My question could be bunched into 3 parts: what is going on with these? Were they just put onto the backburner for so long, were they scrapped, were they false promises, were they miscommunications, or are they working on it in secret? Speculation is ok for this part. Secondly, is hexent doing enough work on campaign? Thirdly. i think we can all agree that pve wise hexent's current level of communication is NOT acceptable. What ought we, as a community, do so that we can try to get hexent to keep us up to date with what is being developed campaign wise?