The Eyes of the Heart Collector's Deck Available Now!

• Just yesterday I looked at AA's in the deckbuilder and absolutely salivated over those Lixil AA's. And wadda you know, here they are. Very nice to have an amazing Lixil sleeve now too, she's been my favorite character in Hex for years now. :D

Now how's about you make an Immortal gauntlet so I can run my good old 5-shard necrotic deck again with these sleeves. :P
    • Morwath wrote:

Eh, it could have been competitive Sugar Rush deck for reasonable price (e.g. 50$) instead of Runebind + Eyes of the Heart AA and trash.
      Then it wouldn't have been a 'collector deck', it would've been a 'competitive sugar rush deck' - these decks are PRIMARILY aimed at collectors, not competitive players.

I agree they should offer more options for both entry level and advanced deck purchasing... but collector decks are really intended to be 20 dollars for a few aas and some cards that go with them. ;)

Morwath wrote:

Indeed, they are... but Hex has to improve.
      If they sold them for 50 bucks, even if they WERE more valuable as a result, they'd sell a tenth the copies. Guaranteed. I wouldn't buy ANY for 50 bucks, but I've bought all but two for 20 bucks.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eraia ().

• Eraia wrote:

Morwath wrote:

Eh, it could have been competitive Sugar Rush deck for reasonable price (e.g. 50$) instead of Runebind + Eyes of the Heart AA and trash.
      Then it wouldn't have been a 'collector deck', it would've been a 'competitive sugar rush deck' - these decks are PRIMARILY aimed at collectors, not competitive players.
      I agree they should offer more options for both entry level and advanced deck purchasing... but collector decks are really intended to be 20 dollars for a few aas and some cards that go with them. ;)
      ...but look at Candle collector deck, it had mostly constructed playable cards ( Wrath of Elements AA, Lyvaanth AA, Scion of Lyvaanth AA, Blaze of Glory, Wings of Wax, Choir of Lumos, Runic Candescence, Lumiknight, Wax Dawn, Kindlekit, Winter's Grasp, Acolyte of Flame, Flamelick) and all AAs were constructed playable, now look at this one... They aren't even close.
    • Morwath wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Morwath wrote:

Then it wouldn't have been a 'collector deck', it would've been a 'competitive sugar rush deck' - these decks are PRIMARILY aimed at collectors, not competitive players.I agree they should offer more options for both entry level and advanced deck purchasing... but collector decks are really intended to be 20 dollars for a few aas and some cards that go with them. ;)
      ...but look at Candle collector deck, it had mostly constructed playable cards ( Wrath of Elements AA, Lyvaanth AA, Scion of Lyvaanth AA, Blaze of Glory, Wings of Wax, Choir of Lumos, Runic Candescence, Lumiknight, Wax Dawn, Kindlekit, Winter's Grasp, Acolyte of Flame, Flamelick) and all AAs were constructed playable, now look at this one... They aren't even close.
      And compare that to the Locke deck, or the Librarian, etc.

Not every collector deck needs to be standard competitive viable. Some people play PvE, some play constructed... so perhaps a collector wants a High Joltage AA for some PvE dream they're building. Is it wrong for such to exist? I for one am glad there's a High Joltage AA because I didn't really like the base art, but I want to make a deck for it for PvE.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Eraia wrote:

Morwath wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Morwath wrote:

Then it wouldn't have been a 'collector deck', it would've been a 'competitive sugar rush deck' - these decks are PRIMARILY aimed at collectors, not competitive players.I agree they should offer more options for both entry level and advanced deck purchasing... but collector decks are really intended to be 20 dollars for a few aas and some cards that go with them. ;)
      And compare that to the Locke deck, or the Librarian, etc.
      Not every collector deck needs to be standard competitive viable. Some people play PvE, some play constructed... so perhaps a collector wants a High Joltage AA for some PvE dream they're building. Is it wrong for such to exist? I for one am glad there's a High Joltage AA because I didn't really like the base art, but I want to make a deck for it for PvE.
      I don't think HexEnt needs excuses to throw garbage products at us. If they want to just sell AAs, they could sell AAs as singles in Chark Mart. I will feel rather sorry for any new player who will buy this product thinking cards in it are useful for anything (yes, there are few exceptions).

As long as game doesn't offer any pre constructed decks, collectors deck are the only pre build decks new players can buy, keep that in mind and that this game desperately needs cheap products to enter constructed. Otherwise it's as good as dead.
    • Morwath wrote:

I don't think HexEnt needs excuses to throw garbage products at us. If they want to just sell AAs, they could sell AAs as singles in Chark Mart. I will feel rather sorry for any new player who will buy this product thinking cards in it are useful for anything (yes, there are few exceptions).

As long as game doesn't offer any pre constructed decks, collectors deck are the only pre build decks new players can buy, keep that in mind and that this game desperately needs cheap products to enter constructed. Otherwise it's as good as dead.
      I agree with you. But collector decks are fine as is. They're not intended to be 'cheap products to enter constructed'. They serve a purpose as they are.

I firmly and completely believe they need to add 10 dollar entry level competitive decks, like they had a long time ago, that're built to be budget entry points with logical options for expansion - but those shouldn't have AAs or AAAs and should just be efficient, well crafted budget constructed decks advertised and labeled as EXACTLY that.

• Eraia wrote:

Morwath wrote:

I agree with you. But collector decks are fine as is. They're not intended to be 'cheap products to enter constructed'. They serve a purpose as they are.
      I firmly and completely believe they need to add 10 dollar entry level competitive decks, like they had a long time ago, that're built to be budget entry points with logical options for expansion - but those shouldn't have AAs or AAAs and should just be efficient, well crafted budget constructed decks advertised and labeled as EXACTLY that.
      It's good we agree here. I don't understand why would they prioritize adding another "collector" deck over deck like Yotul (made by Jeff?) and Pathfinder (made by Varanis or AliEldrazi?) in the past, but a bit more pricy and competitive. I wouldn't mind such collectors, IF we would already have good products for new players, I really wouldn't, but in current situation it's rather unacceptable for me.
    • Honestly, if it is aimed at collectors then why make a deck at all? What collector needs or wants more of 90% of that deck? Just charge me 20$ for some really cool AAA and AA. Collectors will still buy. Putting it in deck form also leaves room for new players to stumble on to it and think it is a good idea to buy it. God would they be disappointing with most of the decks on there.

My point:

If you want to sell competitive decks to help new players then do that.

If you want to sell collector AAA and AAs then do that separately.

Please don't try to combine the two.

I would like to add. Absolutely beautiful art on the AAA and the AA High Joltage. Well done.