I've been gone for about a year, and after checking in, I'm a bit disappointed.

• Xylo wrote:

This is not entirely true in my opinion. What the user provides is actually a regular expression (that feature is undocumented as far as I know). While the search applies both to the card name and its text, generally using the beginning (^) and end ($) of string meta-characters is enough to match a specific card name. For instance, "Vampire Prince$" does not match "Vampire Princess" (and "^Kill$" matches "Kill", but not "The Killipede", "Buzzkiller", etc.). For the same reason, you have to search for "S\.P\.A\.M" to reliably match any card with "S.P.A.M" in its name or text, since in regular expressions, the non-escaped "." is a meta-character which matches any character.
      Which is neither documented anywhere nor made clear. I would've expected "" to be the delineator for an exact string as that is the standard used in nearly every search engine.

The lack of an 'exact string' button is a severe flaw, since most end users of a software will not be programmers and will barely be knowledgeable enough to use basic search boolean, much less advanced meta-characters.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Xylo wrote:

Eraia wrote:

1) Searching is extremely inefficient and imprecise. (Try searching for Vampire Prince)
      This is not entirely true in my opinion. What the user provides is actually a regular expression (that feature is undocumented as far as I know). While the search applies both to the card name and its text, generally using the beginning (^) and end ($) of string meta-characters is enough to match a specific card name. For instance, "Vampire Prince$" does not match "Vampire Princess" (and "^Kill$" matches "Kill", but not "The Killipede", "Buzzkiller", etc.). For the same reason, you have to search for "S\.P\.A\.M" to reliably match any card with "S.P.A.M" in its name or text, since in regular expressions, the non-escaped "." is a meta-character which matches any character.
      You simply cannot expect every player to know how to search like that nor it should be this way. Searches are supposed to be easy and instant. Having to add all kind of expression and having to have some sort of tech knowledge is just...wrong way to do a search bar.
    • Xylo wrote:

Eraia wrote:

1) Searching is extremely inefficient and imprecise. (Try searching for Vampire Prince)

Yes, this is undocumented, but great. Too bad they removed it from collection search when they added in search hits for card keywords etc. So you can currently only use it in the Buy screen in addition to Stash/Equipment lists.
    • Wanted to give my opinion since I have been gone for over 2 years from hex also. I just logged back in like a week ago to check this game out again.

First before login back into my PC account I tried out the PS4 ver. The UI is ok but can't seem to load up sub cards listed in bold, and text is small.
      The amount of intro quests locking out the Main menu is annoying. There should be an option to do them later. But the #1 thing that shocked me was there was no PVE campaign or Frost Ring. I then shut the PS4 down and haven't played Hex on it since.

I then re-downloaded hex on my newer PC to try it out. I checked out battle grounds first and this page is way different then I remember there is now a big fire shield. There is 2 types of ladders of some sort. All the pay games seem to be A-sink with poor payouts compared to the draft and daily tournaments I remember. The special tab seems to have those Open constructed tournaments, I never really played constructed much. I did get a system message to join one and it said you can even use a starter deck but when I tried to join their was none listed even tho in my deck editor all the KS starter decks were listed there.

On a Luck note it seems like the left over VIP auto grant packs spawned like 4 set 4 primal for me. I stopped playing at set 3

Frost Ring changed a little, seems like its a little harder to grind. The fun dream deck I had was nerfed by adding thresh holds to the discard part. And the fast aggressive deck works but the AI that had -1 attack now had -3 attack, only loss I had.

Campaign zone 2 Is a blast my only 2 complaints are the gem limit and the deck template doesn't seem to work and keeps wiping out my gems and equipment for mercs.

I Found a wired bug that the Party power of any merc won't work on that merc but will work on your Char or other mercs. EX blood dragon merc won't give his dragons life or -1 cost.

AH is a mess the filters still don't seem to work, I still rely on copy pasting the name of what from another site list.

I'm not shocked to still see no COOP PVE, like the promised 3V1 Raid bosses. This game really needs muti player PVE that will keep the game fresh for a long time along with clans to go with it.

So that's my experience so far. I'll still keep in check with the game and try out some other classes in the PVE.
    • Matadoor wrote:

I did get a system message to join one and it said you can even use a starter deck but when I tried to join their was none listed even tho in my deck editor all the KS starter decks were listed there.
      keep in mind that we had a couple of rotations happened a couple of times now and in standard only sets 5-9 are legal at the moment.

EDIT: Also, I would to join our Wardens of Entrath Discord-Sever: discord.gg/J3488QY
      since a lot of the activity in the community happens there.
      HEX forums resident liker.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ReluxTheRelux ().