I've been gone for about a year, and after checking in, I'm a bit disappointed.

• New

Xylo wrote:

This is not entirely true in my opinion. What the user provides is actually a regular expression (that feature is undocumented as far as I know). While the search applies both to the card name and its text, generally using the beginning (^) and end ($) of string meta-characters is enough to match a specific card name. For instance, "Vampire Prince$" does not match "Vampire Princess" (and "^Kill$" matches "Kill", but not "The Killipede", "Buzzkiller", etc.). For the same reason, you have to search for "S\.P\.A\.M" to reliably match any card with "S.P.A.M" in its name or text, since in regular expressions, the non-escaped "." is a meta-character which matches any character.
      Which is neither documented anywhere nor made clear. I would've expected "" to be the delineator for an exact string as that is the standard used in nearly every search engine.

The lack of an 'exact string' button is a severe flaw, since most end users of a software will not be programmers and will barely be knowledgeable enough to use basic search boolean, much less advanced meta-characters.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • New

Xylo wrote:

Eraia wrote:

1) Searching is extremely inefficient and imprecise. (Try searching for Vampire Prince)
      This is not entirely true in my opinion. What the user provides is actually a regular expression (that feature is undocumented as far as I know). While the search applies both to the card name and its text, generally using the beginning (^) and end ($) of string meta-characters is enough to match a specific card name. For instance, "Vampire Prince$" does not match "Vampire Princess" (and "^Kill$" matches "Kill", but not "The Killipede", "Buzzkiller", etc.). For the same reason, you have to search for "S\.P\.A\.M" to reliably match any card with "S.P.A.M" in its name or text, since in regular expressions, the non-escaped "." is a meta-character which matches any character.
      You simply cannot expect every player to know how to search like that nor it should be this way. Searches are supposed to be easy and instant. Having to add all kind of expression and having to have some sort of tech knowledge is just...wrong way to do a search bar.