I've been gone for about a year, and after checking in, I'm a bit disappointed.

• I've been gone for about a year, and after checking in, I'm a bit disappointed.

New

I was a pretty regular player from the end of the Alpha on forward up until Frost Heart. I had some grumbles about the game, but the reason I left was that I'm too busy working and being a dad to get much gaming time in. I don't have the time to dedicate to a limited format to gain proficiency that I used to, and the constructed options available weren't appealing to me.

I had some downtime today and decided to check back and see what's new and cruise the forums a bit. I was disappointed to find that there still isn't really much to draw me back to the game. I honestly don't know what I was looking for. I guess ideally a real replacement for Constructed Gauntlet. Sieges look alright I guess, but not super appealing. I'm probably still years from being able to do any sort of scheduled tournament.

I'm just one data point, but I'm not feeling any strong pull to get back in the game. Now I feel like I should have cashed out back then and that it's probably not even worth trying to cash out.
    • New

Queue for constructed ladder is pretty good right now, at the expense of a general decrease of the overall level. For limited, it depends. I don't play that much except on set release, where times are mostly great.

AH is the same.

For the OP: it's something we're discussing in the forums a lot in these days. We're literally saying to HXE that we want to play this game more than what we do. And we feel that some things that are not hard to implement can be a huge step in that direction. I don't lose the hope that they'll hear us eventually with all that fuss.
      Twitter: @Plotynus

ZonaHex.com - Un sitio en español sobre Hex! / A spanish site about Hex.
    • New

Queuing time - it became even more annoying. Drafts extremely slow to start but that not the worst. If you win 2 out of 2 and have the last game, by my own experience the minimum waiting for your last game would be around 2h.
      In regards to auction, well it is almost dead. Not possible to sell anything decent, if it is not from current set.
    • New

If you win 2 out of 2 in draft, everybody and their mother just want to split. That's why they don't play.

Also, I've sold a lot of stuff this weekend on the auction house. You can't make the mistake of putting your stuff at the scalper's prices that manipulate cards and expect it to sell.

• New

Plotynus wrote:

For the OP: it's something we're discussing in the forums a lot in these days. We're literally saying to HXE that we want to play this game more than what we do. And we feel that some things that are not hard to implement can be a huge step in that direction. I don't lose the hope that they'll hear us eventually with all that fuss.
      I was quite surprised to see both @schild and @JeffHoogland clamoring for changes that I would appreciate in the game. In the past I would have said that was pretty unlikely, so I see the community feedback is there. Feedback gets addressed, so we know the devs are listening. That has almost always been the case though, and unfortunately it hasn't yielded what I would call results yet. Keep fighting the good fight folks, I'll continue to check in from time to time.
    • New

Meskinandas wrote:

Queuing time - it became even more annoying. Drafts extremely slow to start but that not the worst. If you win 2 out of 2 and have the last game, by my own experience the minimum waiting for your last game would be around 2h.
      In regards to auction, well it is almost dead. Not possible to sell anything decent, if it is not from current set.
      Thanks for the info.
      I tried it today to confirm this. The game has become even more US prime-time-ish. It's almost impossible to play it during asia or early eu time. So, I'll wait some more, maybe it'll change. Hopes, hopes.
    • New

Largashbur wrote:

If you win 2 out of 2 in draft, everybody and their mother just want to split. That's why they don't play.
      Which is a result of horrible reward layout. When only 4-5 players are actually playing the full run, there is no need to be that stingy with the reward. It is so obvious the 2-3 are just using their weekly ticket or whatever other reasons to drop so the 6-2-0-0 structure is bullcrap at this point. Hex can afford to be more generous when not everyone are doing the full run. Maybe it would incentivize people to finish the full run if the rewards are better, then take data and decide again and that point.
    • New

KotoTheMage wrote:

Meskinandas wrote:

Thanks for the info.I tried it today to confirm this. The game has become even more US prime-time-ish. It's almost impossible to play it during asia or early eu time. So, I'll wait some more, maybe it'll change. Hopes, hopes.
      Yeah... its not good during US prime time either. I spent an unreasonable amount of time this evening flipping between 0 win Evo and 0 win draft trying to find anyone to play against. Thank god a draft finally fired so I found someone to play against.
    • New

honestly the people that baffle me the most are the ones that thought async would work in a game with a tiny population. Its a huge hindrance on why i play so little lately, unknown queue times at late hours of the night is unfair. I've given my fair share of 3-0 results due to falling asleep while in queue, its sad that i look forward to losing my first round of a draft so i can find opponents faster
    • New

Cernz wrote:

in b4 thread gets moved into the hidden negative thread land :S
      We encourage feedback of all kinds. Threads are only removed when they violate our policies. In this case you are alluding to, we had a bunch of similar threads posted over a short period which used inflammatory language to bait our users, thereby violating our spam and trolling clauses.

If you are implying that we vanish stuff indiscriminately or don't allow for users to speak their mind, I think a casual exploration of these forums would serve as a fine counter argument.

Be polite, follow our community guidelines and terms, and there will be no problem.
    • New

Shivdaddy wrote:

I dont think many people notice but they are making minor tweaks to the AH for the better. I use the AH every day and it is better than it was 4 or 5 months ago. They are minor but they are QOL upgrades.
      If you polish a turd, it's still a turd....

but it's good that at least they're working on it.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • New

Eraia wrote:

Shivdaddy wrote:

I dont think many people notice but they are making minor tweaks to the AH for the better. I use the AH every day and it is better than it was 4 or 5 months ago. They are minor but they are QOL upgrades.
      If you polish a turd, it's still a turd....
      but it's good that at least they're working on it.
      I get the bid/ask system would be neat, but what is everyone's main issue with AH? I imagine its listing multiple cards at once? I got news for people who think this would help them sell cards. Its hard enough to sell uncommons and commons now with almost no competition, you add in everyone listing all their crap in the AH, sales would be nonexistent. Now maybe that would help bring down the prices of cards for constructed, which would make many people on these boards happy, but I am not sure it would effect the prices of rares as much.
    • New

Shivdaddy wrote:

I get the bid/ask system would be neat, but what is everyone's main issue with AH? I imagine its listing multiple cards at once? I got news for people who think this would help them sell cards. Its hard enough to sell uncommons and commons now with almost no competition, you add in everyone listing all their crap in the AH, sales would be nonexistent. Now maybe that would help bring down the prices of cards for constructed, which would make many people on these boards happy, but I am not sure it would effect the prices of rares as much.
      I've actually never experienced a bid/ask system, so I can't speak for that. I just know that THIS is the worst AH I've ever used in any game.

My personal problems with the AH are the following:

1) Searching is extremely inefficient and imprecise. (Try searching for Vampire Prince)
      2) Equipment listings do not show up for ages - sometimes up to an hour.
      3) You cannot view both listings and your collection at the same time, which means I end up either relying on external resources or spending HOURS listing items.
      4) Lack of historical data visible in-client. In a game where economy is this important, I should not need to go to hexprice or hexsales or whatever other site you want to find out what the last week of sales data is.
      5) Collection load times are ABSURD(and they're way worse from within the AH collection viewer for some reason). I've sat for 30+ seconds waiting for my collection to load on a few occasions.
      6) I have to reload my collection every single time I want to list an item. Even if I have it filtered out.
      7) Entering my collection from the AH and leaving without selecting a card clears all selected filters and takes a ridiculous length of time.
      8) Individual 'listing ended' mails for every item.(a daily summary would be sufficient)
      9) You often cannot view all pages of items you have listed.(some 'ghost pages' exist which can occasionally mean it is impossible to cancel listings)
      10) No integration into collection, meaning I cannot look through my collection and see what cards are worth, or look at cards I'm missing to see if I'd like to buy.

... okay, I think I'll stick to ten. There are more, but I think the fact that I got to 10 without even exhausting my gripes about it....

It's awful. Absolutely awful. And while some of the issues can be solved by minor tweaks, most cannot.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • New

Eraia wrote:

1) Searching is extremely inefficient and imprecise. (Try searching for Vampire Prince)
      2) Equipment listings do not show up for ages - sometimes up to an hour.
      3) You cannot view both listings and your collection at the same time, which means I end up either relying on external resources or spending HOURS listing items.
      4) Lack of historical data visible in-client. In a game where economy is this important, I should not need to go to hexprice or hexsales or whatever other site you want to find out what the last week of sales data is.
      5) Collection load times are ABSURD(and they're way worse from within the AH collection viewer for some reason). I've sat for 30+ seconds waiting for my collection to load on a few occasions.
      6) I have to reload my collection every single time I want to list an item. Even if I have it filtered out.
      7) Entering my collection from the AH and leaving without selecting a card clears all selected filters and takes a ridiculous length of time.
      Individual 'listing ended' mails for every item.(a daily summary would be sufficient)
      9) You often cannot view all pages of items you have listed.(some 'ghost pages' exist which can occasionally mean it is impossible to cancel listings)
      10) No integration into collection, meaning I cannot look through my collection and see what cards are worth, or look at cards I'm missing to see if I'd like to buy.
      Here's my solution, which fixes all or nearly all of your issues and should be relatively low-effort to implement.

1. Get rid of the AH screen.
      2. Add the buy and sell buttons to the collection screen like the PS4 version has. Maybe add some historical data as well.
      3. The buy and sell buttons will instantly buy/sell for the listed price. The price for each card is periodically adjusted by the server based on the number of that card bought and sold.