How to Play Shards the Deckbuilder: Tutorials being streamed every day this week on Twitch

• How to Play Shards the Deckbuilder: Tutorials being streamed every day this week on Twitch

New

This week I will be replacing my normal Twitch streaming schedule with streams of the beta client of Shards the Deckbuilder. The primary focus will be on teaching people how to play along with some simple strategies, but I will also be going into some more advanced strategies now and then.

I have a great deal of experience with deckbuilding games using the Cerberus engine, with playtesting credits in eight published titles that use the system. The strategies I teach are general and can theoretically be used for any future set of Shards the Deckbuilder.

If you want to know more about this new mobile game using the Hex IP, want to learn some tips and tricks before you jump in, or just want to see some of the game in action, come tune in!

I'll be streaming 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. PDT (UTC -7) every day starting today April 14th, until Friday April 20th at twitch.tv/Scammanator
    • New

Morwath wrote:

Mejis wrote:

Cool stuff.

Does this mean any of us that signed up for beta should have access this week? I haven't heard anything since the official beta information email came through several weeks ago.
      I'd join Discord as that beta information email said to do, you will find all answers there.
      i did join the discord immediately after I got the email. But am I expected to keep going back there to see if there's some new info that hasn't been emailed to me??

I.e. Are you saying that if one doesn't keep up with discord then one will miss out on the beta?
    • New

That email specifically said that they'd send out instructions for the beta client via email as well.

There's so much sass on these forums.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • New

Looks like most of the early beta testing is by request on the discord, yeah.

Having watched it on stream a bit now, I'm actually kind of disappointed it uses digital-only mechanics like prophecy. It's a better game for it, but this would've been a perfect opportunity to get a physical game representation of Hex into game stores. CZE's deckbuilders like DC Heroes are ubiquitous in game shops, so this would be an easy addition that could easily attract players to the online game, too.

Maybe at some point they could do a special physical-only expansion. I'd carry it in my store, for sure.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented