Adventure Zone 3?

• For the record, Slay the Spire is great, but I definitely hit a wall after about a week where I decided I didn't need to log in anymore. I put 50-60 hours into that game, but I've put far more into Hex. If Hex had more repeatable content, maybe I'd spend even more time with it. Hex is the better game in my opinion, but Slay the Spire is a worthy diversion.

One thing I'll point out for repeatable content though: Hearthstone's dungeon runs and Slay the Spire games both incorporate random buff items with the relics or random loot. These things generate a 'perfect run' search, where you play the same content over and over looking for the stars to align and let you do the fun thing. Imagine FRA with various permanent buffs you picked up along the way, and harder enemies. It's really a way of extending the lifespan of content artificially, but that can be a good thing. Until you've exhausted the exploration factor and know all the buffs and things to discover, and then you get tired of the game/mode, like I did with Slay the Spire.

The best way to do this for Hex would probably be a draft or artificial draft experience.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

The best way to do this for Hex would probably be a draft or artificial draft experience.
      Evo Dungeon would be the best, I think. It combines the 'limited' format with the 'temporary buffs'... they could even add additional temporary buffs akin to like the kraken dungeon as well.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

KaminOO wrote:

Bawb wrote:

Slay the Spire is a very good example which is completely PvE driven (and loads of fun with loads of potential!)
      I didn't know the game, their rating onsteam is impressive, to say the least.The randomly generated journey (Faster Than Light is a great example too) + endless + roguelike (just end the run, not kill the character) + scoreboard is the combo I am waiting for. AZs are poorly designed, the adventure is always the same, loot is meaningless for the adventure, dying is meaningless, they have to redesign.

FRA has the random encounter system but lacks characters, endless (is it so hard to do ?), scoreboard.
      Honestly, do yourself a favor and get this game...it's sucked 40 hours from me and I've only had it a week.Randomly generated journey - tick.
      Roguelike - tick.
      Scoreboard - tick.
      Endless - not as far as I am aware but there is a lot of game to be had for each run.

I have given up on Hex and can't even stay logged in for more than 5 minutes as there is nothing for this Dungeon Crawler to do. The original vision was what would have made this game unique and a 10/10 but lets face facts...that's in the past and not the future.
      I played Spire about 6 hours. Then I uninstalled it. Fun for a while, but way too simple and casual. In my opinion, it can't hold a candle to HEX, even in this sorry PvE state. Just not what I am looking for, at all. I don't want to see the word "roguelike" near my card game. I am constantly looking, but I still haven't found anything comparable to HEX. This just makes me more depressed because I think all that could have already been. We could be so far ahead of the pack no one could ever catch us in the realm of PvE card games. I'm glad that some people can find good alternatives though.
    • Ertzi wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

KaminOO wrote:

Bawb wrote:

Slay the Spire is a very good example which is completely PvE driven (and loads of fun with loads of potential!)
      I didn't know the game, their rating onsteam is impressive, to say the least.The randomly generated journey (Faster Than Light is a great example too) + endless + roguelike (just end the run, not kill the character) + scoreboard is the combo I am waiting for. AZs are poorly designed, the adventure is always the same, loot is meaningless for the adventure, dying is meaningless, they have to redesign.
      FRA has the random encounter system but lacks characters, endless (is it so hard to do ?), scoreboard.
      Honestly, do yourself a favor and get this game...it's sucked 40 hours from me and I've only had it a week.Randomly generated journey - tick.Roguelike - tick.
      Scoreboard - tick.
      Endless - not as far as I am aware but there is a lot of game to be had for each run.

I have given up on Hex and can't even stay logged in for more than 5 minutes as there is nothing for this Dungeon Crawler to do. The original vision was what would have made this game unique and a 10/10 but lets face facts...that's in the past and not the future.
      I played Spire about 6 hours. Then I uninstalled it. Fun for a while, but way too simple and casual. In my opinion, it can't hold a candle to HEX, even in this sorry PvE state. Just not what I am looking for, at all. I don't want to see the word "roguelike" near my card game. I am constantly looking, but I still haven't found anything comparable to HEX. This just makes me more depressed because I think all that could have already been. We could be so far ahead of the pack no one could ever catch us in the realm of PvE card games. I'm glad that some people can find good alternatives though.
      6 hours doesn't even scratch the surface, honestly there is a huge amount of complexity especially when you get into the Ascension levels which are brutal....but each to their own :)
    • I'm disappointed that there isn't some sort of 'halfway' spot between where we are now and Raids. There has to be something.

I've suggesting in the past a node on the AZ map where a recurring fight happens (zombies overrunning the guards in AZ 1 or the Orcs VS Vennen in AZ 2). PvE players complete the fight and a scoreboard keeps track of damage done, or zombies killed or Orc civilians rescued, etc..

At the end of the week/event/season the whole community is given rewards based off of the event. Individual players are given rewards based off of personal contribution. New cards, equipment, mercs, boards, hell new skins for our character classes.

This gets the PvE community involved collectively in something. I'd log in regularly whenever a new event was announced. Hex could even make several new encounters (i.e. Wandering Ghoul, Raving Zombie, Shambling Corpse) to keep the variety up.
    • Darklight wrote:

I'm disappointed that there isn't some sort of 'halfway' spot between where we are now and Raids. There has to be something.

I've suggesting in the past a node on the AZ map where a recurring fight happens (zombies overrunning the guards in AZ 1 or the Orcs VS Vennen in AZ 2). PvE players complete the fight and a scoreboard keeps track of damage done, or zombies killed or Orc civilians rescued, etc..

At the end of the week/event/season the whole community is given rewards based off of the event. Individual players are given rewards based off of personal contribution. New cards, equipment, mercs, boards, hell new skins for our character classes.

This gets the PvE community involved collectively in something. I'd log in regularly whenever a new event was announced. Hex could even make several new encounters (i.e. Wandering Ghoul, Raving Zombie, Shambling Corpse) to keep the variety up.
      My thought for a 'middle ground' is a sort of 'shared pve boss' where they add a random 'boss fight' that randomly takes the place of any non-final-boss encounter in the campaign(even dungeons), and each person can only beat it once per boss. Fighting it yields small rewards as well as an item you can give to a friend that they can use to guarantee a fight against it, but only takes a way a small portion of the overall boss's health. After x period of time, the boss leaves if not completely beaten, but if completely beaten, everyone who participated in the fight gets an extra reward.

(to refer back to an old suggestion I made: Hex Campaign Suggestions - the 'Scourge of the Overworld' in that thread is basically the same thing as here)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Firellius wrote:

we need weekly events to encourage wacky deckbuilding...

Design-wise, it's not that hard. Gems of War did it, and they have a ton of amazing ideas about how to make it all work, how to get players to keep building
      Sorry to choose only these few sentences from the post, but i think it's important AND easy to do. Lots of games doing this, and even a small weekly content would be fine. Possibly something we can play with our mercenaries/PVE champs, even if not in every week.

And it could be also used to give us some additional lore by showcasing events/characters, as HEX supposed to have a lore...

It doesn't even need valuable rewards, as many of us already has a lot of cards/mercenaries/etc., but no real reason to play them.

For me, even some AA commons, gold or PVE cards would do (which may be thematic for that week's encounter) ... or a sleeve (as we already have thousands of card art which is not available as sleeve yet)

also, they MUST fix AH ASAP, as it is long overdue, and it's needed to support the wacky deckbuilding.
    • Just pvp events using other mercs, some premade decks, some you build, that reward a full art sleeve for the merc and some other low cost rewards / or no other rewards would be fun. They can just be an option to play silly broken things. The more free it is the less pressure there is to balanced it. Once they've cycled through enough of them and maybe removed some gold (rather than plat) from the market, they could just add it to challenge mode / create a casual tab for it and make current one competitive.