Adventure Zone 3?

• Lots of players joined Hex for it's PVE aspect.Most of the players in the guild I'm in were mostly for PVE and now most of them
      have abandoned the game.What adds to it is the total lack of communication regarding PVE,we have no idea what is developed regarding
      PVE at all or if it's completely abandoned at this point or even if any resources at all are invested in it.
      The communication from Hex is horrible.Nothing at all from them.Will we get raids or AZ3 this year?next year?ever?what is their vision,goals and
      time table for them?Have they abandoned it since it doesn't make money like PVP?

We don't know if or when we will get AZ3 or raids,or keeps or any of the other features promised long ago in the vision we were shown during
      the kickstarter period.I joined Hex for PVE,while I like PVP it's beginning to feel like a never ending hamster wheel where Hex is throwing more stuff to
      chase via new sets,new kismet packs as a gold sink or future grind cosmic games to get coins or siege to get tokens to roll on random
      RNG table or chasing rare sleeves and battleboards from tournaments.

We got siege,I don't consider it as PVE and I don't like,it's another gold sink and I don't like the odds of attacking 3 fully equipped decks with PVE cards
      with PVP decks.The last arena update increased the difficulty and nerfed terrormill deck and gave rise to other non interactive decks like cartomancy and dream auction.
      Hogarth is still unbalanced and non fun encounter.AZ2 is about 2 years old at this point.

PVP is working,it has regular release schedule.Now what about PVE?
    • RoyG wrote:

Lots of players joined Hex for it's PVE aspect.Most of the players in the guild I'm in were mostly for PVE and now most of them
      have abandoned the game.What adds to it is the total lack of communication regarding PVE,we have no idea what is developed regarding
      PVE at all or if it's completely abandoned at this point or even if any resources at all are invested in it.
      The communication from Hex is horrible.Nothing at all from them.Will we get raids or AZ3 this year?next year?ever?what is their vision,goals and
      time table for them?Have they abandoned it since it doesn't make money like PVP?

We don't know if or when we will get AZ3 or raids,or keeps or any of the other features promised long ago in the vision we were shown during
      the kickstarter period.I joined Hex for PVE,while I like PVP it's beginning to feel like a never ending hamster wheel where Hex is throwing more stuff to
      chase via new sets,new kismet packs as a gold sink or future grind cosmic games to get coins or siege to get tokens to roll on random
      RNG table or chasing rare sleeves and battleboards from tournaments.

We got siege,I don't consider it as PVE and I don't like,it's another gold sink and I don't like the odds of attacking 3 fully equipped decks with PVE cards
      with PVP decks.The last arena update increased the difficulty and nerfed terrormill deck and gave rise to other non interactive decks like cartomancy and dream auction.
      Hogarth is still unbalanced and non fun encounter.AZ2 is about 2 years old at this point.

PVP is working,it has regular release schedule.Now what about PVE?
      Preach
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • They don't even really NEED to do AZ3 to keep me happy.

When they release a new expansion just add one new dungeon to AZ2. Use the opportunity to showcase all the new shiny cards and mechanics of the new release. It would be fantastic advertising for the new set. PVE folks would get 6-8 new encounters 3 times a year (or whatever the release schedule is) Not enough to satisfy everyone, no. Those folks won't be satisfied until every promise is kept. But, for most of us, just this little bone tossed our way would be amazing. And I think would be pretty easy to implement and also worthwhile as I believe if done right would help spur interest in buying the new packs.

Is this really that much to ask for?
    • JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

They don't even really NEED to do AZ3 to keep me happy.

When they release a new expansion just add one new dungeon to AZ2. Use the opportunity to showcase all the new shiny cards and mechanics of the new release. It would be fantastic advertising for the new set. PVE folks would get 6-8 new encounters 3 times a year (or whatever the release schedule is) Not enough to satisfy everyone, no. Those folks won't be satisfied until every promise is kept. But, for most of us, just this little bone tossed our way would be amazing. And I think would be pretty easy to implement and also worthwhile as I believe if done right would help spur interest in buying the new packs.

Is this really that much to ask for?
      I doubt 'most of us' would be happy with 3 additional dungeons a year, 'most of us' would probably be happy with 3 additional *raids* per year though....not all promises, just one.
    • Morwath wrote:

I would be happy, if I could use my campaign champions in FRA...
      Yeah a lot of PvE players have been asking for this. My guess is they won't allow it because there are a few mercs who are so OP they would clear the FRA way faster than what is possible currently. A real shame to be honest.

Another thing I was thinking about myself is that more and more card games are focussing on PvE. Slay the Spire is a very good example which is completely PvE driven (and loads of fun with loads of potential!), but even Hearthstone is investing more and more in things like Dungeon Runs. I know Gwent is investing in PvE and ES: legends also releases paid PvE content from time to time. All the while Hex SEEMS actually less invested in PvE than it was before, and are now more or less aiming towards hybrid solutions like Keeps. (notice I use the word seems, since we do not actually know what the plans for PvE are).

So what will this mean for the future PvE for Hex? Personally, I don't see a bright future. The PvE player base keeps shrinking and an often stated reason for leaving is too long wait times for new content and another game (such as Slay the Spire) that excited that particular player more than Hex. I believe Hex will fall behind on the PvE aspects compared to other card games eventually, even though the AZs are the most elaborate and expansive content for PvE in a card game currently. Other game companies have acknowledged the power of PvE experiences in card games, and seem to have much faster development cycles than Hex does. HS updates Dungeon Runs every time a new expansion launches and, considering the (World of) Warcraft universe, will have endless possibilities to develop PvE content. From staying with Dungeon Runs, to launching a completely different game if PvE card games are deemed a worthy investment as a game company. Slay the Spire has had too many updates over the last few months to even name here, and will launch a new class soon. After that, I am curious what they will put their focus on, but from how they've developed the game so far, I feel very optimistic about it. Faeria launched co-op in their first expansion which seemed like a good start and was reviewed well. If this trend continues, in a few years these games will have an incredible amount of PvE content while Hex may finally have released AZ3 by then and keeps might allow a few PvE cards by then. The FRA might have a few more encounters and more loot, but I don't foresee any big changes there either.

I've had loads of fun playing Hex, and did some ladder with a budget deck and ran 10+ evo's each set mainly to aqcuire enough cards from the new expansion to boost my PvE experience. My activity has dwindled since a few months to browsing this forum once or twice every week to see what's new. A shame, because the game still holds so much potential for players like me.
    • Bawb wrote:

Morwath wrote:

I would be happy, if I could use my campaign champions in FRA...
      Yeah a lot of PvE players have been asking for this. My guess is they won't allow it because there are a few mercs who are so OP they would clear the FRA way faster than what is possible currently. A real shame to be honest.
      It would be fine without Mercs for me, and in worst case, if they would want to make Mercs avalible in FRA they would have to nerf just few Mercs that trivialize PvE experience.
    • I just want some form of replayable random game mode for my pve characters. FRA would work, a new dungeon with random nodes and bosses would work... but something. Somewhere I can take the PvE characters I built and play them in a random environment where I can level them and enjoy them without just running the same dungeon over and over again.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

I just want some form of replayable random game mode for my pve characters. FRA would work, a new dungeon with random nodes and bosses would work... but something. Somewhere I can take the PvE characters I built and play them in a random environment where I can level them and enjoy them without just running the same dungeon over and over again.
      Like the endless dungeon with a scoreboard that resets at the end of eack week.
      The people who got farthest in the top 10 win something.
      Maybe add some random effects to it so that each week people are forced to test new deck and they cant farm it with the same deck each week (anti mill week, anti rush week, anti control week etc)

Or this week only wild decks with cost 4 or less are allowed etc
    • I get the impression that the devs are hoping the game will stay afloat on promises only. It's been over a year since the release of the last piece of PvE-focused content, and there is none on the horizon. AZ3 was, if I recall correctly, stated to be a hard maybe for 2018.

All the while, I also think the window of opportunity is closing, too. As others have mentioned, the market that HEX exposed, of people looking for a PvE TCG/CCG experience, is getting filled up by devs that are putting in more time and effort towards it. It remains to be seen if they keep their enthousiasm, but I do feel if HXE doesn't make a move -now-, eventually they will lose their niche as a PvE-able card game, and will be left as a clone of MTG and will have to compete with that commercial cannon.

There's potential, absolutely. But potential alone isn't going to cut it. The devs need to put in the work to get it off the ground. We need AZ3, we need co-op, raids, we need randomisation, we need player-generated content that we do -not- need to pay to play and that we do -not- need to netdeck for, we need randomised dungeons, we need weekly events to encourage wacky deckbuilding...

Design-wise, it's not that hard. Gems of War did it, and they have a ton of amazing ideas about how to make it all work, how to get players to keep building.

And HEX should've done that half a year ago.

I'll keep waiting for a bit more, ever hopeful, but... Every time I visit these forums, I lose a little more hope. HEX PvE is looking more and more like abandonware.
    • Reading this thread compels me to make another cathartic post. Time for some forlorn thoughts.

I am actually contemplating on setting a hard deadline for Raids / co-op content. It would be "if there is no concrete progression or published date for releasing them at the end of 2019, I will abandon HEX". This would be an incredibly huge step for me, because I actually do what I promise. I'm not sure I can detach myself from HEX otherwise. I'm too committed emotionally and money-wise. What is slowly increasing my resentment towards HexEnt is the suspicion they knowingly string us PvE-minded players along. They won't come out and say that PvE is all but dead, even though they might internally lean that way, because they know people like me would drop the game instantly after that. They still want my money, and the sad part is I am still investing in the game, hoping against all hope that even some small part of the glory of PvE that was promised with Kickstarter will some day be realized. But holy fuck is it becoming hard to love HEX in my shoes.

HEX feels like an obligation now. Oh look, another tournament or PvP mode. Oh, another set. I guess I'll buy some packs again, because I have always done that. You never know, that big PvE expansion might be right around the corner. Better buy some new toys. But it never is. All we get is more PvP. I will be completely honest, the only thing keeping me around right now is the enormous sum of money I have poured into my account. If I suspected I could recoup even 50% of my investment, I would cash out right now. However, I reckon I would at most get about $1500, which is not even in the ballpark of what I would be willing to accept. So, in a way, HEX's current sad state regarding collection value is actually keeping me around. My collection represents years of painstaking work to me, and I will rather let it rot forever than sell it for 20% of what it's worth. I have my goddamn principles. So I guess I keep lurking about.

I might actually be happier if HEX simply vanished overnight. At this point, it would feel like a burden was lifted. "Okay, shit, I lost a lot of money. Well I tried believing in a unique, groundbreaking concept and a passionate CEO. Oh well, lesson learned. I will never invest in another promise in the gaming world again. Such is life. Time to move on." But you see, I CANNOT. Not while this slow PvE death is going on. Whoever is baffled by this, you will never understand this feeling if you haven't spent thousands on the game. I don't care if you have spent a few hundred. The stakes are completely different. I would be gone in that case already. I have spent that many times for hobbies lasting way less than HEX. Because of my naive belief (and it was that, as I had never before backed anything via crowdsourcing, so I had no idea what to expect - I honestly believed we would get what was promised), I am dangling on a hook with no escape. Until HexEnt finally either admits the PvE dream is dead OR delivers the next big PvE feature so I know they are still being developed. Words mean nothing to me at this point. They used to. Some tweaks to FRA or a new quasi-PvP mode mean nothing to me. I am here for the MMORPG part. I need co-op, raids, guilds, immersive world, steady stream of new areas to explore, new adventures to discover etc.

Please, HexEnt, I implore you. Give us some kind of roadmap for real PvE or officially cancel the development and concentrate on PvP alone. I'm too disheartened to even be mad at this point if you kill PvE, but this silence is torture. I can't take several more years of this. So I contemplate.
    • I don't think I'd cash out my collection (if simply because it would be more time than I care to bother and I don't need the cash) but I'm pretty close to the point where I just stop bothering to check in. I've been keeping up with hextcg.com and the forums basically every weekday for years and the glacial progress and dwindling-on-the-vine potential have successfully winnowed and withered my interest at this point.

I don't log on to do anything but collect seasonal sleeves and VIP packs (ha, silly me, I'm still in for a year+ on VIP too and I have never attended a VIP tournament since Hex launched. Silly me.) I've been expiring weekly draft tickets since the change to asynch draft, so however many that has ended up being. I was briefly stoked for Siege until it turned into a massive chore for minimal entertainment after spending cash and hours of effort to make interesting decks only to have the AI be braindead and the keeps steamrolled by candle aggro within half an hour of posting defenses... and then having to manually re-up them to rinse and repeat.

TCGBrowser clocks my collection at 58 million gold, for whatever that is actually worth in the grand scheme of things; I've put way more cash and time into the game than I'd care to take full stock of at this point, but it's sad that I'm not even angry about it anymore--2018 has been the process of arriving at the ultimate conclusion that I just don't care anymore.
    • I complain but more because I think we should see something by now then anything the lack of communication is the forums fault. We bitch with no info so they say nothing we bitch when they give us info. While I think Hex should start spoiling Campaign oriented progress constantly bitching has put us in a corner so we get no info.
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • OzawaWanderer wrote:

I complain but more because I think we should see something by now then anything the lack of communication is the forums fault. We bitch with no info so they say nothing we bitch when they give us info. While I think Hex should start spoiling Campaign oriented progress constantly bitching has put us in a corner so we get no info.
      No, Ozawa. No. Hex's poor responses to people online complaining are not the people complaining's fault. It's Hex's fault.

Riot gets more bitching than any company. The amount of bitching on Riot's forums probably eclipses this forum by an exponential factor. Yet they still push through it and offer amazing levels of communication and interaction.

Hex saw complaining and overreacted to it, receding inside their shell. But the reality is... people on the internet will complain. Why? Because it is impossible to please everyone at any given time, and the people you don't please will complain. Hex should see this complaining as a sign of people being passionate(or at least interested) about their product and take it in stride... not use it as an excuse to justify an awful communication policy.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Bawb wrote:

Slay the Spire is a very good example which is completely PvE driven (and loads of fun with loads of potential!)
      I didn't know the game, their rating onsteam is impressive, to say the least.

The randomly generated journey (Faster Than Light is a great example too) + endless + roguelike (just end the run, not kill the character) + scoreboard is the combo I am waiting for. AZs are poorly designed, the adventure is always the same, loot is meaningless for the adventure, dying is meaningless, they have to redesign.

FRA has the random encounter system but lacks characters, endless (is it so hard to do ?), scoreboard.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KaminOO ().

• I think hexent should calm down a bit on the 4 months per pvp set. The release style of the past few sets seems like they are kind of rushing it, although I don't know. Less time on PvP, more for PvE and other items or hire some more devs. Giving themselves some more time to work on things other than pvp sets will let things other than pvp sets be developed faster.

Other important things:

-fix ah (other methods to make constructed cheaper)

-better new player experience

-fix bugs

-make pvp modes ques, not scheduled tournies

If hexent can get this list of things done in a timely manner, this would make so many more people happy
    • KaminOO wrote:

Bawb wrote:

Slay the Spire is a very good example which is completely PvE driven (and loads of fun with loads of potential!)
      I didn't know the game, their rating onsteam is impressive, to say the least.
      The randomly generated journey (Faster Than Light is a great example too) + endless + roguelike (just end the run, not kill the character) + scoreboard is the combo I am waiting for. AZs are poorly designed, the adventure is always the same, loot is meaningless for the adventure, dying is meaningless, they have to redesign.

FRA has the random encounter system but lacks characters, endless (is it so hard to do ?), scoreboard.
      Honestly, do yourself a favor and get this game...it's sucked 40 hours from me and I've only had it a week.
      Randomly generated journey - tick.
      Roguelike - tick.
      Scoreboard - tick.
      Endless - not as far as I am aware but there is a lot of game to be had for each run.

I have given up on Hex and can't even stay logged in for more than 5 minutes as there is nothing for this Dungeon Crawler to do. The original vision was what would have made this game unique and a 10/10 but lets face facts...that's in the past and not the future.
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Honestly, do yourself a favor and get this game...it's sucked 40 hours from me and I've only had it a week.
      Randomly generated journey - tick.
      Roguelike - tick.
      Scoreboard - tick.
      Endless - not as far as I am aware but there is a lot of game to be had for each run.

I have given up on Hex and can't even stay logged in for more than 5 minutes as there is nothing for this Dungeon Crawler to do. The original vision was what would have made this game unique and a 10/10 but lets face facts...that's in the past and not the future.
      Ya, once they release off-steam, I'm giving it a try too. I've watched a few people play it and looks really fun.

• OzawaWanderer wrote:

I complain but more because I think we should see something by now then anything the lack of communication is the forums fault. We bitch with no info so they say nothing we bitch when they give us info. While I think Hex should start spoiling Campaign oriented progress constantly bitching has put us in a corner so we get no info.
      Hex community is barely bitching about anything...