Adventure Zone 3?

• Yes! Spend one year of engineering for a content that people here will do in 2 days, pay nothing for it and then scream for the next piece in 2 months.

Btw, that's exactly why they dropped for now the yearly AZ release. I think more PvE content is always great, but it's clear that they still dont know very well how to design it. If it were only designing dungeons and nodes i'm sure they can pull a big one fairly quickly. But that wont do much for the game, even for the PvE players.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Plotynus wrote:

Yes! Spend one year of engineering for a content that people here will do in 2 days, pay nothing for it and then scream for the next piece in 2 months.

Btw, that's exactly why they dropped for now the yearly AZ release. I think more PvE content is always great, but it's clear that they still dont know very well how to design it. If it were only designing dungeons and nodes i'm sure they can pull a big one fairly quickly. But that wont do much for the game, even for the PvE players.
      Pve should of never come out zone per zone. It should of been an full fledge game that brings you to level 50 at the minimum and then grow with expansions ( like wow).

Lots of things went bad and it will probably stay as is for a very long time
    • The main issue lies in difficulty. They dont know how to make an encounter challenging without overtuning the OP deck. If its too hard, people gets frustratedand complains, like with FRA. If its too easy, its pure BS.

Thats why I think Siege could be the beginning of something cool for the game, as its a mode that could do some things that right now we dont have.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • For their talks about building buckets way back when, I think it's fair to expect their ability to improve much beyond 1-per-year. It's just not a priority for them. Or, they're obsessed with building buckets. Hex apparently is the sort of company that's not able to accept a regular release, and always wants to do something spectacular to 1-up the previous release. In AZ2 they had to have that whole boat nonsense. With recent sets of PvP, we've had those portal/entity cards being animated art, and we've got the fuse stuff with this release. They want to keep doing new crazy things, instead of reusing their old buckets.

To be fair, they've gotten great mileage out of mercenaries. It's one aspect I've been happy they've kept up with (though I would complain that most of the new-set-mercs are far too linear.) A new AZ3 at this point would be a welcome addition of new encounters to play with, but right now I'd like to see them focus on filling out the original character roster of warlock and rogue, and eventually get the level cap up to 30.

People say AZs aren't worth the development time because people burn through it too fast, but face it: we've stretched two AZs since the first real PvE release. I'd say they have a decent longevity.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Plotynus wrote:

Yes! Spend one year of engineering for a content that people here will do in 2 days, pay nothing for it and then scream for the next piece in 2 months.

Just because previous AZ's have little replayability value other than farming Gold or farming a playset for each card yourself, it doesn't mean that there are no ways to create the future AZ's to have some replayability.

For example, adding the 2 missing classes would increase the longevity of any future AZ by 33%. Plus you'd have to run them (the two new characters) through previous AZ's first.
    • Plotynus wrote:

The trick is not just spam content, its replayability of that content.
      It does not matter if people can finish the content in 2 days or 2 weeks aslong as it has a nice replayability (difficulty modes, daily's and/or weekly's).
      classes that feel differently, some part of the story that changes depending on player picks. etc etc

Needle wrote:

Uzume wrote:

Now that a new block of pvp sets are complete, is there going to be a new adventure zone or is on the back-burner for the unforeseeable future?
      PVE is dead, HXE has abandoned it long time ago.So if you like pvp then stay, otherwise move on to other games.
      PvE is far from death, siege was intended as part of AZ3 and is a testing feature, also it IS in its baby shoes as its yet to be extended, atleast they brought it out so we could test and assist with it.
      The last few months they have said more about PvE than they did in 2017.
      Lets just hope they keep that up .
    • PvE with high replayability that has been updated with Set 7, Set 8 and Set 9 = FRA.

Why do people always discount FRA updates as "PvE is not getting any support anymore"?

And that is not even taking into account Siege, which is quite unique new fun to be had with PvE cards and equipment, like Frederik has also pointed out.
    • I know I prefer the deckbuilding from campaign better. The characters and talents are really neat, and mercenaries are fun. Neither of those work in FRA. Also, I usually only use my best decks in FRA because of the chance of running into Uruunaz.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Largashbur wrote:

PvE with high replayability that has been updated with Set 7, Set 8 and Set 9 = FRA.

Why do people always discount FRA updates as "PvE is not getting any support anymore"?

And that is not even taking into account Siege, which is quite unique new fun to be had with PvE cards and equipment, like Frederik has also pointed out.
      Cuz we can't use our Champions from Campaign
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • Largashbur wrote:

PvE with high replayability that has been updated with Set 7, Set 8 and Set 9 = FRA.

Because Arena is not what we were expecting when the kickstarter was launched and founded
    • Largashbur wrote:

Because the reply's above.
      Because Cory never keeps his promises regarding PVE.
      Because PVP get's much more love then PVE, only because HXE is to stupid to set up PVE correctly, including a monatizing system and still be F2P.
    • Hex is decent I don't want to throw them under the robot but you gotta admit we get nothing but PVE is hard" as a defense towards not having regular content I get designing pve cards and content be harder then PvP but AZ2 was last year and half way to 5th month of year and all we get is siege and FRA 2.0. What most of us pvers joined for was campaign and raids Gauntlet Mode is technically PVE your right Siege is wild west we're ever gonna get but it is not Campaign. We also still don't have the other two classes and some of us been wanting to be a Warlock since set 1. But they told us nope can't add Ranger Warlock and Rogue to AZ1 we rather give AZ1 now then wait longer. Come on been long enough surely you've designed all talents for Rogue and Warlock by now? Or are we OCding over Set 10?
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • OzawaWanderer wrote:

Hex is decent I don't want to throw them under the robot but you gotta admit we get nothing but PVE is hard" as a defense towards not having regular content I get designing pve cards and content be harder then PvP but AZ2 was last year and half way to 5th month of year and all we get is siege and FRA 2.0. What most of us pvers joined for was campaign and raids Gauntlet Mode is technically PVE your right Siege is wild west we're ever gonna get but it is not Campaign. We also still don't have the other two classes and some of us been wanting to be a Warlock since set 1. But they told us nope can't add Ranger Warlock and Rogue to AZ1 we rather give AZ1 now then wait longer. Come on been long enough surely you've designed all talents for Rogue and Warlock by now? Or are we OCding over Set 10?
      I cant fully disagree here as i would lopve to have raids, the other classes and more AZ's
      but be honest the last few months they improved on communication and hopefully realized how important PvE is for the game.
      Ever since that mega topic in december they have done siege and some improvements for FRA.
      Is it perfect, no. Do we want more. Yes. but lets be patient for a little whyle longer and give them a last chance.