Adventure Zone 3?

• Edswor wrote:

Shinjica wrote:

Uzume wrote:

Now that a new block of pvp sets are complete, is there going to be a new adventure zone or is on the back-burner for the unforeseeable future?
      soon™
      Not in this case. If I'm not mistaken, Cory said that Raids will come before AZ3, so I think the next big PvE release will be Raids (let's hope this year).
      Well the first raid ever hinted at was The Kraken.
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • Uzume wrote:

Now that a new block of pvp sets are complete, is there going to be a new adventure zone or is on the back-burner for the unforeseeable future?
      It is not even planned yet, so 2020 at the earliest, if ever. Raids may come in 2018, but I wouldn't bet anything on it. More likely 2019.

Since 2016 only a reworked (and still unenjoyable) FRA what we got as new PVE content, so the PVE part of the game is definitely on the back-burner.
    • There is no way on earth that Raids drop in 2018; the last check-in multiplayer coding hadn't even begun and now multiple interviews have wrestled with the conundrum that workshopping the actual execution of cramming > 2 participants into a match and making it fun + functional is a hurdle.

Expect the next drop to be cosmic / siege rewards + tablet port around the same vicinity. If we see AZ3 this year, I'd wager it will be in the back half of the year--but I continue to be confident that we won't see AZ3 surface until HXE is ready to drop the 'entire' campaign rework and roll it out to PS4 players too.
    • Blackwood wrote:

If we see AZ3 this year
      Simply impossible. Since raids were promised before AZ3, and even raids are mostly daydreaming as a 2018 release.

In this year I think we get the cosmic/siege rewards (possibly in Q2 - early Q3), 2 new PVP sets, updated account leveling rewards, and that's all.

Possibly (god forbid) a few new overtuned encounters into the FRA with themes from the next 2 PVP set.
    • Asfar as i know siege was linked to keeps and crafting which on itself was linked to AZ3.
      Now i am not claiming that they will do AZ3 or raids first neither am i claiming that either of them will happen in 2018 (just hoping).
      However i do believe that if we dont see 1 of them end 2018 that 1 of them will fall in the first quarter of 2019.
      Lets just hope they keep communicating asmuch as possible about PvE till than.

PS: this is not to make people angry nor is this legit information (its my opinion) that doing the tablet port now will have a negative effect on them.
      They will have yet another console on which they have to do bugtesting/maintainance / updating etc and they wont really get any new players that way.
      As for PS4 hex PvE i believe they stated in the past that IF they ever do that they will probably do a reworked stand alone version for the PS4
    • The PS4 release proved to be a substantial injection of active players that gave the dwindling playerbase activity a shot in the arm; it's reasonable to expect that a tablet release for Hex will lead to another substantial injection of active players. Whether or not either will, long-term, affect dwindling activity only time will tell.
    • Edswor wrote:

Shinjica wrote:

Uzume wrote:

soon™
      Not in this case. If I'm not mistaken, Cory said that Raids will come before AZ3, so I think the next big PvE release will be Raids (let's hope this year).
      can you tell me where he said this? I don't recall Cory ever saying this and it would surprise me a great deal if he did
    • Sukebe wrote:

Edswor wrote:

Shinjica wrote:

Uzume wrote:

soon™
      can you tell me where he said this? I don't recall Cory ever saying this and it would surprise me a great deal if he did
      I don't think it was a definite statement. But I do recall an interview where he said something to the effect of "Its likely that multiplayer/raids would do more to bring in new players than adding more content to the existing campaign. And so maybe we should be focusing on getting raids in place before continuing to expand the campaign."
    • Mystery wrote:

Sukebe wrote:

Edswor wrote:

Shinjica wrote:

Uzume wrote:

soon™
      I don't think it was a definite statement. But I do recall an interview where he said something to the effect of "Its likely that multiplayer/raids would do more to bring in new players than adding more content to the existing campaign. And so maybe we should be focusing on getting raids in place before continuing to expand the campaign."
      This.

People think that because he said that, that means Raids is next... I would not hold my breath.
    • No way we get AZ3 before Q4 2019. Even that is pretty hopeful I think.

If we get co-op Raids this year, I will fucking do backflips off my balcony, but I give this approximately 1.4% chance. Not impossible though, which is already a huge progress from the previous few years.

Just keepin' it real here based on development history. I truly hope I am wrong.
    • New

Once a year PvE content doesn't seem like an unrealistic expectation. Someday, probably right before George R.R. Martin's next book drops, all the AZ's through 6 will be complete. At that point, they'll have to periodically inject new content. Be it new campaign or stand alone dungeons, raids, challenge modes, etc. Any year they can't pump out major content, something of this nature could still help renew interest and energize the player base. The FRA update does serve that purpose for the time being, as it includes a plethora of new cards and opponents. Still, FRA updates are not quite as exciting as wholly new content and will only scratch the itch for so long.
    • New

ShinGuard wrote:

Once a year PvE content doesn't seem like an unrealistic expectation. Someday, probably right before George R.R. Martin's next book drops, all the AZ's through 6 will be complete. At that point, they'll have to periodically inject new content. Be it new campaign or stand alone dungeons, raids, challenge modes, etc. Any year they can't pump out major content, something of this nature could still help renew interest and energize the player base. The FRA update does serve that purpose for the time being, as it includes a plethora of new cards and opponents. Still, FRA updates are not quite as exciting as wholly new content and will only scratch the itch for so long.
      I could not agree more.

I don't play alot of Pve because it feels incomplete.

Having 1 major release (AZ) every year and 1 Minor release (more zones to the existing AZ for example) would be perfect.

But I think their team size + dedication of ressources is pretty much limited to PVP (which is not going as expected as I can see)

For anyone that plays pve, I would not hold my breath for any big content.