Account Leveling Rewards Update

• Why not just add the new AA's to the same tiers. That way, you get a new shiny card for PVE / PVP, and a new shiny card just for PVE. If you are already past the 25, 50, 75 levels, grant them retroactively. Then for the 100+ levels, just have the new ones. Personally, I would love to get the Dark Hearts, but I am only around level 41 and do not get to play nearly as much as I would like so unless I'm buying them I won't likely obtain them.

Or I really like the coin idea. You can even hand out 1 coin on each level 22-25, 2 coins at 47 - 50... and then have the pool of common AA's be 1 coin, uncommon 2, rare 3, and legendary 4. That way, you can have a playset of the a common at 25, or a single legendary at 25.
      While an Ace in the hole is good, two Aces are better...
    • Hey everyone,

It’s been a busy day here, but I wanted to chime in on this ongoing conversation.
      First, I appreciate all the impassioned yet focused feedback on this topic. As you can probably tell from these conversations, it was difficult to find a simple implementation that would result in everyone being totally happy. We chose the method we did because we believed it had the fewest negative impacts across all ranges of players, while not being a heavy burden on our resources – the more time we fuss with old systems like this the less time we have for designing, developing, and improving other important features.

One small detail that may not have been super apparent, based on some of the comments I’ve read, is that the amount of experience required to reach the next level-up becomes a steady value around level 40. (We don’t use an exponential XP curve for account levels, which is common in many other games.) The amount of XP to level will even out fairly quickly after the first 25 levels, then it becomes perfectly flat after 40. This trend will continue past level 100. So, getting to level 200 will not be tremendously more difficult than it is to ascend the first 100 levels and you should be getting rewards at a very similar pace.

With all of that said, please keep the civil discourse going. We will be listening to your reactions, both now and as the updates go live, and will be thinking about what the best course is for future updates to the system. Thanks!
    • The way I'd do it would be to keep the old cards and add the new ones, but prioritize the new ones. So a player currently at 100 would get the new level 50 reward at 150. A player currently at level 40 would get the new level 50 reward at 50 and the old one at 150.
    • To be fair i was against account leveling with AA rewards from the beginning, and this change solidifies my original stance. Had it been a random AA from a pool of cards, like the random sleeves reward maybe that would be fine since then you can continuously add to the pool and never affect the rewards
    • HEXSirSleepy wrote:

One small detail that may not have been super apparent, based on some of the comments I’ve read, is that the amount of experience required to reach the next level-up becomes a steady value around level 40. (We don’t use an exponential XP curve for account levels, which is common in many other games.) The amount of XP to level will even out fairly quickly after the first 25 levels, then it becomes perfectly flat after 40. This trend will continue past level 100. So, getting to level 200 will not be tremendously more difficult than it is to ascend the first 100 levels and you should be getting rewards at a very similar pace.

Kind of irrelevant. A player at level 96 will still be able to get very pricy AA cards before any player who reach level 100 not so long ago.

Doing that way you are rewarding players who play less and not more : inconsistent with the initial purpose of the system and very unfair for the most active players of the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gregangel ().

• Vroengard wrote:

Gregangel wrote:

Doing that way you are rewarding players who play less
      You post that in a thread about an article saying however's not hit the UW Crusader AAs or DH AAs by the time the roll comes they won't be able to get them by themselves.

And ? a player who race the level ladder get the rewards, and faster the climb is more valuable the reward is. The ones who don't play enough and as often as they should to get it, don't derserv it. This is fair. effort+spending+ win rate tied to amount of rewards.

Rewarding someone who play less often with a AA legendary, who will cost like 35 bucks, more than very dedicated players (because when they will hit the legendary the market will be already flood by it) is not fair at all.
    • Gregangel wrote:

And ? a player who race the level ladder get the rewards, and faster the climb is more valuable the reward is. The ones who don't play enough and as often as they should to get it, don't derserv it. This is fair. effort+spending tied to amount of rewards.

Rewarding someone who play less often with a AA legendary, who will cost like 35 bucks more than very dedicated players is not fair at all.
      I don't agree with you, because the player who play less DOES deserve the price as much as the player who plays more (they have spent the same amount of time to get to level 100).

Also, this change does not reward more the slower player. If he is 96 when the change comes, he lose the opportunity to obtain the old AA, he just obtain the new AA first.
    • Edswor wrote:

I don't agree with you, because the player who play less DOES deserve the price as much as the player who plays more (they have spent the same amount of time to get to level 100).

Also, this change does not reward more the slower player. If he is 96 when the change comes, he lose the opportunity to obtain the old AA, he just obtain the new AA first.

Here the catch :
      A player who play less won't get as much as the player who play more, He will get much more price-wise. A player who reach level 100 one week ago could expet to sale his DH AA for 650p each. The slower player in the 90ish level will be able to sale the next legendary AA for 3 500p (first DH AA sold at that price, I think Colin even bought some for $45).

Your second affirmation is also wrong, the slower player will be able to sell only 1 of its new legendary AA to buy a playset of the old one (even almost two playset if he want to) no more standard legal (so the price will certainly go even more down)...

So yeah, a slower player will be greatly more rewarded than a more dedicated player. Why did they choose to create a UNFAIR environment which desincentives players to play because of so many reasons ??

The post was edited 5 times, last by Gregangel ().

• If you are level 100 since a long time, you're probably not * poor * or * in need *. You should have a good amount of ressources already.

Lot of people here argue for something that advantage, rewards or give a hand to more recent players. And when a slight economic advantage might exist, you got thoses reactions about how the world is unfair.

Not that I care much, I'll never reach 100 anyway, but the irony make me laugh.
      Siege smasher since 2018.
    • Gregangel wrote:

Edswor wrote:

Here the catch :
      A player who play less won't get as much as the player who play more, He will get much more price-wise. A player who reach level 100 one week ago could expet to sale his DH AA for 650p each. The slower player in the 90ish level will be able to sale the next legendary AA for 3 500p (first DH AA sold at that price, I think Colin even bought some for $45).

Your second affirmation is also wrong, the slower player will be able to sell only 1 of its new legendary AA to buy a playset of the old one (even almost two playset if he want to) no more standard legal (so the price will certainly go even more down)...

So yeah, a slower player will be greatly more rewarded than a more dedicated player. Why did they choose to create a UNFAIR environment which desincentives players to play because of so many reasons ??
      You're wrong. Dedicated player gets more rewards on daily basis, as hes playing more. Keep in mind that dedicated players get rewards for each ladder season, tournament participation, event participation etc, while "slow players" often miss entire seasons, or play not enough to get those rewards.
    • Rewards should be kept standard legal. Period. At least if HEX should be welcoming to new players.... which is something I guess we all want?

Additionally, for those that did not reach their tiers of rewards yet and feel like they miss out on that particular AA. While the AA market is not very liquid anymore, it will be possible to trade the new AA's for the old rewards at preferably rates.

And yes, AA's will sell at the beginning at a premium. But the glory days are far from over and the value will plummet much faster. So anyone who would not be among the very fastest would not profit that much by "having a level footing" on the race to the AAs anyway. And while it might sound harsh and people will probably critize me for saying it, the people grinding so fast to 96 that they would reach it before anyone else would probably not be the ones that do need the monetary incentive of the AAs anyway...

I reached level 100 over a year ago - btw at that time selling dark heart was ALREADY a pain in the ass - and could care less about newer or "slower" players getting the AAs before me. Im glad there are new rewards and that there is a more attractive incentive for people that do not play that much. Personally, Im actually more stoked about having all these packs and tickets again.... :D
    • arub wrote:

Rewards should be kept standard legal. Period. At least if HEX should be welcoming to new players
      I don't think there is even one potential new player who, when considering if they want to start playing or not, gives even one single fuck whether the reward you get after you've put in hundreds of hours of play is standard legal or not.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."