Account Leveling Rewards Update

• Gregangel wrote:

Steric wrote:

Imagine if this reset happened 1 month ago. You'd be left with no Legendary AAs from account leveling at all.
      yes it is a race I would have lost. Fair.
      But the solution is easy. Dont reset but let nulzann for level 97 to 100. New reward just are for level 101 to 200.

Easy. Here we got an other unthoughtfull decision from The Hexteam... again...

So someone that opens a hex account in 3 years and that there is 300 levels would get non standard cards for 200 levels ?? Not really a thoughfull decision either :P
    • Okay so... my take.

1) Something needed to happen. People were starting to cap. Post-cap lack of progression is an issue, and it is deterring some people from playing.

2) This is prettymuch what I expected, although I won't deny I HOPED for better.

3) I really hope that alongside this they take a look at the rewards and make some of them more enticing. There're a few rewards that're pretty unsatisfying overall.

4) I'm really glad they're giving us a few months heads up. This is something Hex needs to keep doing. Keep us in the loop.

5) I sincerely hope that either the rewards after 100 are better than the rewards pre-100 OR that the leveling exp is mirrored to pre-100. Either will be fine. But a new player should not hit 100 before an existing level 100 player hits 200.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Transience wrote:

Man! That sucks tremendously. All those months of grinding in expectation of AA Dark Hearts and just like that it's taken away. :thumbdown:
      Yeah, wow, this really bums me out. I think I am in the mid-60's right now and was REALLY looking forward to those AA's eventually as they are really cool (for me as a more casual deck-builder). Now I'll never have either one.

I think this is a tough decision, but why not just replace the packs (I think they did) and keep the cards? I mean, the cards are ALWAYS good!

Anyway, yeah, really bummed. Seems like having new rewards for levels 101-200 would be the "better" way to go. Just keep the cards as is. Everyone gets them as long as you play.
    • It really surprise me how easily you people get annoyed. Set 10 will hit with any luck on July. You have 3 months to grind for the cards if you want... or you can buy it, since they're cheap cards that ARE rotating when set 10 launches.

As per the hypothetical player getting 2 playsets... it's not a big issue.

Any decision made here will upset some player. This is the most efficient way to do it with what they have. No biggie.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Gregangel wrote:

reset everybody at level 1.
      This is not as good a decision as you paint it.

Bob has been REALLY grinding hard all month to get that primal pack. He's on track, but gets sick and can't play for one day before the wipe. Suddenly, he's 99 levels away from the primal pack he'd been literally 2000 exp away from yesterday.

Bob quits the game feeling extremely frustrated.

Ya, we all know bob's a jerk, but still, his feelings are valid.

Every decision has consequences. None of them are ideal.

Taleisin wrote:

Now I'll never have either one.
      Sell the new AAs, and use the funds you get to buy the old ones. I can almost guarantee you if you're 60 you'll be able to sell the new AAs for far more than the old AAs are worth.(the only exception is if the cards are terrible... but I don't expect that to be the case)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Gregangel wrote:

Portensio wrote:

So someone that opens a hex account in 3 years and that there is 300 levels would get non standard cards for 200 levels ?? Not really a thoughfull decision either
      easy one too : you make all new account star at 100.
      That said the best decision is : reset everybody at level 1.
      Which I agree, but they did not want to make those that are at level 60 or 90 feel bad that they are almos there but won't get it.

I would, in my opinion,

Raise to 200,

Reset next time to 0 so that there is no feel bad for nobody. make the reset specific (Set 10, 14, 18 etc) or by time.

clear, simple, no clogging (they will have problem one day.
    • Gregangel wrote:

Steric wrote:

Imagine if this reset happened 1 month ago. You'd be left with no Legendary AAs from account leveling at all.
      yes it is a race I would have lost. Fair.
      But the solution is easy. Dont reset but let nulzann for level 97 to 100. New reward just are for level 101 to 200.

Easy. Here we got an other unthoughtfull decision from The Hexteam... again...

If they did that new player leveling for the first 100 would be stuck obtaining cards they can't use for standard
    • There is no single situation where no one gets to complain. If they reset to lv1, it means that the players who don't play enough to reach 100 by the end of each cycle would get nothing ever.

In this case, however, I think HXE would just go ahead and say "Screw it, since this system is for encouraging and rewarding play time, let's just reward the ones that actually play more" and go for it.

Not elegant, but fair. I mean, players had the time frame to get everything. You can't spend your dev. life offering stuff to those that don't play your game in the hopes of making them play more and, in the process, disappoint your best customers.

Also I am not lv100 yet, though I intend to reach it before the rotation (90-something) so I may even be unintentionally biased.

EDIT: I had hoped for something more about the Crowns and Sacks.
    • Vroengard wrote:

There is no single situation where no one gets to complain. If they reset to lv1, it means that the players who don't play enough to reach 100 by the end of each cycle would get nothing ever.

In this case, however, I think HXE would just go ahead and say "Screw it, since this system is for encouraging and rewarding play time, let's just reward the ones that actually play more" and go for it.

Not elegant, but fair. I mean, players had the time frame to get everything. You can't spend your dev. life offering stuff to those that don't play your game in the hopes of making them play more and, in the process, disappoint your best customers.
      fucking yes. in the current case what happens when 300 is the max level, or 400? are we suppose to just wait for people to catch up?
    • Yeah, I'm glad this is finally happening, but the proposed is clunky.

Personally, I think levels should just be reset. It means some players won't ever get high-level rewards...but I thought that was the point. Isn't this supposed to encourage people to log in every day and play?

But, if we're afraid of doing that...

Why not, every time there is a major account leveling update like this, give players the option of resetting their level back to 0?

That way, players at 100 can start earning new stuff, and players <100 can finish the climb and then reset to get the new stuff they haven't yet (the stuff at lower levels). Yes, 'slower' players will get the rares and legendaries first (which is weird to me), but whatever.

Or, leave everyone where they are, back-reward as necessary, and instead of adding 100 more levels, just make it so that everytime a 100+ player fills the XP bar, it resets and awards them one of the basic mid-level rewards on rotation (the gold, chests, pack, or whatever it is*).

*I can't remember because I've been capped for ages. :P
    • Vroengard wrote:

There is no single situation where no one gets to complain. If they reset to lv1, it means that the players who don't play enough to reach 100 by the end of each cycle would get nothing ever.

Also I am not lv100 yet, though I intend to reach it before the rotation (90-something) so I may even be unintentionally biased.

EDIT: I had hoped for something more about the Crowns and Sacks.
      I'm level 40.. and I approuve of this message. BUT please fix a timeframe before delay like i mentionned 2x before. (every x sets or every x date)
    • I just hit level 85. I don't know if I can hit 97-100 in two months, but I would be tempted to stop playing at level 96 and wait until the new rewards are available. I'm not a collector, so I would be selling those new legendary AAs right away. I don't think you want to discourage play until the new rewards are in place.
    • I would really rather any solution other than just opting to keep raising the cap, if largely because it creates an exponentially more daunting 'mountain' to climb. If Svenn hadn't already bailed on Hex over account leveling having daily caps in the first place he'd have really hated this.
    • Sockmonkey wrote:

I just hit level 85. I don't know if I can hit 97-100 in two months, but I would be tempted to stop playing at level 96 and wait until the new rewards are available. I'm not a collector, so I would be selling those new legendary AAs right away. I don't think you want to discourage play until the new rewards are in place.
      you can keep playing and just not claim the reward until it changes.

So it's not actually discouraging play.

• Eraia wrote:

Sockmonkey wrote:

I just hit level 85. I don't know if I can hit 97-100 in two months, but I would be tempted to stop playing at level 96 and wait until the new rewards are available. I'm not a collector, so I would be selling those new legendary AAs right away. I don't think you want to discourage play until the new rewards are in place.
      you can keep playing and just not claim the reward until it changes.
      So it's not actually discouraging play.
      I would not expect Hex to do the switch properly, so I would still wait.