The bad joke of celebration event pack entree

    • The bad joke of celebration event pack entree

      After the change of packs entree in Evo without any warning about it (now one set 5 and one set 6 instead of the possibility to enter with 2 set 6)

      After the official statement 3 day later, the change was intended and it was initially a bug at Primal Dawn set release in april 2016

      Dinotropia wrote:

      Hey guys. This change snuck into the patch, but after confirming with our engineers I can verify that this is an intended change. Our design documents have entry at 1 of each pack or up to 500 platinum as the entry fee. Here is the original post on Evolving Sealed Gauntlets so you can check it out for yourselves, but it was never intended that the entry be fluid. The ability to enter into an EVO with any combination of packs is a bug that we are correcting.

      Design wants to add that this is an important fix because converting one pack to another puts downward pressure on the most recent set. It can devalue cards as supply increases and can run the risk of damaging the value of player's collections. As such, this change is important for the economy of the game as well.


      ... which is a lie because back then Chark who were still working for HexE said that at evo sealed launch:


      Chark (HexE) april 2016 wrote:

      Also a couple of people pointed out that you can enter Evo Sealed with two AoM packs + 100 plat. This was intentional. We were concerned about the ability to "launder" packs this way, but ultimately wanted to make this mode as new player friendly as possible.

      Beside back then, why did they fix the primal proc bug accuring with the transformed pack and not fix the the entire packs entry bug if it was one????


      But now even better ! Celebration Event with 666 exclusive format tournements don't let you enter with 666 packss entree. You have to use set 5 to enter too...

      What a very bad joke !

      In a other thread I called that fraud, labelling fraud. Everybody desagree with me being too lenient toward HexE, well so be it, ok.


      But this is a really sloppy way to run a business at the expense of custumers wallet who purchase what they though was the right amount of packs, the right balance between set 5 and set 6 packs according to information no more accurate and without the proper warning delay before set 6 launch.

      I think this is a outrageous situation which break the trust between the costumer and HexE. I have to call HexE out on this matter. This is wrong, this is disrespectful.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Gregangel ().

    • Chark expressed 'concern' when introducing the fluidity and later it was shown that those concerns were valid and so for the sake of the economy they fixed it, to frankly what makes sense. Don't be too harsh on the messenger and his 'was never intended' message when it's well within their right to make this change.

      The second part about this release weekend sudden change clearly seems like a bug and perhaps it was the only way they could hot fix it and turn the tourneys back on. They have more to gain financially from requiring the latest packs that aren't widely in circulation than letting people recycle their old packs. So again, it sucks but part of a once ever transition period from GF -> HxE so a little slack is probably warranted.

      Some criticism is definitely warranted here on the communication aspect but the words fraud/outrageous seem a bit over the top?
    • Bootlace wrote:

      Chark expressed 'concern' when introducing the fluidity and later it was shown that those concerns were valid and so for the sake of the economy they fixed it, to frankly what makes sense. Don't be too harsh on the messenger and his 'was never intended' message when it's well within their right to make this change.

      I am not disputing that. It is certainly the right call but this is the kind of change which need loud communication because it impact directly purchase choice of certain costumer
    • I want to show some support, because many people will probably gang up on you because of this thread. I actually agree with you on these issues:

      Gregangel wrote:

      Event with 666 exclusive format tournements don't let you enter with 666 packss entree. You have to use set 5 to enter too...

      Gregangel wrote:

      But this is a really sloppy way to run a business at the expense of custumers wallet who purchase what they though was the right amount of packs, the right balance between set 5 and set 6 packs according to information no more accurate and without the proper warning delay before set 6 launch.
      These are not cool things to do for your customer base. With all the bugs, communication issues and conversion rate crap, it is not going super smoothly for HexEnt right now.

      Gregangel wrote:

      In a other thread I called that fraud, labelling fraud. Everybody desagree with me being too lenient toward HexE, well so be it, ok.
      My problem was with the word fraud itself. It is such a strong accusation that this word should not be thrown around casually. However, I am with you on the sentiment that HexEnt is not running their business very smartly at the moment.
    • The fact that we have to use Herofall packs for 6/6/6 makes no sense at all to me and is punitive to all the players who stocked up on Scars packs.

      I will say that I am not impressed with the way things have been handled so far in 2017 - we are always promised better communication but official answers are always in short supply when it comes to difficult questions.
    • Shinjica wrote:

      There is another thing that i dont understand and was not explained (if it was, sorry), why now 3 win in evo sealed give a set 5 pack instead of a set 6 like in was with set 3/4?
      This one is more coherent with the new packs entree fee. The endgame it to sell more set 6 packs to balance the packs not use for the entree. I have no issue with this.

      The overall system make certainly more packs consuming to collect the new set by playing limited but it should alway be that way. They messed up with set 4

      What is wrong, it is not talking about it before and not being 100% honest about the reason behind this sudden change
    • Ertzi wrote:

      My problem was with the word fraud itself. It is such a strong accusation that this word should not be thrown around casually. However, I am with you on the sentiment that HexEnt is not running their business very smartly at the moment.
      Exactly. Fraud is a VERY serious accusation, and implies not only a problem, but also intent.

      I can 100% guarantee you there is no ill intent here. Hex does not want us to be screwed over.

      However... somewhere there's been some communication issues. Now, if I had to guess there're a few things going on here.

      1) Hex is struggling to take over all the things Gameforge used to handle. There's a lot of stuff that is involved in being a publisher/service distributor, and Hex was simply not quite prepared for this, and as a result they're running into a series of minor errors that are creating significant impacts.

      2) When Evo was initially released, it was bugged to allow pack fluidity. However, it ended up being popular and not have a significant negative impact at that time, so they decided to call it intentional because there's no reason to say 'oh ya, it's a bug but we're going to leave it'. However, as time has gone on, they forgot that they'd said it was intentional, and now that it IS having an impact and they've decided to rescind that decision and fix the bug. Since there are the two layers of mixed communication, it leads to problems.

      3) Everyone is so busy that they're exhausted and overworked, and as a result are overlooking things in their messaging(ie. the ethereal coated boots change).

      That's not to say we should just go 'oh it's all understandable so we shouldn't hold them to it'... but be reasonable with it. They're working to get everything right, so rather than going hyperbolic on them and accusing of fraud... post factual accounts of what is happening to help them understand the underlying cause and let fellow community members know about the issue so that people don't get burnt by it.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Memory wrote:

      The fact that we have to use Herofall packs for 6/6/6 makes no sense at all to me and is punitive to all the players who stocked up on Scars packs.
      A quick comment on the release celebration pack issue: there was a problem getting the release celebration event live. We decided that it was better to have a 665 tournament (that played like a 666 tournament) than to delay the event further.
    • Dinotropia wrote:

      Memory wrote:

      The fact that we have to use Herofall packs for 6/6/6 makes no sense at all to me and is punitive to all the players who stocked up on Scars packs.
      A quick comment on the release celebration pack issue: there was a problem getting the release celebration event live. We decided that it was better to have a 665 tournament (that played like a 666 tournament) than to delay the event further.
      So, if Herofall primals keep proccing, are you going to replace them with Scars primals given proof? Because at least 2 people in my guild alone have gotten Herofall primals despite never using/winning a Herofall pack. Straight buy-ins.