Confused about the Frozen Arena

• Confused about the Frozen Arena

I find it really hard to understand why make arena so hard? i mean i do understand that great reward need great challenge... but arena 99% of the time only hand out junk. and it take 45 ~70 minute to beat(if you manage to beat it)

i know there are some faster deck out there, but most of them are very expensive. and i doubt much people can do it under 30 minutes.

So. here is the question.. if the reward are lame, and arena is something we need to repeat thousands of times to get all reward.. then why do we want arena to be challenging?

wouldn't it make sense to boost up the reward.. or perhaps tone down difficulty?
    • It's a balancing act.

PvE stuff is out of control.
      The previous arena was a laff and way too easy.
      New cards make things confusing.
      The rewards are... well, they're mediocre, yeah.

Think of it as a puzzle rather than a speedrun. But if you want to be able to speedrun it, you need to spend $100-$200.
    • The drop rate on old shit is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high. I've had more runs than I can count where I get just a single crappy uncommon from the last 2 updates, and every other thing that drops is from the original FRA.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • I'll keep saying it until I sound like a parrot. Arena should drop a unique currency where players can save it up and buy singles they want (maybe have a max allowed to save up so they can't just buy out all the new cards when they're added). It solves all problems of new players wanting new cards and old players wanting certain old cards.

Or, if they still want some RNG then sell packs for each new group of cards instead of buying singles.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

I'll keep saying it until I sound like a parrot. Arena should drop a unique currency where players can save it up and buy singles they want (maybe have a max allowed to save up so they can't just buy out all the new cards when they're added). It solves all problems of new players wanting new cards and old players wanting certain old cards.

Or, if they still want some RNG then sell packs for each new group of cards instead of buying singles.

I'll happily echo this with you.

We absolutely need less RNG on arena. I don't need a 600th Brutal Commander.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

I'll keep saying it until I sound like a parrot. Arena should drop a unique currency where players can save it up and buy singles they want (maybe have a max allowed to save up so they can't just buy out all the new cards when they're added). It solves all problems of new players wanting new cards and old players wanting certain old cards.

I've been of the opinion that FRA and dungeons should both drop special currency for exclusive rewards, for a long time. (Not necessarily the same currency, mind.)
      With Dungeons, just have a "Dungeon of the Day" that drops triple of the currency for the first completion, to give us an excuse to run older dungeons.
      (Farming the same two over and over is pretty dull, right? :P)
      For FRA, a steady feeling of progression would add a lot, and it'd reward those who play FRA the most, allowing them guaranteed eventual drops (perhaps currency-purchased rewards could include some AA current-set pvp uncommons, so as to help pve players build pvp decks or offer something of interest to sell to pvp players).

That said, my main issue with FRA is the imbalanced flow between tiers 2 and 4 making FRA feel far, far less than a standard progressive randomized dungeon, and more like a love letter to bad RNG. (Nevermind that the developers' fondness for an imbalanced First Turn Advantage skyrockets in FRA and certain Campaign encounters, due to starting bonuses the AI opponents receive, so you can often count your wins and losses just based on who went first- I mean, unless shardscrew is what got you.) Past all that needless, ceaseless RNG frustration, most of my stress with FRA has to do with interface bugs (which I've reported, so hopefully those'll get attention at some point).

Of course, if we ever get card deconstruction/crafting with Stronghold, then that'd help us deal with the spammed drops from campaign and arena, and help provide steady progression as well.

Basically, there's just a whole lot they can do toward making FRA more fun.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Azuchi ().

• Sadly I've been reporting the Arena reward screen bugs for about 5 months now, and it still hasn't been fixed, so don't hold your breath on that one. Apparently it doesn't affect everyone, so who gives a shit, right? It's only a huge focus of the last 3 sets (and 1 more to go... sigh) and a supposed selling factor that you keep updating the rewards every set with new content and balancing, why would you need the rewards screen you get at the end of it all need to actually work or anything? :P
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • I feel like having some rng rewards for arena adds a possible high note (holy crap I got <blank>! That's so rare!) but ya, I totally agree with the concept of slightly reducing the number of rewards and adding a currency that can be traded for any arena reward.

There's no reason the two can't coexist... and realistically, many many reasons why they should.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.