What? Lanupaw?

• Average Human: "Lan-who?"
      Princess Victoria: "While the use of such grisly remains is regrettable, it is likely that the skulls belonged to some great seers and thusly granted their powers willingly to the Coyotle Prophet of Fate. Even if it's a mere residual of their power and their permission were not asked, the Coyotle are clear allies and their treatment of the dead is even more respectful than our own, in general."
      His Majesty, King Gabriel: "...why should I care what a Coyotle wears? Especially a powerful one?"
      Archmage Wrenlocke: "*chuckle* Do you -really- have time to go into a discussion of thaumaturgic echoes and arcane resonances right -now-?"
      Xocoy, High Cleric: "You care about that? Really? Ugh. Skulls are symbols of honor. Are you donating yours, coming to fight, or leaving?"
      Lanupaw, Prophet of Fate: "*enigmatic smile* Fate shows many streams. Forward to yesterday, upward to today. As it has been. Let us discuss the dreams. Yours, mine, and the world's."

Edit:
      Average Coyotle: "Prophets are strange. You'll have to ask him. If you can find him. Or if he finds you."
      Average Shin'hare: "KILLIT KILLIT KILLIT KILLIT!"
      Yazukan: "*inarticulate growl* No. Die. Now."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zyblen ().

• Core wrote:

Know how Humans hate the Necrotic for desecrating their remains? Why does Lanupaw have a belt that's just decked out in human skulls? Why are the humans chill with this? Discuss. :D
      I think the general lore reason for the necrotic body hate is that the human's ancestors literally show up and tell them that their bodies are being desecrated.

I'd guess that the skulls on Lanupaw's belt, if they're human, have never shown up to complain. So if the dead are cool with it, the living are also, this isn't the case with the necrotic, where the dead have literally gone insane due to their bodies being possessed.
    • AxelDWater wrote:

I think they are rabbits. :P
      While they seem thoroughly human (google "rabbit skull"), it'd make a lot more sense for one reason alone.. Because, otherwise, the skulls are either from human babies, or Lanupaw is like 20 feet tall (consider that he could easily fit all of those skulls into his mouth at once without difficulty, not to mention easily close his hand fully around one).

Victory wrote:

I'd guess that the skulls on Lanupaw's belt, if they're human, have never shown up to complain. So if the dead are cool with it, the living are also, this isn't the case with the necrotic, where the dead have literally gone insane due to their bodies being possessed.
      If my above statement is true then perhaps they just weren't old enough to have learned speech yet, and so all their ghosts can do is cry... :/

The post was edited 1 time, last by Azuchi ().