Card Design Contest - 3/16/2018 - 3/23/2018

• Card Design Contest - 3/16/2018 - 3/23/2018

The Rules:
      Design a card (or possibly multiple cards) that meets the design constraint described below. The one that I like the best is the winner. You may submit multiple entries, but please be considerate of your fellow players and don't go too overboard. In the case of multiple entries, you will still receive one prize at most.

In addition to any listed prizes, the winner then creates a thread for the next round, creates a new design constraint, and the game continues.

Design Constraint:
      Design a unique non-standard resource or resource cycle. This resource should function differently from any resource we have now and operate in a way that enables some new deckbuilding options. Please don't just do 'X Shard - grants lots of threshold, multiple charges, and 1/1 with no drawback' ;)

Examples and Suggestions:
      Good examples of 'interesting' resources are the Coin cycle, Permafrost, and Broomball.

Judging Criteria:
      Here's what I focus on in judging, in order of priority:
      • Creativity - This contest is about doing something unique. Give me unique.
      • Deckbuilding Potential - I want to be able to see that this resource will enable something interesting. If you think yours does, but it isn't obvious, then explain it!
      • Balance - Make sure the card is not absurdly broken, just keep it in line a bit.
      • Elegance - The card's text should be easy to interpret at a glance.
      Prizes:1st Prize: 2x Eradicrux Heart, 1x Permafrost, 1x Orchi-Notion
      Second Prize: 1x Talysen's Memorial, 1x Kismet's Curio, 1x Chark Mart
      Third prize: 4x Mentor's Keepsake, 1x Fierce Justicar

(Sorry the prizes are a little lower than usual! Hope they're still interesting for you guys at least)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eraia ().

• So since my last entry was pac-man, time to make a resource that eats your other resources. Here is the Voidstone cycle:

Ruby Voidstone

<0/1> Resource
      ----
      Gain .
      Gain a charge.
      Void two random resources from your deck.
      ----

It should be relatively straightforward. It's just a resource that will remove other resources from your deck, with the intent that they will improve the quality of your card draw in the later stages of the game. With enough Voidstones, you can make sure you never draw another resource in a game and always have the best topdecks.
    • Name: Artificial Fluid
      Type: Resource
      Rarity: Legendary
      Abilities: Gain [BLOOD] .
      Add a standard shard of [DIAMOND] , [RUBY] , and [SAPPHIRE] to your deck.

Name: Slow Fluid
      Abilities: Gain .
      Add a standard shard of , , and [WILD] to your deck.

Name: Patient Fluid
      Add a standard shard of , [SAPPHIRE] , and to your deck.

Name: Weak Fluid
      Add a standard shard of [RUBY] , [SAPPHIRE] , and to your deck.

Name: Artificial Stone
      Abilities: Gain [DIAMOND] .
      Add a standard shard of [BLOOD] , [RUBY] , and [SAPPHIRE] to your deck.

Name: Slow Stone

Name: Patient Stone
      Add a standard shard of , [SAPPHIRE] , and [WILD] to your deck.

Name: Dry Stone
      Add a standard shard of [RUBY] , [SAPPHIRE] , and [WILD] to your deck.

Name: Artificial Stick
      Abilities: Gain [RUBY] .
      Add a standard shard of , [DIAMOND] , and to your deck.

Name: Slow Stick

Name: Weak Stick
      Add a standard shard of , [SAPPHIRE] , and [WILD] to your deck.

Name: Dry Stick
      Add a standard shard of [DIAMOND] , [SAPPHIRE] , and [WILD] to your deck.

Name: Artificial Extension
      Abilities: Gain [SAPPHIRE] .
      Add a standard shard of , , and [RUBY] to your deck.

Name: Patient Extension

Name: Weak Extension
      Add a standard shard of , [RUBY] , and [WILD] to your deck.

Name: Dry Extension
      Add a standard shard of [DIAMOND] , [RUBY] , and [WILD] to your deck.

Name: Slow Food
      Abilities: Gain [WILD] .
      Add a standard shard of , , and to your deck.

Name: Patient Food
      Add a standard shard of , , and [SAPPHIRE] to your deck.

Name: Weak Food
      Add a standard shard of , [RUBY] , and [SAPPHIRE] to your deck.

Name: Dry Food
      Add a standard shard of [DIAMOND] , [RUBY] , and [SAPPHIRE] to your deck.
    • Shard of Pure Chaos
      <1/1> Legendary Resource
      ----
      When you play this card, you can pay X to randomize X random threshold you have.

You gain 1 charge for each Threshold that aren't use by any card in your deck
      ----

or

Shard of Pure Chaos
      <0/1> Legendary Resource
      ----
      Randomize all threshold you have.

Gain 1 charge for each threshold that aren't use by any card in your deck
      ----

The post was edited 2 times, last by skinotik ().

• Corpselily Petal
      <0/1>
      Gain [BLOOD] or [WILD]
      If you control a troop that is both plant and undead, target troop you control gets Deathcry - Summon a Blightblossom

Hallowed Matchstick
      <0/1>
      Gain [DIAMOND] or [RUBY]
      If you control a Candlekin, Illuminate 1

Cracked Fangz
      <0/1>
      Gain [WILD] or [RUBY]
      If you control a gnoll, up to two target troops get Gladiator 1

Weighted Die
      <0/1>
      Gain [WILD] or [SAPPHIRE]
      If you control a fae, transform target troop you control into a random troop of the same shards, with cost +1

Crazed Eye
      <0/1>
      Gain [SAPPHIRE] or [BLOOD]
      If you control a Chaostouched, bury the top five cards of target opposing champion's deck
    • Seeker's Pillar
      -1/-1
      Play all resources from your crypt. You lose 1 health for each resource played this way.

---
      Explanation: playing it reduces your resources by 1 before it's secondary effect triggers.
      works well with the new roots and coins - a powerful resource if you can self mill / discard several resources with the drawback of being horrible in your starting hand. Extremely powerful against mill.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • Just to use someone else's username :P

Slayer's Stronghold
      <1/1>
      Gain or

2, Discard this: Return a troop from your crypt to your hand

If this is in your crypt, all your troops in play get +1 DEF

Deckbuilding Restriction: You can only include one copy of this card in your deck.

This is sort of like the "reserve" cards in that you can generate card advantage with it (turning the resource into a troop from your crypt), combined with a defensive troop buff, but balanced by the fact that you can only have one of them, so you cannot count on having it in your opening hand or being able to Fateweave to fetch it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CastleAnthrax ().

• Prizes edited in.

@Lunavi Do the created items go to your hand or deck?

@CastleAnthrax So what you mean by 'Unique' is 'one per deck'? You might want to change the writing to be "Deckbuilding Restriction: You can only include one copy of this card in your deck." Unique specifically implies can only have one in play. You can have 4 of a unique card in your deck typically.

@skinotik When you say 'Randomize x threshold', I assume what you mean is that you lose the existing thresholds but gain an equal number of random threshold in its place?
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • "Give unto the Void!" - Nef Anyo, the Prophet of Profit - Warframe

Bountiful Void
      Legendary Resource
      <1/1>
      Void target card from your deck and all of your copies in all zones. Gain that card's thresholds.

Thoughts: Sidegrade to Brewed Ambrosia, without gaining a charge. Musing - What's to stop someone from including this and one copy of Cartomancy and instantly having all five thresholds? The PVE nature of Cartomancy. I didn't see another 5-shard card, so this will, at most, gain a player five of the same threshold or two of two. (Most likely, one would want a useless tri-shard one-of for this to trigger off of, but if you draw it, oops.) Relatively balanced, due to a maximum of 4, difficulty to obtain, and essentially casting a powered-up Herofall on yourself.

Destructive Resonance
      Rare Constant
      Cost: 0
      At the start of your turn, create and play a Bountiful Void.

Thoughts: Good Momentum trigger, balanced by rarity and rapidly eating through your deck.
    • Arcanyx wrote:

Zyblen wrote:

I didn't see another 5-shard card
      Currently a total of 3 5-shard cards. 4 if you include Starving Lich with equipment
      hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/co…lor=S&color=W&color=prism
      Thank you! I was wondering how to sort that appropriately. All legendaries, 2 PVE only, and 1 from Primal Dawn/rotated out block. I think my logic for the balance still works. So it would be highly useful/more imbalanced in PVE as a resource, and still workable to a tri-shard threshold maximum (or 2x2 or 5x1) in PVE.
    • Eraia wrote:

Prizes edited in.

@Lunavi Do the created items go to your hand or deck?

@CastleAnthrax So what you mean by 'Unique' is 'one per deck'? You might want to change the writing to be "Deckbuilding Restriction: You can only include one copy of this card in your deck." Unique specifically implies can only have one in play. You can have 4 of a unique card in your deck typically.

@skinotik When you say 'Randomize x threshold', I assume what you mean is that you lose the existing thresholds but gain an equal number of random threshold in its place?
      @ Eraia Yes, you lose X randomly threshold and gain X threshold randomly. I want the card to have 2 utility. 1) Could be use to try to fix threshold in tri/quad shard deck 2) Could be use as a charge generator in Mono-Shard deck.

Maybe the charge gain could be tweak 1,2 or 3 charge per threshold not in your deck.

Could also add an effect that you can play your Hero power an additionnal time this turn ...