Pinned Doombringer Q&A Thread

• Doombringer Q&A Thread

Hey all,

Rules manager Corey Burkhart here.

I'm opening up this thread earlier this time, as I find as a player I want to ask questions as soon as I see the cards, rather than later.

Thus, while we're nearly about to release Doombringer, I want to open up a space for you the players to ask rules questions regarding the cards. Please feel free to leave these here and I'll get to them when I can.

I know after the set went live for Dead of Winter I struggled getting back into the forums to answer those. I'll improve such efforts and make sure I'm answering questions after the first week at least once a week.

Thanks!
    • Is the new equipment that can be found in the campaign going to be available in the dungeon packs as well? Would like to know the answer before I buy up and crack open a ton of Great Machine Graveyard packs.

I know this thread is for rules questions and this doesn't exactly fit, but I wasn't sure where else to ask this.
    • Well, now I have a proper thread to ask this, again: Say I play in a BO3. After match 1, I fuse the two enders in my main deck into a terminus. This means the two enders are permanently gone from my collection and my main deck now has 38 cards(or 39 if the terminus is added right away). What will happen if I did not save the deck until time out? Do I go into match 2 with a 38 cards deck because the system cannot find the two enders? Errors? Crush?
    • DogeyMcDogeface wrote:

If I Fuse Two Echotwin Apocalypte how many copies will i get when played?

Also how does Extended arts/stardust work on enders pre fushion, if i fuse one ea and one normal art will it be ea?

Good questions!

So the two Echos will fuse into a Echotwin Terminus. Thus the triggers will go as follow -

Summon a copy of this
      Summon a copy of this.

However, the way one-shots works is that they're removed from the card when they trigger and go to the chain, thus, when the copy is summoned, the Echotwin Terminus sees it's text as blank.

Therefore, with two triggers on the chain of "Summon a copy of this." You'll summon 3 2 [ATK] / 2 [DEF] troops.

Goliathus wrote:

Well, now I have a proper thread to ask this, again: Say I play in a BO3. After match 1, I fuse the two enders in my main deck into a terminus. This means the two enders are permanently gone from my collection and my main deck now has 38 cards(or 39 if the terminus is added right away). What will happen if I did not save the deck until time out? Do I go into match 2 with a 38 cards deck because the system cannot find the two enders? Errors? Crush?
      Another good one. You cannot Fuse during reserves. This was done to avoid this exact thing, as there were a number of logistical errors that could occur with illegal decks being submitted, or decks without cards you had.

Thus, you can only fuse in deckbuilder before a match begins.

Steric wrote:

Is the new equipment that can be found in the campaign going to be available in the dungeon packs as well? Would like to know the answer before I buy up and crack open a ton of Great Machine Graveyard packs.

I know this thread is for rules questions and this doesn't exactly fit, but I wasn't sure where else to ask this.
      EDIT: The dungeon packs pull from the AZ loot tables so some of the new AZ loot can be gained from the dungeon packs.
    • Biz wrote:

i have a rebirth troop

opponent has bride of the damned with all the thresholds

my rebirth troop dies. what happens?
      Hey Biz,

So this is an issue of turn play order.

If the Bride of the damned player is turn order we have:

Bride of the damned revert and steal trigger.
      Rebirth Trigger.

Resolving the opposite way:

Rebirth resolves, troop is returned to play.
      Bride of the Damned revert and steal trigger resolve. -> gives it rebirth again (Assuming it started with it) and the bride player gains control.

If it's the rebirth troop's controller's turn:

Rebirth Trigger.
      Bride of the damned revert and steal trigger.

Resolving the opposite way:

Bride of the Damned revert and steal trigger resolve. -> gives it rebirth again (Assuming it started with it) and the bride player gains control.
      Rebirth fails - > It's no longer in the power controller's crypt (your opponent's)

Rolfusius wrote:

Will the diamond major socket of battalion buff your troops if the gem in play is on a non-troop (like an artifact or a constant)?

Appreciate the thread, probably going to learn lots of stuff
      Ahh I see the confusion because of the way it's worded :"Other troops you control have +1 [ATK] / +1 [DEF]."

The short answer, is yes! If this is socketed into something like Gront's Gift it will still buff your other troops. I'll see if we can find a clearer and better wording for this as time goes on. These powers tend to be oddly phrased at times when they end up in a non-troop.

Good question Rolfusius!
    • Have a couple:

1. Does Coalesce trigger twice from a Prismatic troop? If there is a D/S Troop as a well as a Blood troop, are there three individual triggers?

2. If a Rabid triggers then Mad Doggin' is played, does the client remember that the One-Shot was used if Mad Doggin' gets destroyed after? Or does it retain the One-Shot again after it is removed as if it was reverted?

3. If an Ice Block (from Glaciate) gets Runebined, does the troop come back into play and Glaciate goes to the Crypt when a Resource comes into play? Or does it get reverted and the troop is lost?

4. Similar to Coalesce, does Lunar Resonance count Prismatic cards as 2 Colors? If I play a Daarmak does this trigger automatically?
    • Xadouz wrote:

Regarding Rowdy, it states that the cost increases when you play a card with a higher cost, but how much does it increase? +1 or does it match the card played ?
      Always by one. From the Here Comes the Doom article,

"Once Shenanigator is in play, when you play a card with cost 4 or more, he’ll trigger, drawing you a card and increasing his cost to 4."

"Play a card with cost 4 or more" and "increasing his cost to 4" confirms that it is always +1.