Pinned Doombringer Q&A Thread

• Kyradren wrote:

With the Gravebane Terminus and other cards that somehow get Rebirth multiple times, do these rebirths stack, so that something with two Rebirths has 3 lives, or do they consume them all at once?
      My thought is that, as 'rebirth' triggers when it enters a crypt, all of the rebirths will trigger simultaneously.

My followup question to that is, if I'm right... would a card with a 'deploy' effect alongside multiple rebirths trigger the deploy effect multiple times since each rebirth 'puts the card into play' and all trigger simultaneously?
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • As I understand it:

1. Rebirth doesn't stack

2. But if it did, it would only trigger once, because part of the condition for Rebirth is that the troop is still in the crypt. So after the first Rebirth resolved, the second one would fizzle.

3. But if it did resolve, it wouldn't re-trigger Deploy effects, because you can't "enter" a zone from the same zone, so after the first Rebirth resolves, the card is no longer "entering" play when further Rebirths resolve.

Is that all correct, @HEXPureforce?
    • Kyradren wrote:

With the Gravebane Terminus and other cards that somehow get Rebirth multiple times, do these rebirths stack, so that something with two Rebirths has 3 lives, or do they consume them all at once?

Eraia wrote:

would a card with a 'deploy' effect alongside multiple rebirths trigger the deploy effect multiple times since each rebirth 'puts the card into play' and all trigger simultaneously?

Thoom wrote:

As I understand it:

1. Rebirth doesn't stack

2. But if it did, it would only trigger once, because part of the condition for Rebirth is that the troop is still in the crypt. So after the first Rebirth resolved, the second one would fizzle.

3. But if it did resolve, it wouldn't re-trigger Deploy effects, because you can't "enter" a zone from the same zone, so after the first Rebirth resolves, the card is no longer "entering" play when further Rebirths resolve.

I agree with Thoom on the matter of they won't stack, but to clarify point 2: They should all "trigger". This is like the Echotwin Terminus question where all the abilities trigger when the condition is satisfied, and triggering the ability removes it from the card. So...

• Troop dies and enters crypt.
      • All Rebirth abilities trigger and remove themselves from the card.
      • The chain will have multiple Rebirth triggers, but only the first to resolve will actually move the troop from the crypt to play. The others will "fizzle" under normal circumstances.

To get multiple deploys, the troop would have to die between each trigger resolving. For example, if the troop had zero toughness, it should come back to life, die immediately, and then get resurrected by the next Rebirth ability, triggering a Deploy (and Deathcry) for each Rebirth.
    • 1) Are cards that are put into play "attacking" trigger any "on attack effects? Example: Deathdozer puts a Gnoll with Rabid from crypt in play attacking. Will the Gnoll's Rabid trigger?

2) Casting Soul Severance after an opposing troop died will create a Phantom or not? I'm asking because over at Battleshopper, the test reads "Opposing troops get -1 Attack/-1 Defense this turn. You get "When an opposing troop dies, summon a Phantom" this turn."

YOU GET

usually means your champion gets a buff, meaning that anything that happened before getting the buff, the buff does not apply.
    • Vroengard wrote:

1) Are cards that are put into play "attacking" trigger any "on attack effects? Example: Deathdozer puts a Gnoll with Rabid from crypt in play attacking. Will the Gnoll's Rabid trigger?

2) Casting Soul Severance after an opposing troop died will create a Phantom or not? I'm asking because over at Battleshopper, the test reads "Opposing troops get -1 Attack/-1 Defense this turn. You get "When an opposing troop dies, summon a Phantom" this turn."

YOU GET

usually means your champion gets a buff, meaning that anything that happened before getting the buff, the buff does not apply.
      "When an opposing troop dies, summon a Phantom" means you get them right after they die.
    • Hevka wrote:

"When an opposing troop dies, summon a Phantom" means you get them right after they die.
      What he's saying is that they'll die BEFORE you get the buff as the card is written.

But I don't think that's the intent.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Hevka wrote:

I know, I just wanted to ask if the Soul Reverance REMEMBERS which opposing troops have died the turn between Upkeep and playing Soul Reverance.

Example: I use Strangle to kill opposing troop A. AFTERWARDS, I play Soul Reverance. Will I get a phantom from that strangled troop?
    • Vroengard wrote:

Hevka wrote:

I know, I just wanted to ask if the Soul Reverance REMEMBERS which opposing troops have died the turn between Upkeep and playing Soul Reverance.
      Example: I use Strangle to kill opposing troop A. AFTERWARDS, I play Soul Reverance. Will I get a phantom from that strangled troop?
      It probably won't be retroactive. Otherwise the wording would likely be more like Harvest of Sorrow
    • Amostephil wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

Amostephil wrote:

How does the Pleasure Tent works?
      Will we get ANY troop, but its stats are 1/1 (so a 1/1 gargalith for example is possible)
      Or can we only get troops, that already have 1/1 stats (Baby Yeti, Leprechaun Artist, Charge Bot and so on)
      The second option
      Where do u take this information from?
      There's no official source yet, but this functionality would match the templating of other cards. For example, Genesis Pool Leviathan summons a troop with cost 5. It doesn't summon a random troop and then change its cost to 5. So Pleasure Tent would look at the possible troops based on the format and only choose from those that naturally have stats of 1/1.

If it was to change its power and toughness, the wording would be more like the reminder text of Conscript (since Conscript changes the thresholds of random troops). A Pleasure Tent with that makes any troop but with 1/1 stats would probably say: "Summon a random troop. Its [ATTACK] and [DEFENSE] become 1 [ATTACK] / 1 [DEFENSE] ."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Arcanyx ().

• Eraia wrote:

Hevka wrote:

What he's saying is that they'll die BEFORE you get the buff as the card is written.
      But I don't think that's the intent.

Vroengard wrote:

1) Are cards that are put into play "attacking" trigger any "on attack effects? Example: Deathdozer puts a Gnoll with Rabid from crypt in play attacking. Will the Gnoll's Rabid trigger?

YOU GET

Troops don't die from getting -1/-1 in the middle of an ability. No troops will die in between the -1/-1 and the "you gain "When an opposing troop dies, summon a Phantom" this turn" because the check to see if a troop dies from having 0 health is only done in between cards resolving.
    • Piecetinker wrote:

Have a couple:

1. Does Coalesce trigger twice from a Prismatic troop? If there is a D/S Troop as a well as a Blood troop, are there three individual triggers?

2. If a Rabid triggers then Mad Doggin' is played, does the client remember that the One-Shot was used if Mad Doggin' gets destroyed after? Or does it retain the One-Shot again after it is removed as if it was reverted?

3. If an Ice Block (from Glaciate) gets Runebined, does the troop come back into play and Glaciate goes to the Crypt when a Resource comes into play? Or does it get reverted and the troop is lost?

4. Similar to Coalesce, does Lunar Resonance count Prismatic cards as 2 Colors? If I play a Daarmak does this trigger automatically?
      Wowzers, this thread blew up in the last 24 hours!

Hey Piece tinker, to your questions here:

1) The action doesn't trigger, however, it does see the prismatic troop for each different threshold it has. Therefore, a D/S troop would yield 2 of the conditions. If you have a D/S and a B/D troop, you yield 3 of the conditions. Therefore, in the 2nd example here, your B/D troop gets +1/+1 (for blood). Then either your D/S or B/D troop gets +1/+1 (for diamond). Then your D/S troop gets +1/+1 (for sapphire).

2) So the text you're referencing is: "Your troop's <b>Rabid</b> powers are no longer [ONE-SHOT]." What this means, is that when the Rabid power triggers, it's not removed. It doesn't prevent already used powers from being removed. However, if the Rabid power is added on afterwards, it will not be removed when triggered thanks to Mad Doggin's second power.

3) So Glaciate can transform a card into an Ice Block (a constant). The Runebind then hits the Ice Block. Assuming I follow what you're saying correctly, If the controller of the now Mysterious Rune has a resource enter their hand, the Rune will revert, going back to its initial form, (Not an Ice block). Therefore, the troop comes back, and not the ice block constant.

4) Yes, the Lunar Resonance also counts different thresholds individually. So if you have a B/W and a R/D and a S/D troop, you meet the conditions for Lunar Resonance! If you have Daarmak out, you will get the trigger on your next turn! (Combo!)

Xadouz wrote:

Regarding Rowdy, it states that the cost increases when you play a card with a higher cost, but how much does it increase? +1 or does it match the card played ?
      Hey Xadouz

The increase in cost is only by 1 resource. Therefore, if you have a Grapes of Wrath and you play a Boulder Brute, the cost of the Grapes of Wrath increase to 2, not 5.

Blitzkind wrote:

If Zomboys attacks and there's no valid troop in the crypt is the Rabid trigger wasted or does it not take effect until you can bring something back?
      Hey Blitzkind,

If Zomboyz attacks and there's no legal target, the condition for the power is not met. Therefore, it will not use the 1-shot up on the Rabid power. Thus, you're safe to attack with your Zomboyz even if you have no troops in your crypt :).

Hevka wrote:

Does Kaleidotron ignore threshold cost of cards ablities or only play cost?
      example : wells / new 5thresh shard / gems /etc.
      Hey Hevka, great question, a complicated one.

So Kaleidotron only ignores costs of CARDS in your hand. Thus, it only counts when trying to PLAY the card. It doesn't work for activated powers (Frostform; Off-shard Primodrials, etc) but you can play the card while lacking the necessary resources.

Because it only checks cards in your hand and the threshold costs it doesn't ignore gem powers either. Therefore, since it only sees the actual requirements to play the card it won't help with Eradicrux Heart either.
    • Spit wrote:

The root resource cards state 'Put a x shard or x shard into your hand'.

Does it create the resource or pull one from your deck?
      Good question Spit. This is to create them and put them into your hand.

Amostephil wrote:

Will we get ANY troop, but its stats are 1/1 (so a 1/1 gargalith for example is possible)
      Or can we only get troops, that already have 1/1 stats (Baby Yeti, Leprechaun Artist, Charge Bot and so on)
      Hey Amostephil,

The pleasure tent actually makes troops that have base stats of 1/1. So yes, things like Baby Yeti, Leprechaun Artist, Midnight gatherer, etc.

Steric wrote:

Does Lilygrove Warden create a phantom when the Warden itself dies?

Also seconding Blitzkind's question: Do "Rabid" powers that require a target get used up if there is no valid target?
      Hey Steric,

Lilygrove Warden does see herself die as well, so you will get a phantom when she dies.

To the rabid thing again, no! If there's no target, feel free to still get in there with your Gnoll army!
    • Kyradren wrote:

Nice question Kyradren.

So Rebrth is actually a binary keyword to alleviate this issue. This is similar to say Flight/Steadfast/Lethal, etc. Either you have it or you do not. It does not stack up like Rage X does. Therefore, a card like Shadow Serpent only knows if it has Rebirth once, not potentially 5 or more times. When it dies, it loses the rebirth and doesn't have it anymore, but it could gain it again. We did this actually to avoid the second scenario you describe where a troop dies say 4-5 times because it got -DEF applied to it.

Eraia wrote:

Kyradren wrote:

My thought is that, as 'rebirth' triggers when it enters a crypt, all of the rebirths will trigger simultaneously.
      My followup question to that is, if I'm right... would a card with a 'deploy' effect alongside multiple rebirths trigger the deploy effect multiple times since each rebirth 'puts the card into play' and all trigger simultaneously?
      Heh, these were other issues that came up. In this world, if a card had say 3 Rebirths (Again, this cannot happen, but let's go down the rabbit hole as they're fun to explore), it would trigger rebirth 3 times. The first one would resolve and move it from the crypt into play, triggering its deploys. We'd resolve the deploy power (if untargetted, or it waits to go to the chain after the rebirth powers). Then, the next rebirth power resolves, the troop is moved to play. HOWEVER, this does NOT trigger deploys, because the troop didn't enter the warzone. It was already in the warzone and therefore doesn't get credit for entering the warzone. The third trigger would follow suit.

TL;DR
      This can't happen, but if it could, no, you only get the deploy power's once in this case.

Thoom wrote:

As I understand it:

1. Rebirth doesn't stack

Spot on Thoom! Literally, to every detail! :D

Vroengard wrote:

YOU GET

Hey Vroengard

1) We thought it would make most sense if you do. Therefore, the rules of these that they're put into play and then considered to have the attack function run on them. Therefore, they "Declare an attack" for "When this attacks" triggers. So in the case you use Zomboyz on your Attack Dog your puppy will get the +2/+2.

2) You will not get a phantom for troops that have previously died this turn. The text is intending that, for the rest of the turn, including this card's resolution (because troops won't have died to pre-priority processing yet from the -1/-1), you'll summon a phantom. It doesn't mean that you get a phantom for each troop that has died and that will die this turn. The functionality, yes, does apply this power to your champion as a buff for the turn.
    • Arcanyx wrote:

Amostephil wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

Amostephil wrote:

The second option
      Where do u take this information from?
      There's no official source yet, but this functionality would match the templating of other cards. For example, Genesis Pool Leviathan summons a troop with cost 5. It doesn't summon a random troop and then change its cost to 5. So Pleasure Tent would look at the possible troops based on the format and only choose from those that naturally have stats of 1/1.
      If it was to change its power and toughness, the wording would be more like the reminder text of Conscript (since Conscript changes the thresholds of random troops). A Pleasure Tent with that makes any troop but with 1/1 stats would probably say: "Summon a random troop. Its [ATTACK] and [DEFENSE] become 1 [ATTACK] / 1 [DEFENSE] ."
      Spot on here Arcanyx, good deductive reasoning! :D

Steric wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Hevka wrote:

What he's saying is that they'll die BEFORE you get the buff as the card is written.But I don't think that's the intent.

Vroengard wrote:

YOU GET

Troops don't die from getting -1/-1 in the middle of an ability. No troops will die in between the -1/-1 and the "you gain "When an opposing troop dies, summon a Phantom" this turn" because the check to see if a troop dies from having 0 health is only done in between cards resolving.
      Correct Steric :). It checks any time before the engine could give anyone priority (we call it pre-priority processing) so before a card/power resolves, or a player gets the chance to make an action (play cards, attack, etc).
    • HEXPureforce wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

1) Are cards that are put into play "attacking" trigger any "on attack effects? Example: Deathdozer puts a Gnoll with Rabid from crypt in play attacking. Will the Gnoll's Rabid trigger

1) We thought it would make most sense if you do. Therefore, the rules of these that they're put into play and then considered to have the attack function run on them. Therefore, they "Declare an attack" for "When this attacks" triggers. So in the case you use Zomboyz on your Attack Dog your puppy will get the +2/+2.
      Just making sure that everything is covered on this topic, does it also work with "when a troop attacks" or "when another troop attacks," such as Bellow of the Arena or Lazgar's Vengeance?