Doombringer Pack Sleeves

• Eraia wrote:

KozHex wrote:

Before people complain too much about the non-tournament thing, remember that that this is absolutely free and something they didn't have to do. Only getting them by opening packs normally will probably result in more packs being opened overall, and that will help pay for them to do stuff like this. Remember, if they can't pay the bills, stuff like this won't be done at all
      Honestly, if they could be opened in tournaments, it'd motivate me to play more tournaments. Which still generates more revenue.
      Since they can't be, I simply will resign to never getting them. And thus they lost an opportunity to get me to spend more. Their loss, but that's the way of it.

They had a real opportunity to drive people to play more. This could've easily been a fun way to get people to feel better about playing the game when they're not terribly good at it. But... nope. Oh well.
      Well, I'm sure some people will feel this way, but I'm sure others will be opening packs to get those sleeves. They're trying something new, and they listen to feedback and they look at the numbers. They may do things differently next time, or they may decide it worked as planned. Who knows for sure, but people shouldn't be to quick to criticize when this is literally a bonus
    • A bit bummed about the non tournament clause but, hey.

Still pretty cool, it creates a precedent in putting more shinies into future booster packs. So I'm good with it even if I probably won't get any of these sleeves considering I grind evos to build my collection.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Olfff ().

• I know a lot of people will complain, but I think this is great.

You can trade some EV for a chance at sweet sleeves. Don't want the sleeves? Doesn't hurt you at all. Want max EV? Well, time to make a choice then.

The only small problem is it'd probably just be better at certain break points (every 10 packs get a sleeve) but that may be a tech limitation. Just hate to see the really unlucky guy complaints.

But even as someone that doesn't open many packs outside of tournaments I'm pretty happy to see this.
    • KozHex wrote:

Well, I'm sure some people will feel this way, but I'm sure others will be opening packs to get those sleeves. They're trying something new, and they listen to feedback and they look at the numbers. They may do things differently next time, or they may decide it worked as planned. Who knows for sure, but people shouldn't be to quick to criticize when this is literally a bonus
      It's also taking some of the most desired sleeves and hiding them in a way most people will never see them. When I saw that art, I was REALLY hoping we'd get sleeves of them. But I can't afford to open packs BOTH in limited AND out of limited - them adding these sleeves doesn't somehow double my entertainment budget...

so I am providing the honest feedback that this decision is going to make me spend less money on the game, not out of spite, but out of simple math.

I am going to buy x number of packs at the start of the set(since the set isn't heavily mill-focused) because I like to do so. I have two options as to what to do with those packs: open them dry to try to get the sleeves that I really want, or play limited. I can't do both because each pack can only be opened once. Limited costs an extra tiny bit of plat, which I will also buy. If I am not going to be playing limited, I do not need to buy that plat for tournaments. As a result, that is money Hex does not get. So for every two packs I open to pursue these sleeves, Hex loses 100 plat in evo tournament fees.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

Blackwood wrote:

By that same measure, however, if they could be opened in the course of regular tournament / draft / etc. play then it is essentially a 'players already playing those modes don't need to do anything different' mode, while there is previously no good reason whatsoever to open packs outside of cracking them for a regular tournament / draft / etc.
      It seems really strange to me to have HOW you open the pack change its contents, honestly. A pack's a pack. How you open it SHOULDN'T affect the contents.
      Every time you draft how you're opening a pack is changing what you get. It's not changing the contents, but you're ripping a pack and not getting the same thing you'd get if you opened it normally or in a sealed.
    • Refugee wrote:

I know a lot of people will complain, but I think this is great.

You can trade some EV for a chance at sweet sleeves. Don't want the sleeves? Doesn't hurt you at all. Want max EV? Well, time to make a choice then.

The only small problem is it'd probably just be better at certain break points (every 10 packs get a sleeve) but that may be a tech limitation. Just hate to see the really unlucky guy complaints.

But even as someone that doesn't open many packs outside of tournaments I'm pretty happy to see this.
      We all know sleeve are the most useless thing people want. tie the sleeve reward with opening packs outside the tournament is really a bad move.
    • Shinjica wrote:

Refugee wrote:

I know a lot of people will complain, but I think this is great.

We all know sleeve are the most useless thing people want. tie the sleeve reward with opening packs outside the tournament is really a bad move.
      Are you suggesting that they should tie pack opening to something less useless to encourage people to open even more packs outside of tournaments?
    • AnomalyCobra wrote:

Yeah in a perfect world it would take 200 bucks worth of packs to collect these sleeves with a perfect 10% proc rate. I want these sleeves but i can't validate doing something so damaging to a collection just for a sleeve that has 0 value
      Well, you're also stacking the usual chance for primal packs, pulling valuable cards from those packs anyways, as well as chests (if you care about them) and so forth--it's not like you're pissing $200 in the wind just for sleeves.
    • Refugee wrote:

Are you suggesting that they should tie pack opening to something less useless to encourage people to open even more packs outside of tournaments?
      I think they should be less focused on HOW people open their packs, and more focused on simply getting people to play the game more. The more people play the game, the more money they get.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• I am torn. I love the idea to get these sleeves.... but c'mon the game need incentive to play the game and retain a high play activity longer.
      They should be granted at some regular win threshold in draft, evo maybe also in the constructed ladder but really no just for opening packs.

I see how it can be good for a direct impact on HexE incomes, but I think you would gain more at the end of the line if player can experience draft firing more often and evo queue lasting less longer after 2 or 3 weeks into a new set...

Personnaly I don't want to crack a pack for no play even for amazing sleeves when I may be need 10+ packs to get 1 !!
    • Eraia wrote:

I think they should be less focused on HOW people open their packs, and more focused on simply getting people to play the game more. The more people play the game, the more money they get.
      I'm certainly not the norm in this case, but I feel compelled to note for representation-sake that I'm someone who doesn't engage in tournaments or drafts whatsoever anymore and was going to skip buying packs for this set--and the inclusion of these sleeves has turned me into a Set 9 customer again.
    • Gregangel wrote:

I am torn. I love the idea to get these sleeves.... but c'mon the game need incentive to play the game and retain a high play activity longer.
      They should be granted at some regular win threshold in draft, evo maybe also in the constructed ladder but really no just for opening packs.

I see how it can be good for a direct impact on HexE income, but I think you would gain more at the end of the line if player can experience draft firing more often and evo queue lasting less longer after 2 or 3 weeks into a new set...
      This is actually a valid point.
    • Blackwood wrote:

I'm certainly not the norm in this case, but I feel compelled to note for representation-sake that I'm someone who doesn't engage in tournaments or drafts whatsoever anymore and was going to skip buying packs for this set--and the inclusion of these sleeves has turned me into a Set 9 customer again.
      Would these sleeves being 'every time you open a pack' rather than 'every time you open out of tournaments' have STOPPED you from being a set 9 customer?

• I like the initiative but dislike the execution i would honestly rather have 1% for every pack opened disregarding where than 10% when cracked in a unfavorable manner.

That said I'm not going to hate on it this was a interesting idea and shows that you guys listen.

I actually think 100% chance of getting 2 random of these from each primal would feel better to me because those you can't actually use any other way than cracking and it would give primals some love as they have steadily declined over time.
    • Eraia wrote:

Blackwood wrote:

Would these sleeves being 'every time you open a pack' rather than 'every time you open out of tournaments' have STOPPED you from being a set 9 customer?
      actually has a negative effect on my set 9 purchases in its current state, i know you weren't asking me but just putting it out there
    • Really nice artwork, definitely gonna try and get them lol

Not sure why all the complaints about not applying to tourneys. I mean, yeah it's not ideal for your personal EV but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't change anything about the way I open packs or spend money if I just got them as free handouts for doing something I was going to do anyway... If specific content isn't doing anything to generate revenue or playerbase for the developers, there's not a lot of motivation to spend time on it after all. If the alternatives are having the sleeves in the game or not having them in the game I'd rather have them in the game, especially since there's not a time limit or anything on getting them. At least they're easier to get than the ones from wheels of fate lol
    • AnomalyCobra wrote:

actually has a negative effect on my set 9 purchases in its current state, i know you weren't asking me but just putting it out there
      I agree. I feel the same. As I said above... it forces me to decide whether I want to play the game or not because packs I open that way are packs I can't use on evo(or draft, but I do WAY more evos than draft). Which is never a decision you should force on your customer.