Doombringer Pack Sleeves

    • Less money for Hex is a drawback. Sometimes it is worth risking a little negative for the potential at a bigger positive. That's kind of the whole TCG mantra. =) I'd be OK with queue times being a bit longer now if that meant that Hex was making more money, which led to them doing more cool things, which made more people join the game, which shortened the queue times. Let's see how it goes, and then Hex can use all their data to decide whether it was a net gain or not.
    • Mystery wrote:

      Less money for Hex is a drawback. Sometimes it is worth risking a little negative for the potential at a bigger positive. That's kind of the whole TCG mantra. =) I'd be OK with queue times being a bit longer now if that meant that Hex was making more money, which led to them doing more cool things, which made more people join the game, which shortened the queue times. Let's see how it goes, and then Hex can use all their data to decide whether it was a net gain or not.
      Well..we then just diagree on the evaluation of additional upside/additional downside for HXE.
      And you know what..thats fine. No need to continue on. We established where we agree and where we disagree but have the same basis.
      Thats how a constructive debate 'can' look like.
    • Shinjica wrote:

      Piecetinker wrote:

      If they sold the Sleeves say for example $3.50 a piece would that be better? Would you actually buy it? I am not talking about Platinum, I'm talking about a cold hard cash payment.
      i already bought dota 2 skin in the past and, if the game is good, i m happy spend money on it
      Give me a easy way to buy item and not by doing slotmachine
      Sure then I'm willing to compromise this as a solution then.
    • Wait all this is conflict is based around the assumption limited queues will fire less often if packs are cracked outside of limited queues?

      Well, provide proof of assumption as a fact and we can have a shift in dialogue. Till then we will see what happens in limited here shortly with the release celebration this weekend since that will begin to provide evidence.

      Then since we are serious let's get the data together, form a dissertation, have it peer reviewed and in a year publish our findings during set 12. Then! Yes then we will have facts, most of us will not click through or read to then leave an opinion.

      We are being silly at this point.
    • Mystery wrote:

      Less money for Hex is a drawback. Sometimes it is worth risking a little negative for the potential at a bigger positive. That's kind of the whole TCG mantra. =) I'd be OK with queue times being a bit longer now if that meant that Hex was making more money, which led to them doing more cool things, which made more people join the game, which shortened the queue times. Let's see how it goes, and then Hex can use all their data to decide whether it was a net gain or not.
      I am of the opinion that, right now, the most important thing Hex needs to do is encourage people to play in all game modes. Queue times are ALREADY driving people away(I know a few who quit after not being able to play an evo match at a time that worked for them for a week...). I feel like we're significantly underestimating the importance of people being able to actually play the game.

      That's why I hate this idea so much. It is VERY LIKELY it will increase queue times slightly, and has the potential to increase them significantly. All for a chance that it will generate significantly more revenue than just adding the sleeves to EVERY pack would.


      Mokog wrote:

      Well, provide proof of assumption as a fact and we can have a shift in dialogue. Till then we will see what happens in limited here shortly with the release celebration this weekend since that will begin to provide evidence.
      I am living evidence. I play limited a fair bit. Every two packs I open to hunt the sleeves means 3-7 less evo games I play. This is fact. So if I open 20 packs hunting for sleeves, that's 30-70 less limited matches that fire over the next few months.

      I doubt I'm the only person who:
      a) has a limited Hex budget
      b) Likes pretty sleeves enough to spend some of that budget pursuing them

      I have a REALLY hard time believing that I'm the only person who falls into both of the above categories. As a result, it seems reasonable to assume that there is at least SOME non-zero number of players out there who, like me, will open some packs looking for sleeves, reducing the number of potential limited matches(draft or evo) they can be a part of since their budget is finite, and packs opened for sleeves cannot also be used for limited.

      If we assume there are 10 people in a similar situation to me, and each of us are willing to open 20 packs looking for sleeves(a fairly conservative number on both counts, I think), that's mathematically between 300 and 700 less limited games that fire over the next few months.


      Piecetinker wrote:

      If they sold the Sleeves say for example $3.50 a piece would that be better? Would you actually buy it? I am not talking about Platinum, I'm talking about a cold hard cash payment.
      Honestly, I'd actually prefer they make purchasable cosmetics monetary as opposed to plat. And, yes, I would buy a few at that price.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Eraia ().

    • Eraia wrote:

      Mystery wrote:

      Less money for Hex is a drawback. Sometimes it is worth risking a little negative for the potential at a bigger positive. That's kind of the whole TCG mantra. =) I'd be OK with queue times being a bit longer now if that meant that Hex was making more money, which led to them doing more cool things, which made more people join the game, which shortened the queue times. Let's see how it goes, and then Hex can use all their data to decide whether it was a net gain or not.
      I am of the opinion that, right now, the most important thing Hex needs to do is encourage people to play in all game modes. Queue times are ALREADY driving people away(I know a few who quit after not being able to play an evo match at a time that worked for them for a week...). I feel like we're significantly underestimating the importance of people being able to actually play the game.
      That's why I hate this idea so much. It is VERY LIKELY it will increase queue times slightly, and has the potential to increase them significantly. All for a chance that it will generate significantly more revenue than just adding the sleeves to EVERY pack would.
      If they sold the Sleeves say for example $3.50 a piece would that be better? Would you actually buy it? I am not talking about Platinum, I'm talking about a cold hard cash payment.
    • Piecetinker wrote:

      If they sold the Sleeves say for example $3.50 a piece would that be better? Would you actually buy it? I am not talking about Platinum, I'm talking about a cold hard cash payment.
      Yes. I'd buy them all. In a heartbeat.
      Because right now, a pack is 200p which is, per platinum buying price, $2. If I have a 10% chance per pack cracked outside tournaments to get -a- random sleeve (with no duplicates), I'd be saving a large amount of money if I could get all six edit: ten immediately and then purchase the packs I want/need.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Zyblen ().

    • Piecetinker wrote:

      Eraia wrote:

      Mystery wrote:

      Less money for Hex is a drawback. Sometimes it is worth risking a little negative for the potential at a bigger positive. That's kind of the whole TCG mantra. =) I'd be OK with queue times being a bit longer now if that meant that Hex was making more money, which led to them doing more cool things, which made more people join the game, which shortened the queue times. Let's see how it goes, and then Hex can use all their data to decide whether it was a net gain or not.
      I am of the opinion that, right now, the most important thing Hex needs to do is encourage people to play in all game modes. Queue times are ALREADY driving people away(I know a few who quit after not being able to play an evo match at a time that worked for them for a week...). I feel like we're significantly underestimating the importance of people being able to actually play the game.That's why I hate this idea so much. It is VERY LIKELY it will increase queue times slightly, and has the potential to increase them significantly. All for a chance that it will generate significantly more revenue than just adding the sleeves to EVERY pack would.
      If they sold the Sleeves say for example $3.50 a piece would that be better? Would you actually buy it? I am not talking about Platinum, I'm talking about a cold hard cash payment.
      Good thing you are not shifting the topic..

      Half joking here. It is fine to discuss a different aspect but Eraia wasnt speaking about that.
    • Well this has certainly been an interesting read so far! There is way too much for me to respond to over all, but just wanted to float a couple of things:

      As I mentioned earlier, 10% chance is too low for me personally to commit packs to gambling. I won't spend any extra to do so.
      A higher chance (say in the 30-50% range) would induce me to spend at least $50 EXTRA (additional money to HexEnt, additional cards in the pool, etc etc) that i normally would not spend. Realistically, I'd probably be close enough at that point that I would convince myself to spend whatever was needed to pick up the last few sleeves. This would accomplish all the goals mentioned so far in this thread that I've read.

      If there was a chance to obtain these sleeves with packs opened regardless of the method (I.E. in limited) I would also spend more than usual. The reason is because if I'm collecting passively through something I already was doing anyways, I would be incentivized to spend a little more than normal to complete the collection. Again, a win/win.

      If sleeves were obtainable from acquiring packs (I.E. like primals) same thing, I'd be incentivized to acquire packs for the sleeves.

      if sleeves were purchasable from the store for up to 300p (being as there are 10 of them), I'd buy most if not all of them.

      If sleeves were obtainable by ANY combination of the above, I would be motivated to acquire them.

      But as is, I simply cannot get behind the idea of gambling packs for such a low percentage chance at sleeves. I'm not going to get into the issue of incentivizing certain playstyles, or who is a whale or not, or any of that other stuff. I'm simply going to say, as a (now) fairly casual guy, I want HexEnt to know why I will NOT chase these in the method presented, but how they CAN get me to spend money, open packs, and chase these IF that is there goal. If their goal is simply to give sleeves to people cracking packs outside tournaments, and not making any money to do so, I believe that ties into previous discussions about their monetization strategy and is pretty dissapointing. Not world ending, anguished, how will the game survive! But dissapointing all the same.

      sorry for typos, forgot coffee today ||
    • Piecetinker wrote:

      If they sold the Sleeves say for example $3.50 a piece would that be better? Would you actually buy it? I am not talking about Platinum, I'm talking about a cold hard cash payment.
      I edited into the above comment, but yes.

      I feel as though they should DEFINITELY do some cash payment cosmetics.


      Before I mostly stopped playing LoL, I had spent well over a hundred dollars there on cosmetics. I've spent over 100 on WoW cosmetics before I quit. I'm currently debating buying some FFXIV cosmetics...

      So yes. Absolutely. I would buy at least one of the sleeves at that price.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

      Mystery wrote:

      Less money for Hex is a drawback. Sometimes it is worth risking a little negative for the potential at a bigger positive. That's kind of the whole TCG mantra. =) I'd be OK with queue times being a bit longer now if that meant that Hex was making more money, which led to them doing more cool things, which made more people join the game, which shortened the queue times. Let's see how it goes, and then Hex can use all their data to decide whether it was a net gain or not.
      I am of the opinion that, right now, the most important thing Hex needs to do is encourage people to play in all game modes. Queue times are ALREADY driving people away(I know a few who quit after not being able to play an evo match at a time that worked for them for a week...). I feel like we're significantly underestimating the importance of people being able to actually play the game.
      That's why I hate this idea so much. It is VERY LIKELY it will increase queue times slightly, and has the potential to increase them significantly. All for a chance that it will generate significantly more revenue than just adding the sleeves to EVERY pack would.
      There are other things you don't consider Eraia... that is called time. By putting them in dratfs, I would not have the time to play more.. so it will not increase my play time, but i do have the disposable income to spend an extra 100$ if i want.

      I know that most of you say to just put them in packs (in or out of tournament) but i just wanted to point out that for me, they will get extra $ for being out of tournament. It will not decrease my play time (nor would it increase it if it was tournament linked)

      There are too many factors to consider to think that it will change anything (including people's disposable income to this game, time that people have etc)

      Our point of views are different and no matter what you and I say we actually can only talk for ourselves (your going to play less limited to open the packs vs I have money but not the time so i'll just crack more packs)

      If it were just you and me playing the game the impact would me

      - More money for hex (you spent the same amount in packs but in different ways and I increased my spending)
      - Less games that fire (you would not have the packs to play the limited games after a while)


      but this is not a you and me game. Its a thousands of people game. people have time, people have money, people are collectors, people love the idea, people hate the idea, might increase cards in stocks, might make people quit, might make people spend more, might might might. those are all things that can happen.

      YOU will play less, and YOU think that it will increase queue time and have bad impact. I think it will increase $$ to hex and not change nothing to queues, but you know what... who knows!!!! Lets wait and see.
    • I'm still skeptical that this will actually have any negative impact on queue times at all. I think there are far, far badder fish to fry when it comes to Hex's issues with queue times and that is dramatically more a case of player population density than it is whether or not there are tens/hundreds/thousands of theoretical players who might fret over whether they should engage with a Hex queue or have a 10% shot at a sleeve.
    • Metronomy wrote:

      Piecetinker wrote:

      Eraia wrote:

      Mystery wrote:

      Less money for Hex is a drawback. Sometimes it is worth risking a little negative for the potential at a bigger positive. That's kind of the whole TCG mantra. =) I'd be OK with queue times being a bit longer now if that meant that Hex was making more money, which led to them doing more cool things, which made more people join the game, which shortened the queue times. Let's see how it goes, and then Hex can use all their data to decide whether it was a net gain or not.
      I am of the opinion that, right now, the most important thing Hex needs to do is encourage people to play in all game modes. Queue times are ALREADY driving people away(I know a few who quit after not being able to play an evo match at a time that worked for them for a week...). I feel like we're significantly underestimating the importance of people being able to actually play the game.That's why I hate this idea so much. It is VERY LIKELY it will increase queue times slightly, and has the potential to increase them significantly. All for a chance that it will generate significantly more revenue than just adding the sleeves to EVERY pack would.
      If they sold the Sleeves say for example $3.50 a piece would that be better? Would you actually buy it? I am not talking about Platinum, I'm talking about a cold hard cash payment.
      good thing you are not shifting the topic..
      Ah, now we are getting to the good stuff. :)

      I am most definitely shifting from Eraia's claim, but overly curious if this is something that he would be happy with.
    • Portensio wrote:

      YOU will play less, and YOU think that it will increase queue time and have bad impact. I think it will increase $$ to hex and not change nothing to queues, but you know what... who knows!!!! Lets wait and see.
      I actually think it will do both. I know it will increase queue times somewhat, because I know there will be at least a few players who will be able to play less. The question is whether that change will be noticable. I also know it will generate more revenue, because I know there are players like you. The question, on that, is also whether it will be noticable.

      The problem is that if BOTH are noticable, then Hex suddenly has more money but no games firing, and that's a much harder issue to solve. ;)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

      Piecetinker wrote:

      If they sold the Sleeves say for example $3.50 a piece would that be better? Would you actually buy it? I am not talking about Platinum, I'm talking about a cold hard cash payment.
      I edited into the above comment, but yes.
      I feel as though they should DEFINITELY do some cash payment cosmetics.


      Before I mostly stopped playing LoL, I had spent well over a hundred dollars there on cosmetics. I've spent over 100 on WoW cosmetics before I quit. I'm currently debating buying some FFXIV cosmetics...

      So yes. Absolutely. I would buy at least one of the sleeves at that price.
      So then this is something that seems fair, doesn't distract from "playing the game", and avoids a slot-machine. Finally, you get to choose which Sleeve you really want. Of course this doesn't solve the pack opening experience, but it is good to know that if Hex decided to sell cosmetics outside of Platinum/Gold, people are willing to fork up some cash to buy the things they want.