Doombringer Pack Sleeves

• outside of a tournament? :(

@vestris - prettymuch every time they post an article, the link is here about 3-4 minutes before the article appears due to some weird sync things within their website software... at least, from what they've said in the past.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • DogeyMcDogeface wrote:

Outside of a tournament means we can still get them in evo and draft right ?
      I believe that what they mean is exactly the opposite of that. You can only get them when 'dry' opening packs, as it were. (which honestly means they might as well not exist for most players...)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Before people complain too much about the non-tournament thing, remember that that this is absolutely free and something they didn't have to do. Only getting them by opening packs normally will probably result in more packs being opened overall, and that will help pay for them to do stuff like this. Remember, if they can't pay the bills, stuff like this won't be done at all
    • KozHex wrote:

Before people complain too much about the non-tournament thing, remember that that this is absolutely free and something they didn't have to do. Only getting them by opening packs normally will probably result in more packs being opened overall, and that will help pay for them to do stuff like this. Remember, if they can't pay the bills, stuff like this won't be done at all
      Honestly, if they could be opened in tournaments, it'd motivate me to play more tournaments. Which still generates more revenue.

Since they can't be, I simply will resign to never getting them. And thus they lost an opportunity to get me to spend more(in fact, it might actually become a counter-motivation... since it turns opening packs in limited into a feel-bad experience, to a degree... I dunno). Their loss, but that's the way of it.

They had a real opportunity to drive people to play more. This could've easily been a fun way to get people to feel better about playing the game when they're not terribly good at it. But... nope. Oh well.

• Eraia wrote:

DogeyMcDogeface wrote:

Outside of a tournament means we can still get them in evo and draft right ?
      I believe that what they mean is exactly the opposite of that. You can only get them when 'dry' opening packs, as it were. (which honestly means they might as well not exist for most players...)
      I dunno about that. This will increase the overall value of packs since more people will be opening them trying to earn the sleeves, so for someone like me who is not interested in opening packs, it means mine will sell for a higher price. In theory.
    • Eraia wrote:

Honestly, if they could be opened in tournaments, it'd motivate me to play more tournaments. Which still generates more revenue.
      Since they can't be, I simply will resign to never getting them. And thus they lost an opportunity to get me to spend more. Their loss, but that's the way of it.

They had a real opportunity to drive people to play more. This could've easily been a fun way to get people to feel better about playing the game when they're not terribly good at it. But... nope. Oh well.
      By that same measure, however, if they could be opened in the course of regular tournament / draft / etc. play then it is essentially a 'players already playing those modes don't need to do anything different' mode, while there is previously no good reason whatsoever to open packs outside of cracking them for a regular tournament / draft / etc.
    • Blackwood wrote:

By that same measure, however, if they could be opened in the course of regular tournament / draft / etc. play then it is essentially a 'players already playing those modes don't need to do anything different' mode, while there is previously no good reason whatsoever to open packs outside of cracking them for a regular tournament / draft / etc.
      It seems really strange to me to have HOW you open the pack change its contents, honestly. A pack's a pack. How you open it SHOULDN'T affect the contents.

• I would just like to note how happy I am that HXE took the sleeve / logo feedback to heart. Still present on the sleeves, but subtle enough that it doesn't detract from the beautiful art.

Eraia wrote:

It seems really strange to me to have HOW you open the pack change its contents, honestly. A pack's a pack. How you open it SHOULDN'T affect the contents.

I don't disagree, I just see why they went this route and was noting that it is an incentive for pack-cracking outside the context of tournament / queue play, which is revenue-motivated. People playing tournaments are already playing tournaments, but I would wager the number of people cracking packs just to open them (apart from oddballs like me) are comparatively few.