Sleeves for purchace in Chark Mart

    • Sleeves for purchace in Chark Mart

      Hello dear Hexers,

      I am opening a suggestion/discussion here whether or not the community would like various sleeves being available for purchase in the game's store.
      Speaking for myself, I would love to be able to buy some sleeves from the store for a reasonable price.
      Also, I believe that sleeves may become a good source of income for the game.
      I have read that people would like resources pictured on sleeves, or even make a card of their choice into one.
      Let me know what you think.
      Thank you. :)
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

      Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Sometimes I have to jest stop and wonder at how many game companies I have seen ignore potential revenue streams.

      I would much rather know that I didn't get an in game item because I couldn't afford it, than have it rubbed in my face that : "You will never get that because yer not good at PvP "..

      Anyhoo, if people will buy 10 dolla battle boards, no reason to think they wouldn't buy sleeves.
    • I’ve been wondering for some time why don’t they open every non-aa to be purchased as a sleeve in Chark Mart. Looks like extremely low-hanging fruit that can add some revenue. Since the assets are there and there’s no need to work on them, 100plat each or so seems a good price, and leave AAs and AAAs as fancy prizes.
      I will take responsibility for what I have done,” Dalinar whispered. “If I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.”
    • there's a few cosmetic things they could add to make money in the shop, sleeves, alternate frame styles, alternate mercenary art, custom token sets, themed UI layouts, none of these give players advantage and could make money.

      But if anything they'll probably try to shove these into chests because god forbid you actually buy items you want in in a modern video game, no you have to play slots to get the skins you want.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

      I think sleeves and battleboards being tradeable would open up some doors. Mostly doors the community would benefit from.
      This thread is about if we'd like them to be purchasable, not about being tradable. But since you mentioned it, I'd like to read your opinion on how this opens beneficial doors, cause I can't get my head around it at the moment. How I see it, it's better for them not to be tradable, but be sure that you won't get a double, rather than stack up multiple copies of the same cosmetic. Notice, I am not arguing with you that what you say is wrong, just discussing here cause I do not understand. :)
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

      Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Utremeld wrote:

      Make sleeves tradeable, solve all problems.

      NicoSharp wrote:

      I think sleeves and battleboards being tradeable would open up some doors. Mostly doors the community would benefit from.

      Norwind wrote:

      I see sleeves as achievements. I know some sleeves really aren't, but most are given because you did something special. As such, I don't like having most of them tradeable.
      Or by saying tradeable you mean purchasable, as tradeable for platinum? I hope not :P Cause if that's the case I misunderstood everyone's posts. :)
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

      Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Norwind wrote:

      I see sleeves as achievements. I know some sleeves really aren't, but most are given because you did something special. As such, I don't like having most of them tradeable.
      I kind of feel like there're two types of sleeves.

      1) 'status' sleeves - holiday sleeves, alpha player, ccs winner, collector deck, etc.
      2) 'loot' leeves - kismet draft sleeves, chest sleeves, these new pack sleeves

      I feel like the first category should be bound to your account. I don't want to see someone selling CCS Winner sleeves. But the second category? Absolutely I'd be okay with it.

      (Also I'd totally be on board with them selling sleeves from the chark mart for either plat or gold... or for just straight up real money too)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • AxelDWater wrote:

      Utremeld wrote:

      Make sleeves tradeable, solve all problems.

      NicoSharp wrote:

      I think sleeves and battleboards being tradeable would open up some doors. Mostly doors the community would benefit from.

      Norwind wrote:

      I see sleeves as achievements. I know some sleeves really aren't, but most are given because you did something special. As such, I don't like having most of them tradeable.
      Or by saying tradeable you mean purchasable, as tradeable for platinum? I hope not :P Cause if that's the case I misunderstood everyone's posts. :)
      Purchase at a set store price in infinite quantities is unideal for a game with an active market, we want to be able to trade sleeves through the AH or Mail system so that sleeves can have a market determined price and players who have excess sleeves or rare sleeves or sleeves they don't like can sell them and make money for other things. Hex selling them in client only generates money for Hex and while thats cool and all, I would like to sell my sleeves because 90% of them are hideous and I would take cash instead of this garbage any day.
    • PlatinumDeTwenty wrote:

      Utremeld wrote:

      Alternate art shards. Alternate art shards. Alternate art shards.
      I'll admit I'd probably fork over money if they ever introduced an elf themed set of alt art basic shards
      The basic shard art is dated and didn't look good to begin with, if I could replace it I would in a heartbeat. I really feel like theme decks should also come with thematic AA shards and we should be able to purchase different options from the shop that are not part of a thematic deck but just look interesting. I think a lot of people would buy into it.
    • I wasn't aware he had said that, but I think it may be an issue with value. I think the decks and battle boards are slightly overpriced.

      I think if they sold sleeves at reasonable prices they would see quite a bit of sales. I could be wrong of course, but it wouldn't cost them much to experiment and find out one way or another
    • KozHex wrote:

      I wasn't aware he had said that, but I think it may be an issue with value. I think the decks and battle boards are slightly overpriced.

      I think if they sold sleeves at reasonable prices they would see quite a bit of sales. I could be wrong of course, but it wouldn't cost them much to experiment and find out one way or another
      There is also a question of # of players. When you are a complete F2P game and have a player base of 100k, selling cosmetics for 2-3$ is easy and sells fast. When your player base is more like 10k (or even less) it might not justify selling them at 2-3$ (I'm just guessing here as I have no idea on exact playerbase and purchase history)

      I still think that sleeves in the store is a good Idea. Simply put that the art is already done!!! so there is no extra cost (like the battleboards, or the collector decks where you need to commission another art and make it animated)