Sleeves for purchace in Chark Mart

• Portensio wrote:

KozHex wrote:

Yes, I would gladly buy sleeves in the shop. I have no idea why they haven't done that yet. Seems like a (relativity) cheap way to generate revenue
      I think that Cory said that the battle boards and collector decks where not selling so strong. soooo maybe thats why

Portensio wrote:

KozHex wrote:

I wasn't aware he had said that, but I think it may be an issue with value. I think the decks and battle boards are slightly overpriced.

I think if they sold sleeves at reasonable prices they would see quite a bit of sales. I could be wrong of course, but it wouldn't cost them much to experiment and find out one way or another
      There is also a question of # of players. When you are a complete F2P game and have a player base of 100k, selling cosmetics for 2-3$ is easy and sells fast. When your player base is more like 10k (or even less) it might not justify selling them at 2-3$ (I'm just guessing here as I have no idea on exact playerbase and purchase history)
      I still think that sleeves in the store is a good Idea. Simply put that the art is already done!!! so there is no extra cost (like the battleboards, or the collector decks where you need to commission another art and make it animated)
      Having regular art sleeves and animated at different prices would be awesome. Even more awesome would be a " get the card you want for sleeve" but I think that would demand lots of developing hours unless they could make a tool for converting card art onto a sleeve.(I am clueless about these stuff)
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Khendral wrote:

I’ve been wondering for some time why don’t they open every non-aa to be purchased as a sleeve in Chark Mart. Looks like extremely low-hanging fruit that can add some revenue. Since the assets are there and there’s no need to work on them, 100plat each or so seems a good price, and leave AAs and AAAs as fancy prizes.

AxelDWater wrote:

This thread is about if we'd like them to be purchasable, not about being tradable. But since you mentioned it, I'd like to read your opinion on how this opens beneficial doors, cause I can't get my head around it at the moment.

Eraia wrote:

Norwind wrote:

I see sleeves as achievements. I know some sleeves really aren't, but most are given because you did something special. As such, I don't like having most of them tradeable.
      I kind of feel like there're two types of sleeves.
      1) 'status' sleeves - holiday sleeves, alpha player, ccs winner, collector deck, etc.
      2) 'loot' leeves - kismet draft sleeves, chest sleeves, these new pack sleeves

I feel like the first category should be bound to your account. I don't want to see someone selling CCS Winner sleeves. But the second category? Absolutely I'd be okay with it.

(Also I'd totally be on board with them selling sleeves from the chark mart for either plat or gold... or for just straight up real money too)

I'd value the Verdant Mixologist AA sleeve at 1000P, if they were to make that.
      We all have our favorite pieces of art, after all.

Way I see it, doing limited quantity releases with a max 1 purchase to a single account is the best way to go.
      Which is to say, for example: HexEnt releases 500 copies of a Baby Yeti sleeve to Chark Mart.
      They're tradable, and you can only purchase it once to an account, and when the 500 stock is bought out, it's bought out for good.
      They release 3 sleeves at first, and then additional sleeves at regular intervals, as is suitable for demand.
      These sleeves would be selected by popular vote, and be restricted to common and uncommon non-AA cards.

Okay, that won't help cards like my Verdant Mixologist AA any, but maybe we can also do a "trade in 20x of a release celebration AA in and get the corresponding Sleeve". It should help bump up the AH value of the cards (and the appeal of running gauntlets during release celebration), as well.

In short, there's ways to do it that make sense and will help the economy more than hurt it, while- as Eraia noted- status sleeves won't in any way become involved in this process anymore than status AA get released outside of their events, and thus their appeal won't in any way be hindered. (And thus also won't in any way hurt the elements that AxelDWater mentions which, yes, are best left the way they are.)

Of course, personally I'd be happy if they'd just more reliably put their Steam packages on Sale, and properly announce the fact somewhere when it happens. I'd gladly buy each and all of the DLCs for the $10.04 they get down to (other than the thoroughly trashy Entrath Awaits one, which I'd only pay $3 for- seriously, ew), but the last time I've seen any one of them go on sale was 2016 (and I missed that because it wasn't during a Steam Sale and wasn't announced anywhere).

Marketing definitely hasn't struck me as being a strong point for HexEnt, unfortunately.
    • Portensio wrote:

I think that Cory said that the battle boards and collector decks where not selling so strong. soooo maybe thats why
      Honestly, that's a lot to put down just for AAA sleeves and an AAA legendary. Some of the AAs included in collector decks are nice, but overall, the decks (not including the sleeves) typically end up being valued at maybe 600P, and that after including AA price bumps. 2000P and infinite duration makes for something that appeals only to a very niche set of players (while 800~1200P and limited duration might get significantly more interest).

Also, they really need to up the animation quality, it's downright awfully done on some cards (cheaply stretching and distorting features, rather than giving them the impression of movement). Other than the Herofall and Hero of Legend AAAs, I haven't seen a single one I'd consider paying half the price of the base card for, much pay less extra for. As a specific example of that, compare the subtly of Hero of Legend and Herofall to the erratic imagery of Locke of the Pack, who gets his head smushed and arm stretched each time C.A.G.E. lifts him up.

If they're going to ramp up price that much for AAA-ing, then they should really make sure each AAA is worth that price increase.

As far as the battleboards, I had to disable battleboards and the main menu background animation completely after the Unity/Set7 update, because they were breaking everything. If HexEnt wants me to take battleboards seriously, then they should make them more distinct, cheaper, and, y'know, usable.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Azuchi ().

• Portensio wrote:

Huh, 10 and 20 dollars cosmetics aren't selling well in a game with a small playerbase? Who woulda guessed?!?

Seriously though... that's the problem. If the game wants to get people to buy cosmetics, they need cheaper cosmetics. The number of people who will pay 10 dollars per item for cosmetics is exponentially lower than the number who will play 2-3 per item, in most cases. The exception being when you hit something truly incredible.

That being said, I do think the collector deck is actually priced pretty well for what it is - it has some good synergistic cards, some neat AAs, and a sleeve(I do wish they would use their commons/uncommons to make the deck more 'playable as is'). The problem is there's no intermediate ways to spend money. 20 dollars is great for an upper end cosmetic.

However, we need some 2-5 dollar cosmetics. And those root sleeves(wink wink nudge nudge Hex) would be a great place to start with that (say no more say no more)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • To add to what Eraia said above, I'd buy WAY more cosmetics at cheaper prices. $10 for a battleboard? seems spendy to me, I've bought a few but can't justify all of them. If they were $5, I'd own all of them without hesitation.

I think the collector decks are relatively fairly priced. Again, I've bought a few (95% of the reason is for the sleeves alone) but if they were cheaper I'd probably buy them all.

If sleeves were available in Chark Mart for up to $5, I'd probably buy them all.

The issue as i see it, is that Hex needs more money sinks for cosmetics that appeal to people at lower price points. Yeah, it might feel really good to sell X of those $10 battleboards, but how many multiples of X would you sell at $5? I'd strongly advocate for a lower margin higher volume approach than what they are currently trying. I sincerely believe they are simply pricing out a large portion of willing consumers would would spend more if given a better value. I'm one of them. As I mentioned elsewhere, HexEnt is leaving my money on the table with their approach to the root sleeves. I won't gamble packs for such a pitiful drop rate. $0 extra revenue. If they were in the store (I think $3-$5 is the sweetspot) I'd buy all of them. That's an extra $30-$50 in revenue.

And to clarify, I'd be happy to spend real world money (not just plat) on those items for the store as well.
    • Autzen wrote:

To add to what Eraia said above, I'd buy WAY more cosmetics at cheaper prices. $10 for a battleboard? seems spendy to me, I've bought a few but can't justify all of them. If they were $5, I'd own all of them without hesitation.

I think the collector decks are relatively fairly priced. Again, I've bought a few (95% of the reason is for the sleeves alone) but if they were cheaper I'd probably buy them all.

If sleeves were available in Chark Mart for up to $5, I'd probably buy them all.

The issue as i see it, is that Hex needs more money sinks for cosmetics that appeal to people at lower price points. Yeah, it might feel really good to sell X of those $10 battleboards, but how many multiples of X would you sell at $5? I'd strongly advocate for a lower margin higher volume approach than what they are currently trying. I sincerely believe they are simply pricing out a large portion of willing consumers would would spend more if given a better value. I'm one of them. As I mentioned elsewhere, HexEnt is leaving my money on the table with their approach to the root sleeves. I won't gamble packs for such a pitiful drop rate. $0 extra revenue. If they were in the store (I think $3-$5 is the sweetspot) I'd buy all of them. That's an extra $30-$50 in revenue.

And to clarify, I'd be happy to spend real world money (not just plat) on those items for the store as well.
      Some of the pve mode battle boards are just not super cool. Honestly I think that some stuff they only option to PC should be available on PSN there as well. Like The kismit packs. 15000G vampire pack while you cant use the PVE cards currently the AA's would be nice to be obtainable but on the flip side of that Yeah 15000G is a huge amount of work on PSN.