Friday Update Update! 3.09.18

• Friday Update Update! 3.09.18

Well Hello Hex people! ...so a few of you may have noticed that the Update to the Update was sadly missing for a few months... WELL I am finally back and I can NOW tell you it was ALL Jared's fault... That's right... he hired a high profile lawyer and sued me for defamation and slander!!! the fucking NERVE of that guy! well the trial is over and we settled out of court... per the terms of our settlement, I must officially apologize for the terrible way I represented Jared and post an approved stock photo... of the "REAL" Jared...

Dear Jared and Jared's High Power Lawyer,
      I am very sorry... for real... I will never again make you the butt of totally hilarious jokes again...

now for the photo

WOW! we usually don't see Jared with his top off... (and in Black and White) around the office... AMAZING, he has very proud nipples... well there it is the court ordered stuff is out of the way...

SOOOOOOO......
      Its FRIDAY!!! holy shit and not just any FRIDAY the FRIDAY before the new set launches... I am having a total 1KB meltdown! The new cards look amazing, (I have one I will spoil in a bit) I am so excited to play the new set, and now its not just about Draft and Constructed... I get to look at all the fun new stuff to drag over to my Siege defense!! As far as Fridays go it really doesn't get any better than this, and I say that hot on the heels of a Thursday that looked like this:

Thursday
      11 am: Get up
      1:30 pm: Lunch
      3:30 pm: Hot Butter Massage
      5:30 pm: Smoke a pound of weed
      6:00 pm - 2:00 am: watch cartoons

so Friday has big shoes to fill and in this case it pulled it off!!!

First item on the update is the launch of Doom Bringer and the release celebration weekend... I hope you can make it! we have some fun prizes
      I love the regular Root Beer Floater but the alternate is super cool and you really do need both in your collection.

We also have some stuff going away... the animated sleeves came back briefly but I want to be clear this the last chance, once those are gone that's it, never coming back.

The Cosmic Crown Showdown is this weekend and let me say a personal THANK YOU to Snake and Hacky for doing the commentary on our official channel, clearly this is something we need to do a great job with if we want to grow HEX and I feel very confident with Snake and Hacky at the helm. We have some great and dedicated streams and streamers focused on HEX and we hope to do even more in the future to support them and help grow the audience.

Next UP, We have the its your card challenge... all the designs are great, Bootlace's sounds pretty crazy and really want to johnny build a deck around Duckletts... making the everything cost 3 deck with that troop would be super fun. be sure to go vote

CLASH AND BASH REFRESH!!! can I get a WHOOP WHOOP!
      some good looking rewards right there, and as you can imagine I very partial to that dreamy battleboard! Looks like Brosi partied a little to hard and now his potent potable is spilling into the stream... the glowing dream butterflies are really great, wait till you see it in game... they light up the stuff around them... its very beautiful

the sleeves are also great, I know how the bride feels... Runebind is SOOOO frustrating!

AND FINALLY the spoilers...

First up its no secret we love putting people we admire and respect into HEX and the tribute that Jenson represents is a perfect example... its nice to have a platform to show how much an artist has meant to you. And sometimes it a light inspiration from a fictional character that moves you... :)

I give you SUGARPUSS our KING OF CANDY!

What are these Dandy Candies you ask?

MMMM... some sweet treats, and because I just love this guy so much, we have one more card featuring the sugary confection connoisseur...

WOW... I love the character and I love the cards, totally my style! I want a deck full of candy.

Well that's all for this Friday update to the update...

We've had a bunch of stuff happen in the last three month... we launched PS4 for US EU and now Japan, next week our partners at Sony Japan will be doing some marketing for HEX and we have a new version of the tutorial on console that should be finished soon and after that WE have a little marketing planned for the console network. Overall the launch on console has been a success and we have a BUNCH of new players to thanks to branching out our platforms. As I mentioned above we also launched SIEGE and I am super proud of the feature, its just as fun as I hoped it would be and just this week we had our first big meeting about next steps... first and foremost we will continue to improve the AI (this will probably always be going on but its getting a big focus right now), we also have some small quality of life stuff we will work on knocking out quickly (auto re-post keep, notice you are being attacked, seeing the cards of opponent in practice mode, etc.) all the low hanging fruit. The next big system will more than likely be a combination of a rewards structure and leader board, with unique FUN prizes.

before I go let me say again how much I appreciate your support, everyone on the team works incredible hard (except me, I focus on butter massages) and every-time you play or post or enjoy what we do it makes it all worthwhile.

love, cory
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

. first and foremost we will continue to improve the AI (this will probably always be going on but its getting a big focus right now), we also have some small quality of life stuff we will work on knocking out quickly (auto re-post keep, notice you are being attacked, seeing the cards of opponent in practice mode, etc.) all the low hanging fruit. The next big system will more than likely be a combination of a rewards structure and leader board, with unique FUN prizes.
      This just made my day, I just can't WAIT to be able to see the AI's hand in practice... will save an immense amount of time for deck testing! Other features are exactly what most active players have been wanting. Cheers for many, many more hours of Siege gameplay to come!
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

We also have some stuff going away... the animated sleeves came back briefly but I want to be clear this the last chance, once those are gone that's it, never coming back
      i throw here an amazing idea see elswhere... we never know... :
      Transform the fabulous rare ressources into sleeve and after week end celebration use them as reward in limited in the same way.

1/ Good way to keep the draft activity high longer
      2/ make good use of amazing arts we never see in play...
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

we launched PS4 for US EU and now Japan, next week our partners at Sony Japan will be doing some marketing for HEX and we have a new version of the tutorial on console that should be finished soon and after that WE have a little marketing planned for the console network. Overall the launch on console has been a success and we have a BUNCH of new players to thanks to branching out our platforms.
      Honestly the most important piece of information.

While I can't empirically agree with the stated result, I'll be definitely trying to catch a glimpse of this marketing at long last, after 6 months of waiting.