Card Spotlight – A Remnant of Hope

    • Not this thread, these forums.

      I saw a lot of assumption that the rare shards will be split over two sets, and could not find anything confirm this. So I asked. The answer I got was "use logic".

      Logic is the reason why I asked in the first place. "Logic" has lost its meaning. Sigh.
    • Hacky wrote:


      But these forums are extremely toxic. No one questions potentially faulty "logic". No one questions lack of concrete information. That's because questioning the assumption is met with cynicism.

      I was wondering when we would reach the weekly quota of "The forums are toxic" posts, thank you for the contribution. We need all the hard wording posters to make sure that the expression 'toxic' is completely worn down to the bone so that it means nothing and we just can't let LoL, Overwatch, PUBG, etc. have all the fun in greatly exaggerating aggression and anti-personable behavior on an internet forum. Soon we'll have to pick on new words besides 'troll' and 'toxic' because its picked dry like 'flame' was so many years ago.

      The circle of life is beautiful aint it?
    • Then let's drop that tangent entirely. (I don't edit my posts to remove content. What I say is what I say, for better or for worse)

      -----

      I still do not see confirmation that the rare shards are the only 5 in this set.

      I see a lot of assumption that they might be. There is precedent for it. There are good reasons for it.

      But at the same time, many have already taken this assumption as fact. I ask, "is it?"

      Whether the assumption turns out to be true or not, does not make a difference to me. The question is still worth asking.
    • Hacky wrote:




      I saw a lot of assumption that the rare shards will be split over two sets, and could not find anything confirm this. So I asked. The answer I got was "use logic".

      Logic is the reason why I asked in the first place. "Logic" has lost its meaning. Sigh.
      There are three lines of evidence suggesting that Doombringer will only have half of the color pairs.

      1. The article today contained these, but did not contain any of the others. While not conclusive, it would be poor communication to knowingly give the impression that we're only getting these shards for half of the shard pairs if that were not true.

      2. Past Precedent. Half of the Wells were released in Herofall, half in Scars.

      3. Despite several Developers reading this threat, the (quite reasonable) assumption that we're only getting half with this set has not been commented on. It would be unusual PR management to not clarify the point if, in fact, they were printing all 10 of these for Doombringer after a number of players have expressed disappointment that they aren't. Particularly when Jeff, one of the more prominent members of the community, is among that number.

      Is this conclusive? No. But there's certainly a logical inference to be made here. And unless I've overlooked something there is no evidence suggesting that the other five shard combinations are in fact in this set. Proving a negative is a very difficult thing.
    • ThufirHawat wrote:


      Is this conclusive? No. But there's certainly a logical inference to be made here. And unless I've overlooked something there is no evidence suggesting that the other five shard combinations are in fact in this set. Proving a negative is a very difficult thing.

      You've pointed out the same things that I noticed. It is very reasonable to assume the inference.

      It's still an inference. Not yet confirmed fact. And it likely won't be confirmed until we get a full spoiler. That's okay, my original question here is satisfied.
    • There is absolutely no reason to make such a big deal out of it, though. We don't have a release date for the set either, but logic dictates it'll be within the next 2 weeks. Will you come up and say "I see no confirmation, the set may release in 2 years." Your contradicting of such simple things is unecessary and doesn't even promote any usefull discussion.
    • Utremeld wrote:

      Hacky wrote:

      But these forums are extremely toxic. No one questions potentially faulty "logic". No one questions lack of concrete information. That's because questioning the assumption is met with cynicism.
      I was wondering when we would reach the weekly quota of "The forums are toxic" posts, thank you for the contribution. We need all the hard wording posters to make sure that the expression 'toxic' is completely worn down to the bone so that it means nothing and we just can't let LoL, Overwatch, PUBG, etc. have all the fun in greatly exaggerating aggression and anti-personable behavior on an internet forum. Soon we'll have to pick on new words besides 'troll' and 'toxic' because its picked dry like 'flame' was so many years ago.

      The circle of life is beautiful aint it?
      Well you should question why we have this inflation of the word "toxic"

      Some people complain in every post they make and always try to assume the worst possible behind each step HEX makes.

      I am quit sure, if we get today the announcement "10 free packs for everyone" we have some replies like

      - why not 20 packs?
      - its not fair because Kickstarter with possible 2 accounts
      - See! I told you HEX is dying.

      :S
    • Back on the topic and the cards.

      I love the fact we got shardsfixing again (i love wells). The only thing i really dont like is the fact they are rare (i didnt like that about wells aswell). Shards/Cards like these are kinna mandatory for every player and so they will be in high demand and so very expansie. I never liked the idea that cards like these should be at atleast 250-300p (or even more....yes im looking @ you silly Well of Cunning). I was very happy the Ice Shards where common and was hopping that the future Shards would be common or uncommon and not rare....but still i like them!

      Thats just my 2 cents

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Khaelen ().

    • JeffHoogland wrote:

      I agree that these cards being rare is kind of a buzz kill as well. Hex standard is already pretty expensive.

      Having 8 rare dual resources you need to buy at 5-10$ each makes the intro cost for consistent decks pretty high even before you get into chase legendaries you want to play as finishers.
      Yes, I would prefer not to have to shell out $100 per set just for optimal resource bases.

      That said, I'm not sure these will be must-haves for every two-shard deck like Wells; the life loss is significant. The common-rarity Roots resources we're getting seem great and possibly better than Remnants depending on the deck, so they should be fine budget options.
    • Ramundi wrote:

      JeffHoogland wrote:

      I agree that these cards being rare is kind of a buzz kill as well. Hex standard is already pretty expensive.

      Having 8 rare dual resources you need to buy at 5-10$ each makes the intro cost for consistent decks pretty high even before you get into chase legendaries you want to play as finishers.
      Yes, I would prefer not to have to shell out $100 per set just for optimal resource bases.
      That said, I'm not sure these will be must-haves for every two-shard deck like Wells; the life loss is significant. The common-rarity Roots resources we're getting seem great and possibly better than Remnants depending on the deck, so they should be fine budget options.
      Lands / Shards are always expensive on TCGs. The problem with Hex is that currently is having a kind of inflation with the highest demanded cards, that's a general problem that needs to be addressed.

      (And lest we forget that basically Hex - and any other card game - creates cards so we can buy them, we can't blame them for that. However, I agree that the current standard meta is expensive compared with the past, but as I've said, that's a different problem than printing rare shards).

      I mean, when the dual shards were between 200-400pl, it was a good range for me. I don't know if the new ones will see that price.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Plotynus wrote:

      Ramundi wrote:

      JeffHoogland wrote:

      I agree that these cards being rare is kind of a buzz kill as well. Hex standard is already pretty expensive.

      Having 8 rare dual resources you need to buy at 5-10$ each makes the intro cost for consistent decks pretty high even before you get into chase legendaries you want to play as finishers.
      Yes, I would prefer not to have to shell out $100 per set just for optimal resource bases.That said, I'm not sure these will be must-haves for every two-shard deck like Wells; the life loss is significant. The common-rarity Roots resources we're getting seem great and possibly better than Remnants depending on the deck, so they should be fine budget options.
      Lands / Shards are always expensive on TCGs. The problem with Hex is that currently is having a kind of inflation with the highest demanded cards, that's a general problem that needs to be addressed.
      (And lest we forget that basically Hex - and any other card game - creates cards so we can buy them, we can't blame them for that. However, I agree that the current standard meta is expensive compared with the past, but as I've said, that's a different problem than printing rare shards).

      I mean, when the dual shards were between 200-400pl, it was a good range for me. I don't know if the new ones will see that price.
      The dual shards were in the 200-400p range while they were being opened up in limited. I think the issue with the current price of wells stems from the fact that there were no dual rares in sets 7 or 8, so if you want dual rares, the only ones available are the ones that aren't being opened in limited anymore. So, while these new ones are in limited, I expect they will be in the 200-400p range (if not lower) because the Wells were in that range back when they were in limited.
    • Morshadoom wrote:


      Well you should question why we have this inflation of the word "toxic"

      Because some of you wonderful folks have never seen an actually toxic community and don't understand the difference between "negative outlook" and "outright hostile to the detriment of every community member." Most of us who have seen a hell of a lot worse know better than to label this forum in that manner, the rest of you apply it liberally and its annoying.
    • Plotynus wrote:

      (And lest we forget that basically Hex - and any other card game - creates cards so we can buy them, we can't blame them for that.)
      Agreed.

      I fully admit that it's an inexplicable double-standard I have. I guess it's because it's easy to see resources as "things that let me play my cards" and not cards themselves. Because of this, it feels bad to have to pay so much for things that let you play your cards even before considering the price you paid for 'your cards'.

      Obviously, I know this is wrong, for a few reasons.

      And I'm not even a budget player (though I am frugal with my Hex purchases), so I'm sure it feels extra awful for them.