PVE Updates – Doombringer Edition

• TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Transience wrote:

So, what happening here is; user A says some new feature is too little too late, user B asks him why and then user C somehow imagines that people don't understand what too little too late means.

The Internet in a nutshell.
      User B obviously doesn't understand what user A is getting at so user C offers clarification and user B gets upset....the Internet in a nutshell.
      If you understood what 'too little too late' meant then why ask a pointless question?

/context.
      How can a question be pointless if the answer to the question is unknown?
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Transience wrote:

Exactly.

It might be later than he expected or wished or both but that doesn't translate to 'too' late. If it were really 'too' late because the player lost interest while waiting he wouldn't be posting on the forum anymore.
      A player that doesn't play can still lurk on the forum, I have been one at various times since alpha and know several others that still somewhat actively post/keep up with the game but no longer play or even have the game installed.
      /assumptions.
      Google is your friend:

To read without commenting or contributing, therefore effectively invisible to the rest of the group or community.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • My initial reaction to this was "Great! another reason to play through the campaign again. "

Then i read this thread.

"Oh, no, we have to play the game again."

I don't get you.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • Not sure if anyone has to to be honest. I am not certain, but if I remember right the dungeons have the same equip loot table as it's Az pack save for the extra drops for the dungeon cards. I might be wrong.

What people are against is not to play more to be honest, but to have to reroll one of their 20 characters.
    • Lunavi wrote:

one of their 20 characters.
      Implies that the person has played through the campaign at least 20 times. Remember that non-dynamic campaign that is exactly the same each time through?

SlayerStronghold wrote:

"Oh, no, we have to play the game again."

Is actually, "fuck, I have to re-roll a character and play the campaign again from start just to get equipment that I should be able to get via a dungeon I can barely tolerate grinding for gold".

But yeah, I guess that is hard to understand.
    • Typhonstein wrote:

I have to re-roll a character and play the campaign again from start just to get equipment that I should be able to get via a dungeon I can barely tolerate grinding for gold".
      It's not efficient, but you CAN buy the packs both from the AH and the in-game store, so you don't have to do the rerolling yourself. Yuo can continue grinding and use your gold for that instead.

What this does is make those packs interesting again, if just for a bit. Which is a good thing.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

Typhonstein wrote:

I have to re-roll a character and play the campaign again from start just to get equipment that I should be able to get via a dungeon I can barely tolerate grinding for gold".
      It's not efficient, but you CAN buy the packs both from the AH and the in-game store, so you don't have to do the rerolling yourself. Yuo can continue grinding and use your gold for that instead.
      What this does is make those packs interesting again, if just for a bit. Which is a good thing.
      I'm currently lvling some of my lower lvl chars and keeping there packs.
      even though it can be tedious i wouldnt mind rerolling some chars though as you can test out other deck setups.
      but that is my personall opinion
    • Eraia wrote:

Typhonstein wrote:

By that logic they should add AAA vampire king to set 1 packs now and AAA hierophants to set 3 packs it would make them interesting again which is a good thing. Heck why not add some cards that got cut from set 9 testing into set 2 packs none wants set 2 better make it interesting.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Typhonstein wrote:

It's not efficient, but you CAN buy the packs both from the AH and the in-game store, so you don't have to do the rerolling yourself. Yuo can continue grinding and use your gold for that instead.What this does is make those packs interesting again, if just for a bit. Which is a good thing.
      By that logic they should add AAA vampire king to set 1 packs now and AAA hierophants to set 3 packs it would make them interesting again which is a good thing. Heck why not add some cards that got cut from set 9 testing into set 2 packs none wants set 2 better make it interesting.
      Just a small mistake you are making, AZ's are meant to be repeatable, you cant buy old packs anymore.
      Also packs cost money, AZ's you just have to play through
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Typhonstein wrote:

It's not efficient, but you CAN buy the packs both from the AH and the in-game store, so you don't have to do the rerolling yourself. Yuo can continue grinding and use your gold for that instead.What this does is make those packs interesting again, if just for a bit. Which is a good thing.
      While I agree with your suggestion, I had no issues with selling set2 packs for ~120p each last week.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Set 1 and 3 packs are not available in the store. AZ1 packs are. So no, that's an awful comparison.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

Set 1 and 3 packs are not available in the store. AZ1 packs are. So no, that's an awful comparison.
      Furthermore, you get AZ1 packs from simply playing the campaign. You can't get old PvP from simply playing the game except for the occasional Hexprimal Immortal Championship Tournament.