PVE Updates – Doombringer Edition

• I have one more question for @HEXSirSleepy if he's still around to answer. In the article it mentions like 30+ new pieces of equipment for PvP cards, but I'm wondering if all of those are just for Doombringer or other sets as well. I know there were several pieces of equipment that were showing up on Hex tcg browser but are currently not in client and I'm hoping they will be added soon
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Lunavi wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

Lunavi wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

Khaelen wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

Lots of good news tho i do really dislike putting new rewards in old packs that i have already cracked so many of it just feels bad having to go back and opening hundreds of the same crud i already have to get the last few.
      Yeah, kinna agree. We need something to do with those old worthless equipement. Disenchant and craft for other equipement :saint: ?
      Limited time offer let people trade 5 of any one equipment of the same rarity from those packs for one of the new ones because lets be honest if i got 5 of the same one i would have most likely gotten the new one if it was in the packs back in the day.
      Isn't this basically what auction house is there for?
      No because all the old equipment is worth nothing and the new one will be grossly overpriced.
      Then wait until the prices decrease? Also, it would remove almost all incentive to do this content regularly or use the auction house to get equips, and those equip sales are already low as it is.
      I don't really get what you are arguing at this point content that gives you AZ packs literally can't be done regularly unless you remake characters and redo campaign. That is all i am complaining about don't putt new stuff in old packs i would be fucking furious if they suddenly stuffed a AAA vampire king in normal set 1 packs.
      Ohhhhhhhhhh! I missunderstood you. I thought you were referring to FRA. Sorry, silly me. >_<'
    • I had made up my mind to sit out the Doombringer set until this update.

Here's what I love;

• Given the time you have available to spend on FRA, reworking the most egregious hard-counter champs. Now that I've seen the AI in action, I realize that creating a deck the AI can pilot is, for now, a bit tricky. Would further love to see the other champs NicoSharp pointed out addressed at a later time, but I get it that they weren't the priority for this go round.
      • Continuing to add champs to FRA
      • Continuing to add equipment to older cards
      • The commitment that other tweaks will follow in all areas of PvE.
      Here's what I'd love to see;
      • Achievements system
      • A campaign arena that allows use of campaign champ + mercenaries
        • would be super-awesome if there were multiple arenas that were themed - elemental, bots, gnolls, spirits, etc.
      • Middle-tier difficulty PvE arena.
      • A siege system that rewarded defender originality/fun. Reward players for creating fun content.
      • AI improvements
      • Tweaks to challenges - I get that you're probably averse to removing content, how about you scale the reward based upon the challenge? Closed coffin and Might makes right should give better rewards than other challenges.
    • KozHex wrote:

I have one more question for @HEXSirSleepy if he's still around to answer. In the article it mentions like 30+ new pieces of equipment for PvP cards, but I'm wondering if all of those are just for Doombringer or other sets as well. I know there were several pieces of equipment that were showing up on Hex tcg browser but are currently not in client and I'm hoping they will be added soon
      Sorry for the delayed response. Without getting into exact numbers, I believe that the majority are for Doombringer cards, but there are some others too. Robo-oil for example ;)
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Transience wrote:

Too late for what?
      Too late as in the ship has sailed or the train has left the station, you know....that kind of 'too late'.
      That doesn't really explain anything tho; you are too late for a ship that has sailed because you can't get on it, but it's not like anything is stopping anyone from playing this game, however late it is.

Or are you the ship in this metaphor, and Hex was too late to 'get on'?
    • So, what happening here is; user A says some new feature is too little too late, user B asks him why and then user C somehow imagines that people don't understand what too little too late means.

The Internet in a nutshell.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Transience wrote:

So, what happening here is; user A says some new feature is too little too late, user B asks him why and then user C somehow imagines that people don't understand what too little too late means.

The Internet in a nutshell.
      User B obviously doesn't understand what user A is getting at so user C offers clarification and user B gets upset....the Internet in a nutshell.

If you understood what 'too little too late' meant then why ask a pointless question?

/context.
    • edit: in response to avgasblomman post.

Exactly.

It might be later than he expected or wished or both but that doesn't translate to 'too' late. If it were really 'too' late because the player lost interest while waiting he wouldn't be posting on the forum anymore.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Transience ().

• Transience wrote:

Exactly.

It might be later than he expected or wished or both but that doesn't translate to 'too' late. If it were really 'too' late because the player lost interest while waiting he wouldn't be posting on the forum anymore.
      A player that doesn't play can still lurk on the forum, I have been one at various times since alpha and know several others that still somewhat actively post/keep up with the game but no longer play or even have the game installed.

/assumptions.